The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I don't belong to my tribe!

Yortanlı/Türkiye

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
May 13, 2023
My mother's side is poor-minded, my father's side is both poor and poor-minded, they all see 9-5 as "luxury", "life".

In Muslim countries, it's the feast of sacrifice right now, so I went on family visits.

all 10/10 losers.

They see me as their own and they want me to be like them, they prefer me to be a poor peasant grazing goats in the mountains.

I feel so bad about it, I'm afraid to be like my family, everyone tells me that 9-5 slavery is a luxury and they prefer "slavery" to me.

I will not be with them, I will not "suicide" and I will do everything to make my surname a respected brand!

(translated on google translate)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RightyTighty

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
May 31, 2023
Arkansas
Having a different set of values from your entire family has got to be painful in some ways, but in your circumstances it’s entirely necessary. Make your own path and don’t give in to their wishes, but try not to let your differences become a wall between you. Even if it takes effort, try to keep the lines of communication open; you’ll be glad you did. Maybe some of them will eventually come to see the light. But whatever you do, do not let them impose their will on you.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
My mother's side is poor-minded, my father's side is both poor and poor-minded, they all see 9-5 as "luxury", "life".

In Muslim countries, it's the feast of sacrifice right now, so I went on family visits.

all 10/10 losers.

They see me as their own and they want me to be like them, they prefer me to be a poor peasant grazing goats in the mountains.

I feel so bad about it, I'm afraid to be like my family, everyone tells me that 9-5 slavery is a luxury and they prefer "slavery" to me.

I will not be with them, I will not "suicide" and I will do everything to make my surname a respected brand!

This is going to be very hard for you. You can do it.

Awakened2022

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Jan 14, 2023

all 10/10 losers.

If it is any comfort to you, kindly know that you are not the first to have a family that thinks they know what is best for you.

Most of us are living double lives:the meek and submissive wife, and the intelligent go-getter entrepreneur.

The good news is that you have found this forum which to me beats any MBA one would wish to attain.

You will learn from them and if you ask the right questions, you will get free mentorship.

I can assure you from experience that when you attain the life you are pursuing, you will be their most beloved relative.

If you are not married yet, make sure to marry someone who shares your aspirations.
If their lives suck, don't let them suck the life out of you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...