The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
And yet, people continue to give this guy money and grow his interests while he lectures you about your gas guzzling Toyota Camry.

1715017432350.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kavin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Jul 28, 2023
Dubai
And yet, people continue to give this guy money and grow his interests while he lectures you about your gas guzzling Toyota Camry.

View attachment 55807
I feel like one way to solve this will be carbon tax and maybe they should have like brackets like a person has limit how much they can pollute over a year and as the person emissions increase of the so does how much money he pays per co2 generated and the funds collected should be allocated to a separate organization which then manages these funds and allocate them to programs of for example decreasing co2 emissions using carbon capture technologies ,planting more tress, conserving ecosystem , etc.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I feel like one way to solve this will be carbon tax and maybe they should have like brackets like a person has limit how much they can pollute over a year and as the person emissions increase of the so does how much money he pays per co2 generated and the funds collected should be allocated to a separate organization which then manages these funds and allocate them to programs of for example decreasing co2 emissions using carbon capture technologies ,planting more tress, conserving ecosystem , etc.
it’s exactly what they want

more taxes, more rules

Tax poor people just for living

If there’s a tax or fine for Zuk to do something it’s pocket change he can still do it

This climate change shit isn’t real that’s the real point here

There should be no taxes restrictions or even discussion on it because it’s just not real

Every tax always starts out being rich people only so people support it and then goes to everyone else like originally intended

The solution to every manufactured fake crisis is always more taxes and more govt control, don’t fall for it

You really think paying more taxes can change the weather? It’s the best scam in history because there’s no end to it

Last edited:

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA

Mankind is so doomed. :rofl:

But yeah, we’re drifting away into enlightenment and progress.

Tax poor people just for living

I believe the same thing too. It’s like universal basic income. The elites just laugh and say “fine with us”. We will just get richer off the inflation. Even if they find a way to tax the rich through corporate taxes, we all just pay for it in higher prices.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I'm not heavy into video games, but when Helldivers 2 kept showing up on my YouTube feed....I decided to take a closer look. A great case study on a productocracy in the gaming industry:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrNzaCv76Ng

This YouTuber does a good job on laying out how the studio behind Helldivers basically created value skews out of what Call of Duty Activision money-grabbers were ignoring.

Microtransactions for FOMO-driven skins and stuff? Helldivers only charges for in-game currency...and their cheapest pack is $20 currently. And that game is actually CHEAPER than one of CoD's most premium in-game packs.

Player vs player turning the whole community toxic? Helldivers simply said 'we are fighting for the same side!' and drew up entire campaigns for EVERYONE to fight for together...be it capturing planets, killing 2 billion bugs, etc. For every player win, it actually contributed to the overall campaign as a whole.

Of course if the players kept fudging stuff up...then you get sad Malevolen Creek memes coming in.

Tired of mind-numbing point-and-shoot gameplay? Helldivers starts off every map by putting you in a gunship, where you can see your fellow divers actually launching from their ships. Which gives you a sense of purpose that you are in an actual war for humanity's survival. And that's just one element of their immersion experiences...

If it were not for my Fastlane grinds...I myself might actually buy and play the game.
Just as it all seems perfect, Sony suddenly slaps down a requirement for all players to connect to PlayStation Network.

177 countries that didn't have PSN service got the game pulled.

The response was...fierce.

Although the PSN linking seems to be standard- and the gamemakers did waive it at launch to tackle server issues...
I'm just wondering why they REALLY had to make it harder for folks to access the game itself...

But at least they listened to the feedback?

Because here at home, somebody didn't.

With KFC's fried chickens looking like they've been on a diet year after year plus blind boycotts over Middle East issues (no idea why), outlets started reporting losses and shutting down. And few local fried chicken outlets started mushrooming to fill in the gaps.

One of them tried to corner the market for Muslims. Fair enough.

Unfortunately this happened on their social media page:
Target customer: Your fried chicken is too expensive. Even more than KFC's.

Their PR guy handling the comments section:
(Goes on a rant on how other races are F*cking up the place)

:bored::wideyed::happy:o_O

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
351%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Maybe a little controversial - but something that I feel has helped solidify entrepreneurship for me is literally making it a religious pursuit.

I like Rabbi Daniel Lapin's book thou shall prosper which helps really tone in this mindset.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
entrepreneurship for me is literally making it a religious pursuit.

After doing it for 30 years, it does feel like it, but really the opposite.

For me, it feels like everyone else has been blinded by a pervasive, omnipresent religion.

And you're just not part of it.

But then again, I live in Utah and am not LDS/Mormon. And I'm vegan. So, living an outlier life immune from traditions is completely normal and expected for me ... and the results of that outlier philosophy have been spectacular.

As I like to say, if you want to live like the 1%, do 1% things.

1% things rarely involve cultural normalities.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I bought a brand new car a few months ago. My plan is to gift my old car to someone who needs a car. Preferably a college student or a single mom.

I ordered the parts off RockAuto and did some preventive maintenance so it can be extra reliable.

The work I did on the car probably would of cost around $5k at an auto repair shop.

I look back 10 years ago and I was just some depressed schmuck with brain fog who couldn’t change a tire or afford auto repair shops.

I taught myself auto repair and diagnostics all through YouTube channels like ChrisFix and ScottyKilmer.

I went from a $15 scan tool and $60 mechanics tool set I bought at Walmart to a $5k Autel scanner and Milwaukee power tools.

The process is very similar to teaching yourself stuff like computer science, physics or anything else. You start off as a complete know-nothing and you persist until you are a self-created expert.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Here is something I learned the other day, that I thought that I would share:

Whatever you want, there is already someone out there that wants to give it to you.

The question is not,

How can I get what I want?

but

How can I give them what they want?

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
I think you guys would get some value from this resource it's called Wallstreetprep.com look at the free content section. Good read.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
To everyone who has been laid off from their jobs:

You'll be alright.

People tend to personalize layoffs and start letting the negative, self-referencing thoughts run rampant. This is not the way to go. Those thoughts tell you lies to make you feel better about a negative thing that happened to you. They try to rationalize something that wasn't in your control in the first place. Don't let it. Know that they're lies, and that you are good enough.

Think about it: if a bird builds a nest in a tree, then the tree gets chopped down, does the bird give up on life? No, the bird flies somewhere else to build a new nest. The bird will keep looking for trees until it finds one, or dies. In the meantime, it will survive by finding whatever worms or seeds it can.

The bird doesn't sit there, scrolling social media, looking at all the bad things happening in the world and assume that everything is bad for everyone and therefore it's not worth trying. The bird doesn't look for someone to blame for his problems.

A lay off is an opportunity. Your time has been opened up and your expertise can be put to better use. Go find that better use! You'll thank yourself later, and you'll thank your old company for giving you the boot. I certainly did.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Here's a fun test on how well you can read what the person is feeling or thinking just based on their facial cues:

View attachment 55796

I scored 30/36 which is in the average range between 22-30. My girlfriend got 26. Above 30 you're good at reading faces, below 22 you're struggling.
I scored 29. I am naturally not observant but guess years of face or face sales trained me well.

I always got the “interested” wrong because if a prospect is interested they should be looking at what I am presenting in a highly focused manner but not looking at me.

There should be another category called “bullshitting” or “evasive”. That will pump up my score.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Here's a fun test on how well you can read what the person is feeling or thinking just based on their facial cues:

View attachment 55796

I scored 30/36 which is in the average range between 22-30. My girlfriend got 26. Above 30 you're good at reading faces, below 22 you're struggling.

I also got 30/36. I thought I was bad at reading facial cues, but I'm just as good at it as anyone. What I found fascinating is that I couldn't verbalize why I thought the way I thought about their facial expressions. Thinking about it didn't help, and I also got impatient, so I just started guessing the first word that "felt right". So clearly the recognition is quite deep.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.