The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My problem solving journey

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Amogh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 7, 2022
First of all, this was merely a human gesture. Nothing big or something. But the person told me that i really helped her in solving the problem she's been facing her whole life.
So this was a person who was 2 years my junior in high school (I was 16). She was just an acquaintance. We never even talked too much. I was a leader of my house and she was a member and that's how i knew her. I've never met her after i changed my school. 2 years later, a month ago, we somehow ended up texting each other. And somehow she mentioned to me about some disturbing things she's faced in her past. (Again, you may think why a person would share something like that in the first texting. I did too. Supposedly, she saw that i was a self respecting and a kind person back when i was the leader)
Anyway, the girl, after telling me some things felt she shouldn't have. (Obvious reaction of a person)
What followed was incredible, at least to me. It changed what i thought about myself. What started as a simple conversation which probably didn't seem too big a deal became a friendship that we both will cherish for the rest of our lives and also ended up being the first problem i solved. I'll also share some insights i got.
So, we were texting on WhatsApp. About the person, she told me she has been bullied a lot and was suffering with a lot of inferiority complex. The story is quite dark, just know she tried to commit suicide twice in the past.
Anyway, i didn't know then why she trusted me with all her past trauma but i knew it was important that i help her. I'm not a psychologist or a psychiatrist or anything. But I'm a human. I started helping her with what little i know about thoughts, feelings and emotions.
Firstly, i used to delete all the conversations we used to have daily and send the screenshot to her. Just to make her feel safe enough to trust me. She was into self harm and was suffering from anxiety attacks. I realized she's this way because she doesn't have too many deep relationships where she can share such stuff.
I suggested some ted talks and a yt channel called Sandeep Maheshwari (you mostly won't know it because the medium of communication is not English in his channel) and asked her to watch some specific videos again and again. Slowly and steadily, in 2 weeks she told me she's feeling better.
For one full month, we were just discussing her issues over text and i was giving a perspective, that's all. Nothing else. And the bond we developed in a month is unlike any other. (I haven't even met her after the texting started, even now! Only texting)
Yesterday, i was asking her how she's feeling and she replied that she had a sudden realization about her past and that she forgave herself and everyone who wronged her. Just like that. She told me she's fine now.
The happiness i experienced can't be put in words. Wow, just wow.

Now I'd like to share the key lessons i learnt :
1. Remember i mentioned she had a sudden realization. Was it because of me? No, I merely showed her some things she wasn't seeing, but the realization was hers. She had the answer all along, but it could never come out, because she never discussed with anyone. I understood that we need to talk to people about our thoughts to identify and remove the wrong ones(not everyone, ofc!) It's like bouncing off a ball on a wall and catching it. Why so? The other person has a 3rd person perspective to the situation. It's called Solomon's paradox. The person will look at the situation in an unbiased manner, and notice logical fallacies that one can't notice just like that.
2. The person later mentioned that she was overwhelmed by me helping her because people had always dumped her. I understood that we should never do that. It may take time, but a problem worth solving should be solved, no matter what.
3. You don't need to be an expert. Trust me, I'm not a psychologist or a psychiatrist. But ik some bare minimum about my thoughts, feelings and emotions. (Even I'm a human right?) And more importantly, the videos i suggested her to watch... even i watched them repeatedly to have a deeper understanding of her problem.
4. I used to believe i could never develop a bond like that with anyone, because i could never relate to people. Trust me, things don't work that way. If you're a human being and understand how exactly your mind works, you already know how the mind of humanity works. (I used to think about girls as beings from another planet)
This was my first experience in solving a problem. You have no idea how good I'm feeling because of this. That too, i used to be an aloof person. This literally changed everything i thought was true about myself.
Special mention to @Andy Black sir whose simple philosophy has impacted my thought process a lot
I'd never share this if it wasn't for this post : GOLD! - MINDSET - Save Yourself Years Of Frustration; It Worked For Me!
(Thanks @MustImprove)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Amogh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 7, 2022
First of all, this was merely a human gesture. Nothing big or something. But the person told me that i really helped her in solving the problem she's been facing her whole life.
So this was a person who was 2 years my junior in high school (I was 16). She was just an acquaintance. We never even talked too much. I was a leader of my house and she was a member and that's how i knew her. I've never met her after i changed my school. 2 years later, a month ago, we somehow ended up texting each other. And somehow she mentioned to me about some disturbing things she's faced in her past. (Again, you may think why a person would share something like that in the first texting. I did too. Supposedly, she saw that i was a self respecting and a kind person back when i was the leader)
Anyway, the girl, after telling me some things felt she shouldn't have. (Obvious reaction of a person)
What followed was incredible, at least to me. It changed what i thought about myself. What started as a simple conversation which probably didn't seem too big a deal became a friendship that we both will cherish for the rest of our lives and also ended up being the first problem i solved. I'll also share some insights i got.
So, we were texting on WhatsApp. About the person, she told me she has been bullied a lot and was suffering with a lot of inferiority complex. The story is quite dark, just know she tried to commit suicide twice in the past.
Anyway, i didn't know then why she trusted me with all her past trauma but i knew it was important that i help her. I'm not a psychologist or a psychiatrist or anything. But I'm a human. I started helping her with what little i know about thoughts, feelings and emotions.
Firstly, i used to delete all the conversations we used to have daily and send the screenshot to her. Just to make her feel safe enough to trust me. She was into self harm and was suffering from anxiety attacks. I realized she's this way because she doesn't have too many deep relationships where she can share such stuff.
I suggested some ted talks and a yt channel called Sandeep Maheshwari (you mostly won't know it because the medium of communication is not English in his channel) and asked her to watch some specific videos again and again. Slowly and steadily, in 2 weeks she told me she's feeling better.
For one full month, we were just discussing her issues over text and i was giving a perspective, that's all. Nothing else. And the bond we developed in a month is unlike any other. (I haven't even met her after the texting started, even now! Only texting)
Yesterday, i was asking her how she's feeling and she replied that she had a sudden realization about her past and that she forgave herself and everyone who wronged her. Just like that. She told me she's fine now.

1. Remember i mentioned she had a sudden realization. Was it because of me? No, I merely showed her some things she wasn't seeing, but the realization was hers. She had the answer all along, but it could never come out, because she never discussed with anyone. I understood that we need to talk to people about our thoughts to identify and remove the wrong ones(not everyone, ofc!) It's like bouncing off a ball on a wall and catching it. Why so? The other person has a 3rd person perspective to the situation. It's called Solomon's paradox. The person will look at the situation in an unbiased manner, and notice logical fallacies that one can't notice just like that.
2. The person later mentioned that she was overwhelmed by me helping her because people had always dumped her. I understood that we should never do that. It may take time, but a problem worth solving should be solved, no matter what.
3. You don't need to be an expert. Trust me, I'm not a psychologist or a psychiatrist. But ik some bare minimum about my thoughts, feelings and emotions. (Even I'm a human right?) And more importantly, the videos i suggested her to watch... even i watched them repeatedly to have a deeper understanding of her problem.
4. I used to believe i could never develop a bond like that with anyone, because i could never relate to people. Trust me, things don't work that way. If you're a human being and understand how exactly your mind works, you already know how the mind of humanity works. (I used to think about girls as beings from another planet)
This was my first experience in solving a problem. You have no idea how good I'm feeling because of this. That too, i used to be an aloof person. This literally changed everything i thought was true about myself.
Special mention to @Andy Black sir whose simple philosophy has impacted my thought process a lot
I'd never share this if it wasn't for this post : GOLD! - MINDSET - Save Yourself Years Of Frustration; It Worked For Me!
(Thanks @MustImprove)
Again, all this may seem insignificant in front of the posts you normally see on the forum. But it's really special to me for so many reasons.
Most importantly, i realized solving a problem isn't as difficult as i thought it was. Self doubt vanished in the air. As long as I'm ready to learn the required information, i can solve a problem.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Again, all this may seem insignificant in front of the posts you normally see on the forum. But it's really special to me for so many reasons.
Most importantly, i realized solving a problem isn't as difficult as i thought it was. Self doubt vanished in the air. As long as I'm ready to learn the required information, i can solve a problem.
It's not insignificant. It sounds like you made a positive impact on someone's life, and your own. Well done.

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo

(Thanks @MustImprove)
Awesome man. Question is... Did you smash?

Amogh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 7, 2022
thats awesome! what do you plan on doing now?
I'll let you know. As i said, I'm quite an aloof person. And i don't intend to meet her anytime soon.
Other than that, i really want to solve more problems. Er..sorry, help more people. It's giving me a kick. I'll update you about my next endeavor dw

Awesome man. Question is... Did you smash?
Hey man, i live in India. Trust me, you don't wanna know.

Last edited:

Amogh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 7, 2022
thats awesome! what do you plan on doing now?
I helped clean a playground yesterday. Noticing me, 2 more ppl joined in.
I also bought and gave a water bottle to a person who was literally about to faint (he was on a bike and had stopped to regain himself on the sidewalk, he didn't have water and i was passing by). The person thanked me profusely and the happiness he had can't be expressed in words. (Because he never expected anyone to show that gesture)
Again, I'm not getting paid for doing all this, but I've learned that aking small actions which are meaningful is way better than thinking big and not taking action.
The plan is that eventually i may discover an opportunity for myself where i can also get paid while helping people.

Last edited:

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
I helped clean a playground yesterday. Noticing me, 2 more ppl joined in.
I also bought and gave a water bottle to a person who was literally about to faint (he was on a bike and had stopped to regain himself on the sidewalk, he didn't have water and i was passing by). The person thanked me profusely and the happiness he had can't be expressed in words. (Because he never expected anyone to show that gesture)
Again, I'm not getting paid for doing all this, but I've learned that aking small actions which are meaningful is way better than thinking big and not taking action.
The plan is that eventually i may discover an opportunity for myself where i can also get paid while helping people.
good shit ima start doing this and create a thread

Amogh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 7, 2022
good shit ima start doing this and create a thread
I'm glad, my friend. But as I've told you, this is just a launchpad for the future vision. (All these days, i was thinking big and not doing anything, but thanks to Andy sir's advice, i started doing this) The vision is to create businesses that'll help more people even in our absence (that is, independent of us)
I've also started interviewing shopkeepers about the problems they face, so that i can start working on them.

Amogh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 7, 2022
Here's my today's experience of interviewing shopkeepers.
I've met very different people today.
I approached them under the context of a college project and told them I'd been asked to solve any specific problems that shopkeepers may have.
One local mobile repair and retail person told me he wanted me to reverse the process of businesses going online as it was affecting him.
One person does seem to have a genuine problem but asked me to come tomorrow.
Another person, a provision store guy told me he works long hours and wants to free himself but his profits don't allow him to delegate the work.
Another person, this one's my favorite, got offended when i referred to him as 'uncle', but dropped a truth bomb. This person made me realize the true power a good brand bestows on its owner. I just went in, thinking it was a normal bakery and told him what i had to say. He told me something which i don't think i can forget anytime soon, "We're a factory, we can solve our problems by ourselves. We don't need you to help us". (For the record, i visited their site and it is a true success. In 4 years, they've succeeded in establishing a brand)
There were people who courteously told me they didn't face any problems.
There were some who got offended when i asked them.
On the whole, this was quite different from what I'd expected it to be.

It isn't about what you have to offer the market, it's about whether the market wants it or not. I understood this practically today.

What now? Read the commandment of need again. LOL.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
One local mobile repair and retail person told me he wanted me to reverse the process of businesses going online as it was affecting him.
In other words he practically begged you for help and you have missed it.

Dan

Amogh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 7, 2022
In other words he practically begged you for help and you have missed it.

Dan
I was thinking about it yesterday actually. I could help him get his business online. I could also help him with targeted digital marketing.
Thank you for the response, sir.

Amogh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 7, 2022
That’s sweet. You really are a nice guy. She actually told me all about how nice you were last night when she was at my place showing me all sorts of human gestures.
That escalated quickly

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.