The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How did you get your first client?

Marketing, social media, advertising

cnote99

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Oct 8, 2021
Currently threw myself into the deep in of the pool to sink or swim.

I am a brand new entrepreneur, and just started my first company to sell my services. My market is the human resources field, specifically helping job seekers with their journey.

After testing my idea with an initial ad run to gauge interest I believe it to be a valuable service that people will benefit from. (I also got these clicks when my landing page looked horrible and gave no background about the company)

But, being a younger guy I do not have a ton of cash sitting around to burn advertising.

I was hoping someone could enlighten me on how to market your company in the very early days.

PS
Every week I post on the socials that I have set up for the business. I am currently working on scouring the internet to find emails that I can cold send promotions.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I would think social media would be a great place to post your job search tips and begin audience building.

@ZCP does something similar with engineering jobs on TikTok and has made a lot of traction.

cnote99

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Oct 8, 2021
I would think social media would be a great place to post your job search tips and begin audience building.

@ZCP does something similar with engineering jobs on TikTok and has made a lot of traction.
100%

It's all a learning curve so I am picking up as much as I can as I go (specifically about building a social media following)

I will reach out to him.

I appreciate it!

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Currently threw myself into the deep in of the pool to sink or swim.

I am a brand new entrepreneur, and just started my first company to sell my services. My market is the human resources field, specifically helping job seekers with their journey.

After testing my idea with an initial ad run to gauge interest I believe it to be a valuable service that people will benefit from. (I also got these clicks when my landing page looked horrible and gave no background about the company)

But, being a younger guy I do not have a ton of cash sitting around to burn advertising.

I was hoping someone could enlighten me on how to market your company in the very early days.

PS
Every week I post on the socials that I have set up for the business. I am currently working on scouring the internet to find emails that I can cold send promotions.
You need to get some success stories under your belt. Find groups of people who are out looking for jobs. Test your system with them. Have each of them write you a review as you help them. I'm not sure at what point you can ask to get paid. You sound like you want to get paid out of the gate. Most people I know build their brand and their following before they create an income stream.

cnote99

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Oct 8, 2021
You need to get some success stories under your belt. Find groups of people who are out looking for jobs. Test your system with them. Have each of them write you a review as you help them. I'm not sure at what point you can ask to get paid. You sound like you want to get paid out of the gate. Most people I know build their brand and their following before they create an income stream.
That is a great idea!

I tested out the idea by running ads to see if I would get traffic. The old landing page was very ugly, and did not really shed any light on the problem I am trying to solve.

Since, I have redesigned the landing page and set up several links where people can learn more.

The best bet at finding these people would be probably be job fairs and new college graduates.

I will keep you updated on the progress!

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
That is a great idea!

I tested out the idea by running ads to see if I would get traffic. The old landing page was very ugly, and did not really shed any light on the problem I am trying to solve.

Since, I have redesigned the landing page and set up several links where people can learn more.

The best bet at finding these people would be probably be job fairs and new college graduates.

I will keep you updated on the progress!
Why must you wait for a job fair or graduation? Every college has gathering places -- the cafe, the gym, the library, the lawn... You could do it the old fashion way -- print up cards and hand them out to everyone everywhere. How about parents and grandparents? These kids are living in their spare room or basement. How about the different Facebook groups? How about making a plan and getting out every day with the purpose to meet people? You can direct them to the website.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Let everyone know what you're doing and ask if they know anyone who needs help.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Let everyone know what you're doing and ask if they know anyone who needs help.
Andy is right. Ask for referrals. Talk to everyone about your business. Make up brochures & fact sheets to hand out. Become the "go-to" person in your world. Put some cheap little wrapped candies in your pocket to give out. with your info. Start a support group for unemployed and under-employed people. You can meet on Zoom. Work with the college job centers and your local economic development people. Go to street fairs and other local events. Most are free. Have yourself some T-shirts printed with your message to wear when you are out. Make your contact info the focus. Get magnetic signs for your car. Shall I go on????

Your job is to make your brand magnetic.

cnote99

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Oct 8, 2021
Andy is right. Ask for referrals. Talk to everyone about your business. Make up brochures & fact sheets to hand out. Become the "go-to" person in your world. Put some cheap little wrapped candies in your pocket to give out. with your info. Start a support group for unemployed and under-employed people. You can meet on Zoom. Work with the college job centers and your local economic development people. Go to street fairs and other local events. Most are free. Have yourself some T-shirts printed with your message to wear when you are out. Make your contact info the focus. Get magnetic signs for your car. Shall I go on????

Your job is to make your brand magnetic.
Great ideas,

It really is all about hustling to get to your customers. I need to realize it will take alot of talking to people about the business in person.

I think the career centers and talking directly with the customers at every occasion will definitely pay dividends. Unfortunately I do not live in a big city, with major universities near me. But I do have a couple of smaller community colleges near me. It may even be advantageous to start small.

Thank you guys!

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
There's always Facebook groups with your target audience.

Become the person in that group who is known for what you do.

You start by answering questions and helping people.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
There's always Facebook groups with your target audience.

Become the person in that group who is known for what you do.

You start by answering questions and helping people.
^ This.

Check out the first row of links in my signature too, especially "Who Have You Helped?" and "Just Start Already".

If you can't see signatures then turn your phone sideways.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.