The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What do you do to motivate yourself?

Anything related to matters of the mind

MsMoney

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jul 1, 2008
Valencia, CA
Hi Everyone. I'm at a point where I believe I am doing EVERYTHING I can think of to increase my income, and NOTHING is coming to fruition! Part of my issue is I haven't been paid in months & months and I'm working my a$$ off (thank God! LOL!!!)

I have mutliple deals in the works (in various areas of Real Estate)....

1. Actual Real Estate Transactions (I only have 6 in escrow right now)...but for various reasons they aren't closing or are postponed, etc...By end of the weekend I will have at least 2 more going into escrow.

2. Bulk REO deals (I have at least 5 packages working at the moment)....tape has been sent to the buyer on 2 of them, the other 3 are still in the "works"...for various reasons, postponement again...

3. Short Sale Processing....I am working on at least 30+ properties that are in various states....several should have closed at least 2 or 3 weeks ago and haven't...again, postponement for stupid various reasons...

4. My Business (Real Estate Transaction Management) - Paper Peddlers Inc. - is barely breathing right now in the market...check out my site at www.paperpeddlersinc.com I am meeting a new client for my company next week who will be giving us approx 40+ deals a month....I have people that I outsource this business to...I just oversee it right now. My ultimate goal, in time, is to figure out a way to market it and possibly franchise it as a homebased business to others. It is a great way for stay at home Mom's to make extra income, etc...

I am at a point where I am asking myself, "what am I putting out there?"....am I putting out to the Universe the wrong thing (I don't think so, overall I'm a very positive person and believe in myself)...

My area of expertise is almost all types of Real Estate, but I am constantly learning new avenues. It is my passion and it excites me to no end. I love helping people get their dream homes, and also enjoy educating new investors and/or helping savvy ones get great deals! I also LOVE getting great HUGE deals for my BULK REO investors...the better rate I can get them, the better I feel.

Am I doing something wrong? I read about many of you doing alot of the ecommerce stuff, and I really consider looking into that more...It fascinates me. My Dad was a programmer back when the computer was a freak of nature (early 70's). I don't know if I need to do something different.

Do any of you ever feel like you are destined to do great things. Not out of ego or greed, but just because you have it in you and you FEEL IT? I am wondering where I'm supposed to land and really feel blessed to be able to put my "fears" & concerns in writing with the knowledge that I will be given some wonderful guidance.

Anything you can do to assist/guide me....I would really appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Hmm...

Well, first of all, you have picked your area - and it sounds like an area you are good at and an area you really enjoy. That is 1/2 the battle!

Now.... to stay focused on that while it has time to materialize for you. Read the One Trick Pony.

I have found that for me, the great breakthroughs often come on the heels of feeling like giving up. It seems like things get really tough just before they get better.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Wow MsMoney you have more irons in the fire than I have irons at all. I am impressed. How do you keep it all straight in your head? With all that action going on I am certain your rewards will come your way shortly. One Trick Pony that ATW suggested is a great thread. Good luck and hang tough.:icon_super:

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Hmm...

Well, first of all, you have picked your area - and it sounds like an area you are good at and an area you really enjoy. That is 1/2 the battle!

Now.... to stay focused on that while it has time to materialize for you. Read the One Trick Pony.

I have found that for me, the great breakthroughs often come on the heels of feeling like giving up. It seems like things get really tough just before they get better.
Sounds like her a quote in her sig...
"Sometimes, the most brilliant sunshine follows the darkest rain"

australianinvestor

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Aug 4, 2007
Australia
Do any of you ever feel like you are destined to do great things. Not out of ego or greed, but just because you have it in you and you FEEL IT?

Yes! Definitely! I have phenomenal things to do, and I'm in a unique position to be able do these particular things. It's a blessing and a curse. I have a need built into my DNA to do this, but it often creates profound frustration when my progress is slow or negative, and tremendous pressure when I consider how few people in the world are not only inclined, but able to do what I propose to do.

Nevertheless, I'd rather a lifetime of hardship and frustration in pursuing something great, than a life of mediocrity and emptiness, however easy and "fun".

Keep it up! Just remember that business and money are mostly just means to an end.

Daniel.

MsMoney

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jul 1, 2008
Valencia, CA
Thank you everyone for your feedback....ATW...I read One Trick Pony and I understand what he's saying (and you!)....that I need to focus on one thing right now....rep++

It's funny, because I feel like I have so many hours in the day and want to squeeze as much time in to working as I can....I really enjoy it.

I appreciate all the encouragement & support. I hope to be a "success story" soon enough. In some ways, I believe I already am! I figure I can sleep when I'm dead! LOL!!

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Spend your energy figuring out how to do what you are doing.... better! (rather than starting a new project in a TOTALLY DIFFERENT area.)

Real Estate is tough - - it is a long time between pay days, and there often are delays....

It hasn't closed until you have check in hand! lol.

MsMoney

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jul 1, 2008
Valencia, CA
Amen to that ATW!

Overall, money wise...I'm o.k.....but I've created a plan for myself and am not afraid to put in the hours.....

I was working all day today and have 1 offer submitted (& verbally accepted), and am currently negotiating 2 more offers...so by the end of the weekend I should be ahead by 1! (my goal was just 2 new deals)...

I was talking to a dear friend and business partner on Friday night and I realized EXACTLY what you are saying....I need to put my nose to the grindstone and continue to move forward. In talking further with her, we both agreed that we want to focus more on investors than anything else. I enjoy people that understand numbers....they don't allow their emotions to interfere with purchasing a home...it's either a good deal or it's not. Bottom line.

I don't like listening to "nay sayers"...I understand that it is a tough market right now, but it is also an AWESOME one! The deals I'm getting for these people are GREAT! I LOVE IT!!

Thanks, again, for all your support!

I also really appreciate what JScott had to say too! I needed encouragement as sometimes it is wearing to always encourage yourself....you know, when you are in the trenches it can be rough! LOL!

Anyways, I hope to be able to help all of you in anyway I can too! Thank you!!

GoldenEggs

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Sep 4, 2007
Silicon Valley, CA
Don't beat yourself up, stay focused and positive, and know that as long as your pushing forward, you'll eventually get some momentum. My guess is that you'll be back here in a couple weeks telling us that you have too many deals closing at once, and you can't keep up with them all! :)

I don't remember if I shared this before but my husband and I host Cash Flow games. We were in a rough spot with our investors on our current deal and the last thing my husband wanted to do was host the game that evening. A couple played and the first deal the husband picked was a Big Deal for a shopping mall. The wife thought he was nuts. Anyways, the guy realized his shopping mall was costing him money so he decided to do some Small Deals to try and get a couple of houses. Eventhough he was negative, he still pursued other deals and he was able to pay off the loan for the shopping mall.

If the guy had just waited to collect his paychecks and hope that a card to buy the shopping mall came up, he would have gone bankrupt. Instead, he kept moving forward.

I think back to that game when I start getting overwhelmed and "missing" the "stability" of a paycheck.

MsMoney

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jul 1, 2008
Valencia, CA
I don't remember if I shared this before but my husband and I host Cash Flow games. We were in a rough spot with our investors on our current deal and the last thing my husband wanted to do was host the game that evening. A couple played and the first deal the husband picked was a Big Deal for a shopping mall. The wife thought he was nuts. Anyways, the guy realized his shopping mall was costing him money so he decided to do some Small Deals to try and get a couple of houses. Eventhough he was negative, he still pursued other deals and he was able to pay off the loan for the shopping mall.

If the guy had just waited to collect his paychecks and hope that a card to buy the shopping mall came up, he would have gone bankrupt. Instead, he kept moving forward.

I think back to that game when I start getting overwhelmed and "missing" the "stability" of a paycheck.

OMG! You are soooooo right, Golden Eggs!

I played that game so much and was almost always the winner....yet, what I am doing or not doing in REAL life?? Hmmmmm, you've given me much to think about! rep ++

Thank you!! :thankyousign:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.