The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane Powerlifters?

Share your FTE moment...

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
I don't know about you guys, but I train strictly for numbers. Gaining weight for me is harder and more time consuming than anything, so I stick strictly to performance. Haven't been to the gym in about a month, but for right this second I'm sitting at around 5'8 145lbs.

Deadlift: 515lbs
Squat: 365lbs
Bench: 245lbs

Other than the big 3, I'll do clean & jerk from time to time, dumbell snatches, and other explosive stuff. Never worried too much about aesthetics, it just kinda came with the territory of lifting heavy.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
I don't believe your numbers seeing as though you're only 145 lbs. Either you are a bit off or your form is awful.

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
I don't believe your numbers seeing as though you're only 145 lbs. Either you are a bit off or your form is awful.
Form is spot on. I have been lifting since I was 16. A couple of the guys at my previous gym who were competing in PL comps wanted me to join, but my squat was miserable at the time.

Either way, not trying to brag or anything, just seeing who else is in the game.

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
I am 17 about 6' 150-155lbs and I have close to no fat on my body and my arms are very very skinny, when I bench about 150-160 my arms feel like they are extremely stressed...unless everything besides your arms and chest are borderline anorexic I highly doubt you lift that much, your body wouldn't be able to take that much strain, not to mention you would build muscle while lifting that much which would bump up your weight.

I can believe the lifting numbers, but not with your weight and height...the height seems about right for a big time lifter, but the weight has got to be at least 50 pounds off..

I'm not trying to belittle you, it's just really hard to believe, and I'd be happy if you proved me wrong!

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Gotta remember lean muscle is the key - you can lift a lot without being 180-200lbs.

I have been lifting for years and have not too much to show for it, unfortunately durability is not my key. I still do deadlifts but my all time best was 300

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
Deadlift: never done it
Squat: never done it
Bench: lifted the bar a few times in college

Wait until you hit about 26, you'll have an easier time putting on weight ;)

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Those numbers aren't far-fetched at all. I see guys in my gym do it all the time. I just got into crossfit and power lifting. I'm on my 4th month now. I'm 5'8" 170lbs.

Before Crossfit Now
Deadlift 275 345
Squat 245 275
Bench 225 245
Snatch 75 125
Overhead squat 95 145

DreamBig

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jan 8, 2013
Australia
Remember guys this is powerlifting, not bodybuilding- so form always isn't perfect and he'd be talking 1 rep max here. It's about moving weight, not building muscle. There is a BIG difference.

AcquireCurrency

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jul 20, 2011
those are very believable numbers considering op has been lifting since 16

My heaviest deadlift was 380lbs @220lbs (which wasn't much for my size) - but I had to switch to rack pulls as my knees were getting so many injuries and could no longer bend down so far.

Csanders

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 5, 2013
Well done ungodly! I have been lifting for almost a year now and I am no where near that but am getting there! That said I haven't yet attempted my max weight 1 rep sets. Whats everyones opinion on this crossfit craze?

Hooked

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jan 11, 2013
Good on you! I dont do much heavy work anymore but at 5'8 165 5% BMI I got up to:
DL - 495
SQ - 405
BP - 275

Now Im about 150 and use kettlebells most of the time with some bodyweight training and cardio. I'm probably gonna start hitting more weights this summer if I have enough time. I just havent had the drive to push for new PRs, and that was what I enjoyed so much about lifting. Kind of an all-or-nothing thing I guess

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario

His numbers look believable to me. Lower body has insane strength capability even for smaller dudes.

Deadlift: never done it
Squat: never done it
Bench: lifted the bar a few times in college

Wait until you hit about 26, you'll have an easier time putting on weight ;)

A professional sports player who's never worked out in a gym... nice

Hooked

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jan 11, 2013
lol apologies. Hadnt seen someone with such a similar handle when I oh-so-creatively chose mine.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
Mike47 huh?

4987d1365219369-fastlane-powerlifters-f-07_motiv_gr.png

bullshit.gif

First I steal your avatar, now your name? Rough life dude.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
bullshit.gif

First I steal your avatar, now your name? Rough life dude.

Sometimes I wonder how I get out of bed each day, I guess I am just an extraordinarily resilient individual :smilielol:

lol apologies. Hadnt seen someone with such a similar handle when I oh-so-creatively chose mine.

No problem, Mikes around the globe are known for their boring usernames. (Will admit, I was a bit suspicious at first though)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.