The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

So after wading through 3 years of almost worthless shit.

Anything related to investing, including crypto

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I am finally approaching my senior year at Baylor, I am going to graduate with a BBA in entrepreneurship. Im looking at electives THAT WILL ACTUALLY MATTER!!! No more be a good employee and work for a good company training. I want to start the good F'ing company.

Elective one:
3301 Personal Finance
Prerequisite(s): A minimum grade of C in ACC 2303. (This course will not count for the B.A. in
Business or B.B.A. degrees if taken concurrently with, or after completing BUS 3302 or FSP 3367.)
A study of personal fi nancial decisions that individual must make in today’s world. Topics
include budgeting and household liquidity; personal income taxes; charge accounts, credit cards,
and consumer loans; personal insurance including life, health and disability, homeowners, and auto;
investments including stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and tangible assets; buying and fi nancing homes,
automobiles, and other consumer durables; and wills, trusts, and estate planning.

Elective 2:
4365 Investment Analysis
Prerequisite(s): A minimum grade of C in FIN 3310; not open to pre-business students.
Investment decision making with emphasis on stocks, bonds, and portfolio management.
Major topics include portfolio theory and the measurement of risk, performance evaluation, the
effi cient markets hypothesis, valuation of securities, and portfolio composition in relation to investor
objectives. Other topics may include the functioning of the securities markets, securities law and
regulations, and an introduction to derivative securities.

Elective 3:
4366 Options, Futures, and Other Derivatives
Prerequisite(s): A minimum grade of C in FIN 3310; not open to pre-business students.
This course covers derivative securities such as futures, forwards, swaps and options. Such
securities are referred to as derivatives because their values depend upon the values of other assets.
This course presents a conceptual framework for understanding how to price derivatives and design
risk management strategies.

I think that when I make a decent sum of money, I will "retire" to become a great investor for myself. These are hard classes. The average final average for all 3 of these is under 65% and most of the people taking these are finance majors. I will have a one finance class background prior to the fall semester where I will be taking all 3 at once. WISH ME LUCK at the first truly useful class load I have taken yet.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZDS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 2, 2008
*waves from down in Austin!*

Good luck!

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Load up on the harder schedule and you will find that your focus and drive will increase. Your grades will actually go up. Things will begin to overlap and it will all begin to weave together. You may not go out as much, you may not see your buddies as much......but as a SR, you are in your last big push for focused knowledge. Make it count.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.