The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Forced to move, issue with new location city

Taxes and regulation

yseent

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jul 4, 2019
That’s all? You’re worried about getting the license? Then just apply and you’ll get it. Who has ever not received a standard business license after applying? Lol
That's not "it", but the main concern as I've highlighted. I'd prefer not to have to deal with all the other shit also when I can take some time to put myself in a position to avoid potential problems vs. having to deal with it later.

I've never had an issue with the ones I've applied for before. But they were a lot simpler than this and never really wanted to know this much detail about my business or demand a copy of the lease or a property owner affadavit and blah blah.

Also keep in mind I "tipped them off" by calling and providing the new address and asking a couple questions about the paperwork I wasn't cleared on. Maybe a rookie mistake on my end-but where I live the government isn't horrendous and they're usually helpful in the past when I've called for these types of things, it's actually in the past made things smoother and simpler. Not this time I guess.

So apply and tell them bullshit that's not what my company does?
I know this much about this municipality: If I send in a business app, it's going to go to the city planner (the guy who gave me the 4 approved reasons) and I tell them I'm selling shipping containers, he's going to look into the exact same code that he did after our phone call and find it "not an approved use"

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
Whats the problem with telling them “bullshit” if it technically is true. One sale, one customer and you can have a “business” in anything.

It’s a mentality switch that you need to have. Sometimes that comes with experience and its almost impossible to portray across to you by text here. Its like trying to explain to someone who has never touched fire that its hot. Sometimes you just gotta get burned to learn the lesson, other people will just never touch it.

I don’t think you are angry enough yet with this city planner guy. He is taking food out of your mouth, keeping money away from your bank account and you are cheerleading for this guy not figuring out ways to beat this guy. He may even know intuitively that your reasonings are BS but he won’t be able to definitely prove it and will move on to something else easier. Thats the game we all play!

He isn’t sitting in his office all day waiting for your application ready to mess up your life! Stop thinking you are so special. Its one of a thousand priorities that he has so make it a little difficult for him and most of these guys disappear.

yseent

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jul 4, 2019
Whats the problem with telling them “bullshit” if it technically is true. One sale, one customer and you can have a “business” in anything.

It’s a mentality switch that you need to have. Sometimes that comes with experience and its almost impossible to portray across to you by text here. Its like trying to explain to someone who has never touched fire that its hot. Sometimes you just gotta get burned to learn the lesson, other people will just never touch it.

I don’t think you are angry enough yet with this city planner guy. He is taking food out of your mouth, keeping money away from your bank account and you are cheerleading for this guy not figuring out ways to beat this guy. He may even know intuitively that your reasonings are BS but he won’t be able to definitely prove it and will move on to something else easier. Thats the game we all play!

He isn’t sitting in his office all day waiting for your application ready to mess up your life! Stop thinking you are so special. Its one of a thousand priorities that he has so make it a little difficult for him and most of these guys disappear.
Wrong. You're literally taking everything I've brought to this forum out of context and twisted and fabricated it into another direction.
You clearly don't understand that I've asked over and over again "how" and "what's the best option" to overcome this. But cheerleading for this guy? Get the F*ck out of here, take that shit and shove it up your a**hole. I'm sure you think it's so funny to talk down to someone you think that is less than you because you're some great amazing entrepreneur.
I'm not sitting here whining about this guy, and it's not his responsibility to make my business work, it's mine. There's many ways to do this, that aren't dependent on him or his city issuing me a license. I'm trying to get some advise on what's best.
And I"m not sitting here worried about this guy, I'm clearly looking at my different options objectively, while asking for advice that I'm only half-getting after challenging your fabricated twisted nonsense you keep coming to this post with.
Maybe some of what I'm getting caught up in is nonsense, I'm willing to concede that, but I can't see that, which is why I'm here asking for advice. So if what you're saying isn't advice that answers my actual questions-keep it to yourself cause I don't' give a shit about your ego or how much better you think you are.
I don't need to waste my energy and anger on one stupid city buearocrat. Better things to do with my time and energy.
And you know what? Him, nor this location, doesn't hold "the golden ring" , like most of you keep focusing on.
IT'S ONE OPTION, and it would be stupid to sit here and focus on one of many scenario's that would work. I'm not sure how it is such a successful entrepreneur can't understand that.

Everything you've said and contributed so far, focuses on this one guy, this one property, THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY ORIGINAL QUESTION. So it's hard to take you seriously when you can't even read the original post correctly of what I'm asking.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.