The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Vegan / Vegetarians Only (Chat about lifestyle, opportunities, food, whatever...)

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
My brother always says that eating soy is worse for the climate than eating meat...

Man doesn't believe me when I say that like 90% of planted soy is consumed by farm animals and not by the "evil vegans who cut down the forest".

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

REV5028

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Oct 29, 2022
New Mexico
I'm at a keynote presentation about water concerns in New Mexico. Every minute that goes by that they don't address animal farming and consumption as a huge driver for all of these problems, my blood boils another degree hotter. Just needed to vent to a group of reasonable people.
I ended up participating in the group conversation afterwards and then some one-on-one discussion with leaders of the group. I feel a bit better about how things behind the scenes seem to be developing. I'm now also likely going to be working with the local advocacy group to put together newsletters and presentations geared towards educating and empowering individuals.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
Kind of rant:
One guy I met from my town in Argentina, vegan for many years, said to me that before changing his diet, he had psoriasis and that he cured himself by making the change in eating.

Do any of you have alergies ? Have you seen any change since eating just plants ?

I see so many people alergic and they just acept it as like that is life. Even heard comments like "yeah I just hope the season past fast!", like the spring is the most beautiful season and you are hoping for it's end.

REV5028

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Oct 29, 2022
New Mexico
Kind of rant:
One guy I met from my town in Argentina, vegan for many years, said to me that before changing his diet, he had psoriasis and that he cured himself by making the change in eating.

Do any of you have alergies ? Have you seen any change since eating just plants ?

I see so many people alergic and they just acept it as like that is life. Even heard comments like "yeah I just hope the season past fast!", like the spring is the most beautiful season and you are hoping for it's end.
I don't have issues with allergies unless I'm eating a lot of processed stuff and not exercising regularly.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
386%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
I have a lot less inflammation from eating less dairy. I get acne flare-ups if I get spiked with diary in my food, so I'm sure that there's something in that.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I have a lot less inflammation from eating less dairy.

Was watching the NBA playoffs last night.

The announcer started talking about Mike Conley, Minnesota's "old" point guard. Conley said in Year 12 of his professional career as an NBA basketball player making MILLIONS, his body gave out and he could no longer endure the grind, unless something changed.

He eliminated red meat, dairy, and went pescatarian (plant-based with occasional fish) -- he's now in Year 17 of his career and leading a team to a world championship.

That extra 5 years on Mike Conley's career? Probably made him an extra $20,000,000. This is just one story of many from pro athletes who have extended their career through dietary changes, with hard, monetary results.

Or, you can listen to that 23 year old carnivore-bro living in his parent's basement whose ignorance won't have $20,000,000 in opportunity cost, and heart disease 25 years later.

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Gotta say, I love listening to Hamza and his content is what saved me from mediocrity but his constant shilling of "Men eat meat" and him claiming that only eating red meat is the key to health really makes me roll my eyes.

Imagine where he could be if he stopped ignoring eating advice because it comes from "the evil fat doctors" and "left propaganda to make us all femboys".

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
386%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Imagine where he could be if he stopped ignoring eating advice because it comes from "the evil fat doctors" and "left propaganda to make us all femboys".
Script speak is in many places, including leaders, friends, family, and ourselves. People's jaws dropped when they found out I'm vegan. I have muscles that can outrun them, literally. The image of a stereotypical soy boy doesn't match up. Hamza does good work, but he has a lot of values he needs to nail down himself.

I've had quite a lot of conversations with people about veganism and it does surprise me the amount of mental gymnastics people do. I'll make a valid argument and then have another question thrown at me. I only hope that asking these questions makes them second-guess their choices, wether that be tonight or five years from now. We all can change.

cornishpasty

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Mar 14, 2023
Cornwall, UK
What is your guys’ opinion of Anthony Chaffee? Perhaps you’ve already spoken about him.

For reference I spent majority of my childhood and teens eating processed meat, was plant based for 3 years but now in the last 4 years I haven’t had any specific dietary restrictions other than avoiding processed foods, so I eat meat dairy etc.

In my opinion I perform and feel better with this more varied diet but I will caveat that by saying that I did not pay as much attention to nutrition when eating vegan, so it’s not a totally fair comparison.

I wouldn't say I’m considering the carnivore diet but some of Chaffee’s findings are definitely interesting regarding fats, cholesterol, amino acids and supposed “plant toxicity”

When trying to verify Chaffee as a source of information I’ve only been able to read opinions of him within the carnivore echo chamber, so it’s very biased. Wondered if you guys on the opposite side of his beliefs had some opinions / arguments?

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
What is your guys’ opinion of Anthony Chaffee? Perhaps you’ve already spoken about him.

For reference I spent majority of my childhood and teens eating processed meat, was plant based for 3 years but now in the last 4 years I haven’t had any specific dietary restrictions other than avoiding processed foods, so I eat meat dairy etc.

In my opinion I perform and feel better with this more varied diet but I will caveat that by saying that I did not pay as much attention to nutrition when eating vegan, so it’s not a totally fair comparison.

I wouldn't say I’m considering the carnivore diet but some of Chaffee’s findings are definitely interesting regarding fats, cholesterol, amino acids and supposed “plant toxicity”

When trying to verify Chaffee as a source of information I’ve only been able to read opinions of him within the carnivore echo chamber, so it’s very biased. Wondered if you guys on the opposite side of his beliefs had some opinions / arguments?
Plants want to be eaten so you poop out the seeds at another place for then to reproduce.

They have no reason to be slightly toxic. I know the argument of "plants defend themselves with toxins and meat defends itself with tusks" but it's not true.

Also, even if carnivore was healthy, could you kill 2 chickens a day and a cow a week ? I can't and I won't pay someone else to do so.

I'll say this, keto has helped me avoid the afternoon crash in the past but doing plant based keto seems a little unreasonable, hence I haven't tried it in a while.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina

Perhaps this video can give you another perspective:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L99HJzseQtc&t=1074s

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!