The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

13 year fitness expert who started selling used GOLFBALLS! See my story!

1ks

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 14, 2013
Arlington, VA / D.C.
Hi Justin
Great idea.
I have 2 suggestions.

1. Since you are catering to the newbie, have one page that is a dictionary of sorts - state the lingo and explain what it is. Set it up alphabetically and use the lingo as how its usually talked/stated when someone says it.
Ex: "a Rep" = Repetition. Then number of times you perform the exercise. The most common amount is 8-15 reps in a gym.

2. Targeting your marketshare is easy if you are writing ads and specifically targeting them to the person wanting to go to the gym. I am not sure you would want to spend time attempting to grab attention from those reading sites like bodybuilding.com so I would say ignore those people and focus on the people you stated you were catering to in the first place. The newbie gym person isn't spending time on BB.com and if they do go on it, I am sure most are jumping off quickly b/c it is overwhelming.

So if you have identified your target market, that means you should know where they are and what else they read so you can get the ads in front of them. If you don't really, really know your target market, you will never get your ads in front of them. YOu have to find out where else they are on the internet. What else they spend time doing, and reading and talking about. Where they shop, where they go for fun, what many of them do for work, etc. and get the ads in front of them in those places.

An ad can be as simple as: "Finding bb.com a bit overwhelming but want to get into fitness? You aren't alone. Check out xxx.com and let me help you get started with the basics so you can get excited about working out and start to see results!"

or just take an abbreviated version of that and end it with the last word 'started'.

If I can help further, let me know! Have fun with this project! And thank you for your service!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK

GymMemberHelper

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Sep 26, 2013
Self-actualized
Site looks better! I don't like the background (light green) nor the ads...on the left sidebar. Also, you should have your value add stated in like 3 words right at the top.

TJPB,

Your suggestions helped me make GymInvention cleaner and smoother, with a more consistent look/message as of last week.

I spent a few days reworking my GymGym website to have the same clean design.
Here is my (now live) site: http://GymGym.US

Do you understand that site? Does the message make sense? Do your eyes follow the page easier?

Thanks in advance :)

- Justin S.
Reinventing exercise education!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

GymMemberHelper

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Sep 26, 2013
Self-actualized
1ks, "J"

Everything you said is correct. Your wonderful help and thoughts and guidance are both honest and powerful!
Thank you for everything! Looking forward to more chats!

Justin S. :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...