The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I finally understand David Goggins, Jocko, Cameron Haynes etc.. #75Hard

Anything related to matters of the mind

EngineerThis

Accelerate your New Product Launch!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Nov 26, 2014
Traverse City, MI
I actually have to agree with this, some of us aren't born/raised/equipped to pull it off. Add personalities or other things like ADHD, and just "getting up and doing what we should" while still trying to do everything else is not something everyone is equipped to or prepared to manage.

I needed the structure of someone else's program or challenge, and the physical is an easy way to help people develop that. In this particular case, Andy had his businesses rolling before he came up with 75, he didn't need it to build a business, he needed it to keep his own health a priority, so canme up with his own little challenge, and when he shared it, well, others jumped on the bandwagon because they needed to learn more self discipline than they had as well.

No, it's not for everyone, and the cult following is sometimes hilarious, but to throw the entire premise out because "you" didn't need it is narrow minded imo.

Between several rounds of this, and my power list, I feel equipped to take things into my own hands and keep running with it, but I can promise I NEVER would have figured it out on my own, or learned as much about myself and how to deal with my own short comings, what does and doesn't work for me in such a limited amount of time without those two things.

I would never have read MJ's book if it wasn't for 75 either..... because I always viewed self development books as frufru bs and never went to that book section to begin with....

It may not be for "you," and "you" may not need it, but it has definitely helped some of us figure some stuff out other things simply didn't drill into our heads the same way.
To simplify what you and I stated.. I always knew "What I should do, and what I have to do" That was never the issue. The issue was "How". How do I focus and grind out the daily tasks I need to do, every day? How do I tell my friends No, without being bummed out? How do I hit the gym when I'm tired, How do I turn down free doughnuts?... Executing, discipline, integrity, focus, resilience, perseverance.. These are learned skills that I never really mastered... Because I was always under the leadership of others... Luckily I found 75hard, which teaches you these skills via bootcamp. Except it's harder because YOU are YOUR own drill sergeant... Which is absolutely true in the real world.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I like doing hard things. A challenge inspires me. In business mostly, but more recently in athleticism. Most people die having lived a life well short of what they were actually capable of.

I'm more on the Goggins side of things. Push the limits. See what you are truly capable of in business and in life. I don't want to live my life not becoming all I was made to be. That means a proper combination and order of priorities. I don't want to waste potential. I also don't see the point in needlessly injuring myself, that's well past the point of diminishing returns.

Comfort ironiclly breeds uncomfortable levels of depression and anxiety. It's a luxury to be depressed and anxious. Find more important things to do.

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
462%
Mar 15, 2018
I haven't been able to figure out "WHY" These guys put themselves through such suffering on a daily basis... But I think I do now.

David Goggins, Jocko Wilnik, Cameron Haynes, Andy Friscilla all have something in common, they're sadistic in the suffering they put themselves through.. Yet love it, crave it, and push even harder the next day.. Why do they do this?

Between going back to working out just after shoulder surgery, running a 200mile foot race, waking up at 4am, and hitting weights EVERY DAY.. Running up Mountains EVERYDAY, finishing the race despite major injuries, raw skin, and hurricanes.. These guys are ultra performers, yet seemingly "normal" dudes.

I thought it was a quest to be "Tough or manly as possible" or maybe "To be stronger than anyone else" or maybe they just get addicted to the endorphin rush..

I started #75Hard a mental toughness program that utilizes physical daily challenges to get you there, I was on Day 16 (Wake up 4:30am, walk 2 miles, work.. Hit the gym, then home.. While making sure I read 10 pages of a book, stick to a diet, and finish my gallon of water) EVERYDAY. Then I injured my knee, got the flu, and my wife went into labor.. No joke! I relented and took off 2 weeks to care for her and my new daughter... What I realized is I felt like crap. I was overjoyed for my daughter but physically I felt like crap, why? Because I wasn't doing anything HARD...

So back on the train, on Day 5 now, and it clicked with me this morning on my daily 5am 2 mile walk.. As the snow was falling, and was sleep-deprived.. I realised the truth, ONLY HARD THINGS MAKE YOU FEEL GOOD AFTER.

This is why I believe these guys do the things they do, because they feel awesome after! Physically stronger, breaking mental barriers, just being proud of yourself, and having the integrity to do the workout fully even though no one is watching..

NOTHING FUN OR EASY MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD AFTER..

Drinking, eating cake, Masturbating, Driving a Lambo, Watching TV... All those things feel good at the moment, but ALL make you feel bad AFTER you stop.

Going to church, real sex, working out, learning, running towards fear, pain, living/eating healthy, working on your Fastlane, and Finishing a major project.. These things suck at first, but you will feel AWESOME after!

In short, good/fun/easy things will leave you feeling depressed after.. (To various degrees)

But painful, scary, hard, tiring, draining things WILL make you feel awesome after, and that feeling of accomplishment, pride, energy, next level etc... Stays for a while. At least until tomorrow, when you grind it into fruition again :)

Survival -> Status -> Freedom -> Purpose​

I tried to explain my thinking in this thread.

Whenever I hear people saying "while others commute to work I am taking my Ferrari to grab a coffee", they are still only at "Status". There is not only nothing wrong with it, I applaud people who moved on from mediocrity to this level.

It never ceases to be a part of you anyway, it just changes. I am still on the hunt for collectable 911s (similar to @Fox) but I don't have a warehouse "man-cave" set up yet, so it'll all have to wait and it causes me no pain to wait. That deep desire for a car drops in intensity the minute you know you can get one! Doesn't go anywhere, just isn't a priority.

The Freedom part is important, that's the f-u money where you know that short of being very stupid, you'll be ok without having to do things for money.

Where does Goggins come into this? To get past survival, we need to do extraordinary things. To live like the 1%... you know, can't be the 99%. But our minds stand in the way. We seek comfort, way too much of it. It's a disgrace that people are literally eating themselves into obesity and then killing themselves out of depression at staggering rates. Too much comfort.

I butt heads with @MTF on this a lot. In fact, I think our relationship (that used to have hints of friendship) broke right after the discomfort club he used to run ceased to exist.

The point is this: be true to who you are. You aren't Goggins, don't try to do his best, do YOUR best. When you think you've hit a wall, why not try to push past it? Worst case, you get hurt a little - you aren't likely to die or permanently damage yourself, your brain will likely stop you miles before then. But some people want to be imitators and want to do Goggin's events, not their own version of Goggin's events.

And the habits you build from doing that will serve you outside of athletics. Business too needs that discipline!

YOU be YOU. Let Goggins be him. Take what works from him mindset and that's it. He's a force for good for that reason.

That's the hill I'll die on this forum. There is a real comfort crisis in North America (and maybe Europe) these days. We need to manufacture discomfort to grow as people.

Your life will be hard regardless, so why not channel the hard to the right kind of hard.

Last edited:

Bounce Back

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Dec 30, 2023
Florida
Is there any reading material or resources around this sort of philosophy? Elite Performance centered around the concept of doing it for yourself/internal rather than for others/external.
Stoicism sans "the gods"/abstract spiritual references.

Otherwise I'd say elements of say Zen Buddhism but not completely from my understanding. They wouldn't really strive to be elite as chasing that on its own would be clinging to this life.

However both are internal focused in my opinion. Basically anything else covering "internal locus of control" would most likely be able to be adapted I'd think.

Last edited:

EngineerThis

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Nov 26, 2014
Traverse City, MI
Is there any reading material or resources around this sort of philosophy? Elite Performance centered around the concept of doing it for yourself/internal rather than for others/external.
An Elite performer's strongest competition and strongest enemy IS THEMSELVES.. They do everything they can to battle their own ego and inner voice.

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Apr 12, 2012
An Elite performer's strongest competition and strongest enemy IS THEMSELVES.. They do everything they can to battle their own ego and inner voice.
The philosophy presented by MTF doesn't sound like a philosophy that makes yourself your strongest enemy.

EngineerThis

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Nov 26, 2014
Traverse City, MI
The philosophy presented by MTF doesn't sound like a philosophy that makes yourself your strongest enemy.
It's not a negative thing.. Beating your enemy is an extremely rewarding feeling.. Does it feel negative when you defeat a boss in video games?

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Apr 12, 2012
It's not a negative thing.. Beating your enemy is an extremely rewarding feeling.. Does it feel negative when you defeat a boss in video games?
I am not saying that it is. Still, it sounds a lot like David Goggins talking about "Taking souls". In this case, you try to crush yourself.

MTF's example was partly about being totally relaxed in your pursuit of greatness. Seeing yourself as an enemy that you have to beat doesn't sound relaxing at all to me.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011

Nothing that direct. I don't think it's that common because it doesn't appeal to social media masses. It's not extreme enough. But you can find many role models in sports like freediving (like William Trubridge or Alexey Molchanov), surfing (like Laird Hamilton though he's super competitive but he's still a chill guy as far as I know), and rock climbing (like Alex Honnold).

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 10, 2022
The inner game of tennis. An absolutely must read book.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
I actually have to agree with this, some of us aren't born/raised/equipped to pull it off. Add personalities or other things like ADHD, and just "getting up and doing what we should" while still trying to do everything else is not something everyone is equipped to or prepared to manage.
That's true – but nobody is born ready to pull it off. We all have our own strengths and weakness, and we need to figure out our own path, not listen to a guru.

Put it like this, so long as you're listening to a guru, no matter how much you rise, you'll always stay in that guru's shadow. To become greater than the guru, you can have no master, no leader aside from yourself.

So listening to a guru is putting a bandaid on the problem of figuring out your own path. It's looking to outsource success to someone else. It's giving up control, which is anti-fastlane in my view.

And saying "I don't know what to work on my business" is an excuse. The first thing to work on is always getting money. Or putting together the things that will enable you to get money. Sales presentations, ideas, and so on. Marketing – figuring out who your buyer is, what their needs are, what they look for in terms of credibility, etc.

Where does Goggins come into this? To get past survival, we need to do extraordinary things. To live like the 1%... you know, can't be the 99%. But our minds stand in the way. We seek comfort, way too much of it. It's a disgrace that people are literally eating themselves into obesity and then killing themselves out of depression at staggering rates. Too much comfort.
What's extraordinary? I am extraordinary in some things but very ordinary and substandard in others. My diet is shit, I eat all the sugars all the time. Every day I have cake and sweets and ice cream. Because I don't really care about my diet that much, it's not a priority. Some people with my diet would be like "ughh but I feel like shit, bla bla bla" – work anyway!

It is now 2 AM and I am just coming off creating a new automated billing system for our company. And in fact, before I go to sleep, I'll go eat some more cake and ice cream :rofl:

I realize this though – if I tried to be out of my comfort zone in all areas of life, I would fail in all areas. So I stay deep into my comfort zone in most areas of my life, so I can get out of my comfort zone in the few that matter to me at the moment. You need to learn to conserve your energy. I put a lot of energy in my business because I conserve a lot of energy in the rest of my life. I wouldn't be able to do it otherwise.

In addition, I'd say that working on my business is actually my comfort zone. Getting a job would be F*cking scary for me by comparison. I never held a job. Going in for an interview, being judged, taking a test – :wideyed:... gives me the chills even thinking about it.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
So listening to a guru is putting a bandaid on the problem of figuring out your own path. It's looking to outsource success to someone else. It's giving up control, which is anti-fastlane in my view.
Yes. I call this "boss seeking behavior."

Entrepreneurs aren't really entrepreneurial if they insist on a crutch of someone smarter or better than them to hold their hands at all times.

Become the master of your domain.

In business, I don't go looking for someone to lead me. I'll bounce things off of others from time to time, but each decision is ultimately is left to me.

I'll never be the best or even a good runner. That's not the point. The point is beating myself, so I'm happy to cede some of my mindset and strategy to gurus or my coach on this endeavor.

Last edited:

EngineerThis

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Nov 26, 2014
Traverse City, MI
That's true – but nobody is born ready to pull it off. We all have our own strengths and weakness, and we need to figure out our own path, not listen to a guru.

Put it like this, so long as you're listening to a guru, no matter how much you rise, you'll always stay in that guru's shadow. To become greater than the guru, you can have no master, no leader aside from yourself.

And saying "I don't know what to work on my business" is an excuse. The first thing to work on is always getting money. Or putting together the things that will enable you to get money. Sales presentations, ideas, and so on. Marketing – figuring out who your buyer is, what their needs are, what they look for in terms of credibility, etc.

What's extraordinary? I am extraordinary in some things but very ordinary and substandard in others. My diet is shit, I eat all the sugars all the time. Every day I have cake and sweets and ice cream. Because I don't really care about my diet that much, it's not a priority. Some people with my diet would be like "ughh but I feel like shit, bla bla bla" – work anyway!

It is now 2 AM and I am just coming off creating a new automated billing system for our company. And in fact, before I go to sleep, I'll go eat some more cake and ice cream :rofl:

I realize this though – if I tried to be out of my comfort zone in all areas of life, I would fail in all areas. So I stay deep into my comfort zone in most areas of my life, so I can get out of my comfort zone in the few that matter to me at the moment. You need to learn to conserve your energy. I put a lot of energy in my business because I conserve a lot of energy in the rest of my life. I wouldn't be able to do it otherwise.

In addition, I'd say that working on my business is actually my comfort zone. Getting a job would be F*cking scary for me by comparison. I never held a job. Going in for an interview, being judged, taking a test – :wideyed:... gives me the chills even thinking about it.
I serve God, no man.. Just because I implemented some ideas from Alex Hormozi, Followed a Mental program Andy created, try some new workouts I saw Cameron Haynes doing... I could go on and on.. That does not mean I worship these guys or even wish I could live their life for a day, they're just human... That being said, they're willing to teach, and their ideas and strategies sound good to me for the most part, and their ideas and strategies are MUCH better than anyone else I've known in my own small life.. I assume many feel the same, which is why these guys have the following they do.

HoneyBadger302

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Apr 20, 2023
This absolutely does not compute with me - you're here, in a "guru"'s forum, sharing and receiving advice, yet by your own admittance, no one should ever need any direction from anyone else ever? If that's the case, why are you here?

By your statements, scrap any and all education of any variety, because everyone can just "figure it out" perfectly fine on their own. Hint: not true, because if it was, the world would look VERY different than it does.

I have not given anyone else control, nor have they sought or taken any control. No one will save me if I fail (nor has anyone in the past), no one is by my side should I succeed. Using some of their advice, or tips or tricks from those who've gone before is not "giving up control" or worshiping someone else and riding their coattails. It's choosing things that also work for me, without having to learn every single lesson in life the hard way. Personally, if you don't need to learn every single lesson yourself, that's a good thing, not a bad thing.

Not everyone comes from the same background, or was exposed to the same ideas at a younger age. I'm all for finding out what works for you, but if someone else has done some of the legwork, and you can take a tried and true method and apply it to your situation, I do not see why that is a bad thing.

Guess our traction in life has varied wildly, and we probably won't agree on this matter. I'm perfectly okay with that, don't feel a need to change your mind, but you're definitely not going to change mine lol.

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Aug 26, 2023
I haven't been able to figure out "WHY" These guys put themselves through such suffering on a daily basis... But I think I do now.

David Goggins, Jocko Wilnik, Cameron Haynes, Andy Friscilla all have something in common, they're sadistic in the suffering they put themselves through.. Yet love it, crave it, and push even harder the next day.. Why do they do this?

I thought it was a quest to be "Tough or manly as possible" or maybe "To be stronger than anyone else" or maybe they just get addicted to the endorphin rush..

They probably had their WTF moment, tore themselves apart from the artificial fabric of a cozy, God-fearing, highly judging society and started doing what they loved until they became the best on the globe for their skill.
They did make millions and I guess they deserve every penny of it. They are masters of their trade. They CAN walk the talk.

No, you don't know. Most of these guys have f*cked up psyches after a shitty childhood and then serving in special forces and having equally shitty experiences there.

Broken people are often drawn to this type of work, as if by becoming badass they can finally face their (often long dead) bully from their childhood (often a family member, dad or stepdad).

The shit they've gone through well before becoming gurus is the most important thing that discerns them. An everyday person will never get anywhere close to the mindset of those guys and I don't think any sane person wants to.
There are so many victims out there, but only one Goggins! I would give an arm and a leg for his mindset - to push forward while ignoring whatever his mind or body says!

Yes, they all have one thing in common besides their psychotic/PTSD-infused experiences and/or traumatic childhood, and that's the fact that they're all selling you something : Courses, masterclasses, merch, public speaking bookings.

These guys know that the eCommerce/get-rich-quick guru marketing angle is overused, so they crafted their brand based on the go-hard-or-go-home identity. Military elements, oozing testosterone (yes, young aspiring men get wet at this word), the no-nonsense traditional/conservative tough guy vibe. Guess what? Their target demographic is the exact same audience as Black Riffle Coffee lol.

You're confusing Andrew Tate with David Goggins! The former is a Guru, latter is a legend.

They don't sell merch, they sell Emotion .. !

Last edited:

Consolation

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Sep 6, 2017
Malaysia
Yes, they all have one thing in common besides their psychotic/PTSD-infused experiences and/or traumatic childhood, and that's the fact that they're all selling you something : Courses, masterclasses, merch, public speaking bookings.
This is a lesson from Adam Smith's principle of economics: It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker David Goggins, Jocko, Cameron Haynes, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. sales funnel.

There's a saying that I heard somewhere a soon-to-be retired Navy Seal has book contract waiting for them.

DISCLAIMER: I am not downplaying their achievements. They have accomplished great things and managed to channelled (not conquered) their demons. How many psychopaths were in the special-forces and turned out to be serial-killer after leaving the military? I called these people mini-Goggins.

There could be more mini-Goggins out there than the real Goggins himself.

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Aug 26, 2023
This is a lesson from Adam Smith's principle of economics: It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker David Goggins, Jocko, Cameron Haynes, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. sales funnel.

There's a saying that I heard somewhere a soon-to-be retired Navy Seal has book contract waiting for them.

DISCLAIMER: I am not downplaying their achievements. They have accomplished great things and managed to channelled (not conquered) their demons. How many psychopaths were in the special-forces and turned out to be serial-killer after leaving the military? I called these people mini-Goggins.

There could be more mini-Goggins out there than the real Goggins himself.
Why Goggins? What makes him special?

His thought process is available online for free. He's not of the type: Buy My Book, I need your money to be a millionaire because that's my only goal, blah blah guru!

He saved my life, twice, without asking for a penny!

2020, Covid .. I was in ICU .. a Powerlifter with a boastful pair of legs .. 3 weeks of ICU .. eats muscle so much that I was reduced to a crawler, a wheelchair-bound victim of hospitalization.

The loss in business due to factory shutdown because of lockdown, loss of health due to lockdown, Doctors bewildered .. unable to handle the post-COVID traumas...

Goggins came to my mind... "When your body says stop .. you're at only 40% of your capacity"...

I pushed myself beyond my limits...

abandoned the wheelchair... I crawled, then I walked .. then I jogged .. now I lift half the weight I used to...

I read about his 4x4x48 principle .. and it stuck with me... I managed my working capacity vs rest time as per his rule.

I saved my business, I thrived, and I started 2 more endeavors.. none at a loss...

He sold me nothing!

Yet he saved me twice!

He was a Navy seal anyway, does this guy need our certificate?

I would have bought his merch if his designs were good! His designs don't sync with what he says.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
557%
Apr 17, 2022
Pain and pleasure are two sides of the same coin.

Both are modulated by the same underlying neurological circuit - the dopamine reward system.

• Pursue difficulty and you will be rewarded with joy.
  • Pursue only pleasure and you will, eventually, lose your willingness to live.

This is not any life philosophy or call to "mental toughness", it's the basic reality of our biology.

We have evolved to endure pain and hardship.

That's how we, a primitive species of apes, went from sticks and stones to conquering the entire planet and shooting F*cking rockets into space.

We are inherently motivated by difficulty.

This is one of our most fundamental psychological needs.

The comfort crisis of the Western world mentioned by @Antifragile and @Kak is a very real thing.

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Aug 26, 2023
Pain and pleasure are two sides of the same coin.

Both are modulated by the same underlying neurological circuit - the dopamine reward system.

• Pursue difficulty and you will be rewarded with joy.
  • Pursue only pleasure and you will, eventually, lose your willingness to live.

This is not any life philosophy or call to "mental toughness", it's the basic reality of our biology.

We have evolved to endure pain and hardship.

That's how we, a primitive species of apes, went from sticks and stones to conquering the entire planet and shooting F*cking rockets into space.

We are inherently motivated by difficulty.

This is one of our most fundamental psychological needs.

The comfort crisis of the Western world mentioned by @Antifragile and @Kak is a very real thing.

A hungry man, with undying hunger, will one day sail to your shore, in a low boat, because the hungry man has lost his mind, and now can defy logic and existing physics! - The Viking!

None of They/Them were harmed in this comment!

Consolation

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Sep 6, 2017
Malaysia
Why Goggins? What makes him special?

His thought process is available online for free. He's not of the type: Buy My Book, I need your money to be a millionaire because that's my only goal, blah blah guru!

He saved my life, twice, without asking for a penny!
You mean you are the free user in his sales funnel? Like Google charges us nothing for cloud storage but premium for more storage?

2020, Covid .. I was in ICU .. a Powerlifter with a boastful pair of legs .. 3 weeks of ICU .. eats muscle so much that I was reduced to a crawler, a wheelchair-bound victim of hospitalization.

The loss in business due to factory shutdown because of lockdown, loss of health due to lockdown, Doctors bewildered .. unable to handle the post-COVID traumas...

Goggins came to my mind... "When your body says stop .. you're at only 40% of your capacity"...

I pushed myself beyond my limits...

abandoned the wheelchair... I crawled, then I walked .. then I jogged .. now I lift half the weight I used to...

I read about his 4x4x48 principle .. and it stuck with me... I managed my working capacity vs rest time as per his rule.

I saved my business, I thrived, and I started 2 more endeavors.. none at a loss...
Sorry if we don't share the same hero.

Congrats for being able to accomplish what most people can't.

Yes. He's great.
Yes. He changed lives.
Yes. He has productocracy.
Yes. He's special.
Yes. [insert anything you want here].

I'm not denying anything what he has done to you.

Once again, I congratulate you with full sincerity. Would be great if you can share your journey.

He was a Navy seal anyway, does this guy need our certificate?
I don''t have a military background. Everything that I'm going to say came from secondary/third sources either through reading or wisdom of the crowd (crowd, in this sense I meant my relatives, friends, people I met).

Let's take this variable(s):

1. Navy SEALs always have book contract, media publicity, got invited for talk shows whenever they retired. Either they are honorably discharged or dishonorably discharged, that seems to be ignored.

2. In contrast with other special forces unit, like Green Berets, MARSOCs or in the U.K like SAS, SBS; you don't hear them much like the Navy SEALs potrayed themselves. They might not like the Navy SEALs, or is it due to professional rivalry?

3. Every special forces enrollment program are designed to break a human being down to its core. Because if you passed it, you have already signed a death certificate. Guess who has the advantage? I will propose that those who have unresolved childhood trauma. There were few notable hardened-catch-me-if-you-can-criminals in my country with special forces background.

4. It's a sad thing and this is a generalization. Former special forces personnels can't function well in society. Only few are able. Promiscious marriage, multiple partners, abusive husbands, petty, sometimes, full-time criminals, etc. I guess there are price needs to be paid. I AM NOT DISRESPECTING ANY VETERANS HERE. What for? I have few relatives and friends joined the army, and even my late grandfather served during communist insurgency in my country.

Considering these variables. Now you know why it's off-putting for me everytime a book was released with the author claiming he was a member of an elite special forces unit? Who knows he might just a loaned cook.

Last edited:

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Aug 26, 2023
You mean you are the free user in his sales funnel? Like Google charges us nothing for cloud storage but premium for more storage?

Sorry if we don't share the same hero.

Congrats for being able to accomplish what most people can't.

Yes. He's great.
Yes. He changed lives.
Yes. He has productocracy.
Yes. He's special.
Yes. [insert anything you want here].

I'm not denying anything what he has done to you.

Once again, I congratulate you with full sincerity. Would be great if you can share your journey.

I don''t have a military background. Everything that I'm going to say came from secondary/third sources either through reading or wisdom of the crowd (crowd, in this sense I meant my relatives, friends, people I met).

Let's take this variable(s):

1. Navy SEALs always have book contract, media publicity, got invited for talk shows whenever they retired. Either they are honorably discharged or dishonorably discharged, that seems to be ignored.

2. In contrast with other special forces unit, like Green Berets, MARSOCs or in the U.K like SAS, SBS; you don't hear them much like the Navy SEALs potrayed themselves. They might not like the Navy SEALs, or is it due to professional rivalry?

3. Every special forces enrollment program are designed to break a human being down to its core. Because if you passed it, you have already signed a death certificate. Guess who has the advantage? I will propose that those who have unresolved childhood trauma. There were few notable hardened-catch-me-if-you-can-criminals in my country with special forces background.

4. It's a sad thing and this is a generalization. Former special forces personnels can't function well in society. Only few are able. Promiscious marriage, multiple partners, abusive husbands, petty, sometimes, full-time criminals, etc. I guess there are price needs to be paid. I AM NOT DISRESPECTING ANY VETERANS HERE. What for? I have few relatives and friends joined the army, and even my late grandfather served during communist insurgency in my country.

Considering these variables. Now you know why it's off-putting for me everytime a book was released with the author claiming he was a member of an elite special forces unit? Who knows he might just a loaned cook.

Don't tell me your hero is Andrew Tate! LOL

EngineerThis

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Nov 26, 2014
Traverse City, MI
You are perfect, but you can always be better, do better, and love better.

This has always been my mantra, but recently I realized how much joy comes from crushing fears and barriers you "Think" are surrounding you. That's all I meant when I created this post :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.