The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Returning to the slowlane

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
Hey guys,

I will be returning to the slowlane soon. The salary I will be getting sounds incredible compared to what I've been earning, a "high salary" is dangerous to any fastlane goals. Can already see how easy it is to fall into the mindset of being comfortable and settling. The piece of mind will be amazing though and could possibly make things easier when it comes to implementing my ideas. Will see how I feel a few months from now!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Honestly, some people aren't cut out for the Fastlane. You, OP, might be one of em.

If you aren't cut out for the Fastlane, don't feel bad. Maybe it's not the right move you this stage in your life.

Your typical successful entrepreneur isn't in their 20s, or even their 30s, but in their 40s. (There's a source on this, it's somewhere on the forum)

Work your job and see how you like it. You might come running back here saying that you're sick of the job. We've had plenty of people give up 6 figure salaries to go into the Fastlane. They just didn't consider the idea until it hurt too much.

Maybe that's you, too.

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
Hey guys,

I will be returning to the slowlane soon. The salary I will be getting sounds incredible compared to what I've been earning, a "high salary" is dangerous to any fastlane goals. Can already see how easy it is to fall into the mindset of being comfortable and settling. The piece of mind will be amazing though and could possibly make things easier when it comes to implementing my ideas. Will see how I feel a few months from now!

What is the slowlane, OP?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

LynnD5000

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Aug 22, 2015
Idaho
Hey guys,

That high salary is worth taking! - One thing you can do while you are there is look at where you work from the eye of the producer - If they are doing well enough to pay a high salary and you can figure out a way to do it better - use the proceeds from the high salary to move back into the fastlane with you at the helm - It doesn't matter how much you make in a job its the "cash flow you keep" that makes the difference....Good Luck - L

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
Hey guys,

“The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates, and a monthly salary.” - Nissam Taleb

I highly recommend So Good They Can't Ignore You and The Rich Employee as antidotes. As mentioned, the fastlane is not for everyone. That doesn't mean you can't excel while in the slowlane, which could eventually lead you back to fastlane.

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
Read the book.

What I asked was:

"What is the slowlane, OP?"

Not,

"What is the slowlane, Delmania?"

I want to get to know OP's definition of the slowlane because even though you cook burgers, I really don't care. Awaiting OP's response.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
What I asked was:

"What is the slowlane, OP?"

Not,

"What is the slowlane, Delmania?"

I want to get to know OP's definition of the slowlane because even though you cook burgers, I really don't care. Awaiting OP's response.
I think you're stupid.

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
I think you're stupid.
Just to elaborate I simply want to know what OP considers slowlane. Is it that he is taking up a 9-5 job at a local accounting firm? Is he going back to managing a McD's in some city? Maybe the idea isn't slowlane at all because he's able to articulate ideas while he's working. As long as he's taking action everyday and not settling, it's not slowlane. What scares me is the sentence

"Can already see how easy it is to fall into the mindset of being comfortable and settling"

Just make sure to do one new thing everyday. It's the easiest way to not settle. Keep a log.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Moved to [HASHTAG]#landfill[/HASHTAG] -- [HASHTAG]#Noise[/HASHTAG].

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.