The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I f*cked up and I know why

Anything related to matters of the mind

makingofme

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 6, 2023
Hi once again,

Been a long time since my last post, and quite frankly I was embarassed when I saw my last post title and what I did in regards to move closer to achieve that goal.

First off, I'll tell you that I've done absolutely 0 needle-moving work from my last post on this forum.

And it is truly only my fault, noone else to blame.

When I started that "progress" thread, I only did update it a few times, because I thought it would keep me accountable, to some extent it did, but not fully.

My first mistake was aiming for such a crazy amount when in reality even if it is doable, I need to be a completely different person from what I was then and I am now.

Trough the past few months, I've dabbled in mental masturbation as usual, and just binge watching business content, I'd feel pumped after watching the videos, then I'd fall into the mindset rabbit hole... Examples : What if it's all just luck? What if it's not meant for me? What if I fail? What if this happens? What if I never get rich?

What if this and that...

Then I had a moment, just a couple weeks ago about these thoughts.

I realized that I can find proof that these thoughts aren't true.

For example "You need to be talented in business to have success" or "You need to be lucky to find the right opportunity at the right time, the right place, etc etc"

When these thoughts came to my mind, suddenly something inside me would split, to best describe it is that it's almost like I have two guys inside me, one is a hater and rooting for me to fail and giving me all the resources to fail, the other is a fan rooting for me to succeed and giving me all the resources to succeed.

I have managed to "disprove" excuses that arised from my negative thoughts, from thoughts of me being unlucky, unworthy, stupid, I can't do it, bla bla.

Then just a few days ago, I stumbled upon MJ's video that explains how to go from broke to filty rich ( I believe that's the title ).

And Wow, did it hit me.

Not because it was something profound, but because it was something that aligned with my new thoughts and it also aligned with the information from YouTube business related podcasts, advice I received from some successful wealthy businessmen...

I now know what to do, and I know how to do it without failure.

What MJ described in that video is something that is failure proof, here's what I mean.

When you have specialized knowledge it doesn't matter the state of the economy, size of the market, and what not, it is impossible to fail making more money then you will ever need.

That specialized knowledge compounds and has unmeasurable returns for lifetime.

The better you are at a particular skill the harder it will be for those in need of your skill to replace you, underpay you and so on.

My plan now is very simple, and I will follow exactly what MJ tells in that video.

Even better, one thing that MJ didn't mention in that video is that you have unlimited amounts of swings to go from specialized skill/knowledge to specialized unit. Because you will always be able to earn money by selling your specialized skill/knowledge and at the same time swinging the bat at different CENTS ideas that could pay off, if one fails, well no biggie, I have time, basic needs met, and can save up again from selling my skill...

I won't do progress threads daily anymore since they are kind of boring to me, but I will do one monthly progress thread, giving updates and quick summary of the past month...

I am currently at the selling specialized knowledge stage, because I already am proficient at one particular skill and I know how much I bring to the table, because I've done it in the past.

My plan is to start outreaching to potential customers for my skill.

Outreach is just a numbers game, so I will just try to optimize the amount of leverage I get from every outreach session I do daily, improving what needs to be fixed, testing new improvementd against new/old ideas and so on.

Goal is to land 1 client, then 2, then 3, and build from there, brick by brick, I am in no hurry.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Trough the past few months, I've dabbled in mental masturbation as usual, and just binge watching business content, I'd feel pumped after watching the videos, then I'd fall into the mindset rabbit hole... Examples : What if it's all just luck? What if it's not meant for me? What if I fail? What if this happens? What if I never get rich?
It’s very normal to have such doubts because we don’t grow up in a culture normalizing business failure. Because we don’t have too much friends and relatives getting used to that kinds of set backs.

Trump and Kiyosaki talked about multiple bankruptcies as lightly as getting a few break ups during teenage years.

I was talking to a business woman from Canada and she was previously from southern China. She made a few million usd in early 2000s selling clothes in Africa. Now she is “on the run” from creditors because her attempt to expand her business and aiming for ipo failed, bank foreclosed on her properties and her still owed friends, father’s friends huge amount of personal loans.

In her home city (Yi wu) a city famous for global exports such stories are very common. Max leverage and fail, on the run and then try making a come back.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
one thing that MJ didn't mention in that video is that you have unlimited amounts of swings to go from specialized skill/knowledge to specialized unit. Because you will always be able to earn money by selling your specialized skill/knowledge and at the same time swinging the bat at different CENTS ideas that could pay off, if one fails, well no biggie, I have time, basic needs met, and can save up again from selling my skill...

Exactly. A specialized skill is the ultimate safety net, not a liberal arts degree.

Wishing you the best on your journey.

SnowLava

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jul 7, 2023
India
Great post! Thanks for sharing your learnings.

I am currently at the selling specialized knowledge stage, because I already am proficient at one particular skill and I know how much I bring to the table, because I've done it in the past
What kind of skill exactly? And how do you plan to acquire customers? Will they be people you know or will they be cold leads?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

makingofme

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 6, 2023
Exactly. A specialized skill is the ultimate safety net, not a liberal arts degree.

Wishing you the best on your journey.
Thanks a lot MJ. At first I was skeptical when I first learned about you a few months ago, but it all changed when I spoke with 4 different businessmen that I knew wanted to give genuine advice to me.

All 4 of them being running their own businesses that have an enterprise value of at least $100M.

I asked all of them the same question, how do I get rich?

All of their answers were summed up to this.

You've got it all wrong, you don't build wealth or get rich having an income, but by building a company that based off of it's profits has an enterprise value. That answer was same with all 4 of them, with no exceptions.

The 2nd thing they told me, you've got it all wrong, you don't start by asking how can someone get rich, but by asking yourself how can I provide so much value that it would be unreasonable for you to not get to your desired numbers.

And the 3rd thing they told me is the following.

Knowledge -> Apply Knowledge -> Iteration -> Value

At first when I spoke to the first two, it felt weird both of them were giving the same advice and I thought oh well just a coincidence, but then the 3rd and the 4th guy, gave me the same exact blueprint.

Sell your specialized skill to someone who needs it, if you can't create a specialized unit around your skill, try finding solutions to problems within the industries you're applying your skill the most to, because you have more advantages then disadvantages that way. From entry ( knowledge, network, customers, experience ) and a lot more.

Time to put my nose to the grind stone, while doing the outreach, I am also trying to fine tune my skills even more, practicing day in and day out.

Thanks a lot, once again MJ, truly happy to have found your advice in the sea full of bullshit.

makingofme

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 6, 2023
Great post! Thanks for sharing your learnings.

What kind of skill exactly? And how do you plan to acquire customers? Will they be people you know or will they be cold leads?
It's a skill I enjoy practicing, applying and is something I can see myself going all in to become the best at.

I plan to acquire customers, mainly trough word of mouth, once I get my first client, but the first client will come trough outreach.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.