The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Foundation Dude

Fendaril

Contributor
Sep 7, 2015
You so popular :cool:

All work leads to success eventually (6 months - 1 year - 2 years - 5 years - 10 years -15 years even 20 yars)

Depends on free time you have to dedicate, your knowledge, your beliefs, your commitment and what are you trying to accomplish.

All the information is out there.

Yeah but somewhere in the world is a poor kid in some country working hard for success and getting rewarded with poverty.

This topic of success is getting me emotional.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sija1

Turning Coffee Into Code
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Jun 20, 2015
Quebec, Canada
Yeah but somewhere in the world is a poor kid in some country working hard for success and getting rewarded with poverty.

This topic of success is getting me emotional.

I still didn't mention it on this forum, but my first "business venture" was when I was like 10-12 years old. Me and my friends at the time would go out next to this beautiful river. We even had a small plastic register with some cash in it. We brought some of our toys, made a stand with some boxes to display our toys, and picked the most delicious apples (had a whole box of em). We stayed there for like 12 hours, making shifts to go home to eat and we did that for 3 days straight. We didn't earn much and we had no experience and it was all just for fun. I did some illegal stuff when I was 16. I was selling gold and books when I was 17. Tried an MLM when I was 23. Am I rich? No. Do I say hard work didn't bring me success? Yes. But I also say I could have worked harder and smarter. Harder meaning as everyday and smarter meaning picking carefully what I should do (MLM LOOOOOOOLLLL).

Am I saying it will not lead to success? No. When it will lead to success? I don't know, but I know it will.

Emotions and business, emotions and leadership, emotions and work don't go together because emotions are not rational, they are unstable and they make you take action in the wrong direction or decisions you regret later. The more you control your emotions, the more you control yourself. The more you control yourself, your chances are better at everything.

Last edited:

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
I think the foundation style of finding a need, getting lots of money in advance to build the product is a dream.

1. You should be the domain expert in what pain you want solved.

2. Taking money to build the software is risky as hell and a huge liability, also extremely difficult.

Better that you look for pain in your industry and tour domain. E.g. You work as a mechanic, so build a mechanic SaaS

You don't even need money for this asking as you can find a technical co founder.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
You know,
Not trying to sob, but just stating the non-sexy truth for me and many people trying to 'make it'.

What have you actually done. Detail your track record of work.

Fendaril

Contributor
Sep 7, 2015
What have you actually done. Detail your track record of work.

Well aren't you the hotshot.

Tell me, do you make $90,000 a month?

Do you even make $5,000 a month?

Do you have any other major source of income besides your job?

If so, I think you should be the last one telling me to prove myself.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

His track record isn't the issue, it's yours. What have you actually done? Please detail your track record of work instead of deflecting the argument to an unrelated attack. This thread is occupying space on this forum and if you're going to jump into this community starting these types of threads, expect to be challenged.

To be honest it sounds like you're not interested in getting to the heart of your problem, but more interested in the affirming the bull-shit narrative you've sold yourself.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Moved to [HASHTAG]#Landfill[/HASHTAG]

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

Tell me, do you make $90,000 a month?

Do you even make $5,000 a month?

Do you have any other major source of income besides your job?

If so, I think you should be the last one telling me to prove myself.

You don't want advice of someone who makes $90k a month?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.