The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How I Went from Problem to Prototype in 14 Days

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Very cool, is that you?

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011
A market opportunity waiting to be grabbed...

Neat, its getting easier to do this. Factories are coming to everyone. So are you going to grab the opportunity? Just asking, are you going to manufacture large quantities or what.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bond

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Dec 13, 2009
Neat, its getting easier to do this. Factories are coming to everyone. So are you going to grab the opportunity? Just asking, are you going to manufacture large quantities or what.

If it was a few years ago, I would do it since I had the means to do it...
Right now, no. Just sharing so someone could do it...

Edit: I'm not the guy who did the case I just found this and thought it would be good to share here...

Sam Bleckley

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 28, 2012
Very cool, is that you?
Nah, that'd be me. Nice of y'all to notice and read about it; thanks. I certainly is amazing how much progress has been made in one-off manufacturing.

No mass-production is likely. I wrote the post in part to see if there was any interest in a hard-sided case like that, but the response has been underwhelming, even among friends :)

It's just as well --- I'm headed out of the country, and away from my computer, for 6 or 9 months. It would have been an awkward time to chase such an opportunity.

If anyone is interested, I'm happy to offer up the designs, and my notes so far as regards what ought to be changed in a second prototype. Pololu also has my permission to store and reproduce my order: Pololu - Quote 1J11073

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.