The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just read the MJ's Fastlane Millionaire and its a game changer to me.

Anything related to matters of the mind

Stewa

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 31, 2022
Hello Fastlaners!

I am a 30-year-old Kenyan male with a young family (2 months old child). In the last 2 years I would say I have been in a midlife crisis (which I think is early as its in my late 20s) wondering directions I need to take from now to ensure financial freedom. This has seen me search for relevant books and a week ago, I Came across the most impactful book- The Millionaire Fastlane . I just finished reading this book by MJ DeMarco. it has completely revolutionized my understanding of life, wealth and time. Before I read this book, I was stuck in the conventional lifestyle of trading time for money as a freelance news writers without a real vision of building generational wealth. I feel the scales have fallen off my eyes. I understand the power of creating value and leveraging it on a mass scale to reach financial freedom. As DeMarco says in the book I will read next, I want to “escape the rat race”.

At the beginning of last year I developed an interest in software development but I the issues is that come from a media background. I have completed a BSc in media studies and have zero tech experience. As a committed parent and someone who wants to make a difference,I believe that I am ready to venture outside my comfort zone. I want to get into tech field, focusing on app development to change my circumstances and perhaps contribute to social change in where I reside.

I tried searching for relevant information on programming and coding on platforms like Coursera and Udemy, but there's so much out there that I end up getting confused. Even if thes platforms offers a sea of information I think not everything is structured in a way that helps beginner like me. Sometimes, I feel that the sheer volume of options leads to analysis paralysis and this making it hard to even know where to start.

Given my edu background and the challenges I mentioned, I am looking for pointed advice on the best online courses or resources to take. Sometimes I often myself wondering if its ecommerce website, an app or what I need to focus on. I need something that can guide me from the ground up, especially given the information overload I have experienced. I know that this is a journey that will require a significant investment of time and energy. but am willing to make that commitment.

So if anyone can recommend online courses that range from the very basics of programming to more advanced topics like app development it would be a huge help. Especially if anyone has successfully navigated from a non-tech background to a career in tech, your advice would be invaluable. I am hoping in the next fear years I will come here will valuable insights on new fastlaner on how they can navigate in the tech world with little or no tech education background.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I would recommend starting with the end.

Why do you want to learn programming?

To what end?

I start with an idea and went from there.

I just didn't start to learn something for the sake of learning.

Let your future vision guide your roadmap.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...