The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

After one year, what next? [trying to build a successful/profitable social network]

Share your FTE moment...

Landon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Mar 13, 2014
Hello fellow entrepreneurs,

Almost exactly one year ago, I started a music-based social network in the hopes of turning it into a venture successful enough to at least be able to quit my day job. I spent money on advertisement as well as development (the most of which went to the latter).

My site now has 3500+ members so I believe that I have proven adequately with my limited resources that there is a promising concept there. Various users on the site have messaged me stating that the site has a lot of promise and pretty much all user interaction has been positive. However, I have not seen much in terms of revenue (to be expected at this stage) and I am struggling with the thought that I cannot keep spending my personal savings on maintaining the site forever without a return. I put a few Google Ads on my site but attempting to charge for membership really isn't an option for the site that I am creating. Obtaining outside investors has crossed my mind but I've always heard that doing so should be a last resort.

I am also dealing with another issue: The activity of the user base is also of concern. Most users join the site, play around, and disappear although there are some power users. I do think alot of this has to do with the relatively low traffic and small membership base that I currently have.

Since I have reached a one year milestone, I thought it might be interesting to hear what you guys think about my concerns; especially those of you who have had successful websites.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.