The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is the best way to learn web development

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

matt1393

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
May 17, 2023
I have been through many YouTube courses on html and CSS I am going to start learning Js. How much js is needed for web dev also how long did it take you to get your first paying customer ?

-Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
I have been through many YouTube courses on html and CSS I am going to start learning Js. How much js is needed for web dev also how long did it take you to get your first paying customer ?

-Thanks
Jump In, get web hosting from a provider, install WordPress, Find a theme, and tinker.

I use BeBuilder and hostgator. Find friends, family, colleagues, business owners you are familiar with and do a free portfolio project or create your own project.

Less than ~$100 dollars.

1. BeBuilder License: $69 dollars
2. Email: $0 -> Gmail, can use Thundbird and create you an email signature
3. Phone: $0 -> Google Voice
4. Hosting: $12.95/month
5. Domain: $11 per year
6. CMS: $0 -> WordPress
7. CRM: $0 -> Hubspot or OnePageCRM for $15 dollars.
8. Finding Leads -> Businesses around you, searching on Google, Searching on Nextdoor, Facebook, LinkedIn

Resources:
1. YouTube
2. Udemy -> Cheap, but awesome courses :)
3. Books on Selling: Fanatical Prospecting by Jeb Blount, The Introverts Edge to Selling by Matthew Poland.

Outreach:
1. Phone Calling -> Best tool to use. I made 23 Calls, got one appointment and another wanted more information.
2. Email
3. In-person prospecting -> meeting people and free network meetups or use Alignable. Get to know more people, don’t sell right off the bat.

matt1393

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
May 17, 2023
Jump In, get web hosting from a provider, install WordPress, Find a theme, and tinker.

I use BeBuilder and hostgator. Find friends, family, colleagues, business owners you are familiar with and do a free portfolio project or create your own project.

Less than ~$100 dollars.

1. BeBuilder License: $69 dollars
2. Email: $0 -> Gmail, can use Thundbird and create you an email signature
3. Phone: $0 -> Google Voice
4. Hosting: $12.95/month
5. Domain: $11 per year
6. CMS: $0 -> WordPress
7. CRM: $0 -> Hubspot or OnePageCRM for $15 dollars.
8. Finding Leads -> Businesses around you, searching on Google, Searching on Nextdoor, Facebook, LinkedIn

Resources:
1. YouTube
2. Udemy -> Cheap, but awesome courses :)
3. Books on Selling: Fanatical Prospecting by Jeb Blount, The Introverts Edge to Selling by Matthew Poland.

Outreach:
1. Phone Calling -> Best tool to use. I made 23 Calls, got one appointment and another wanted more information.
2. Email
3. In-person prospecting -> meeting people and free network meetups or use Alignable. Get to know more people, don’t sell right off the bat.
thanks for the advice however i do have two questions
in using programs like BeBuilder is there no Html CSS or Js involved

also how long did it take you to start selling websites

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
thanks for the advice however i do have two questions
in using programs like BeBuilder is there no Html CSS or Js involved

also how long did it take you to start selling websites
It's a process, I am still learning how to sell myself actually, as I am interacting with the market networking with others, calling people, emailing people. Selling isn't my strong suit as of this moment. I have the technical capacity to build the website, the selling or introducing myself to people is not. Also I found myself not being consistent. You can't just sell or meet people one week or 7 Days. It has to be an ongoing basis.

I had potential projects for deals around $1,500 to $3,500. I use to assume that businesses want sales, but that's not how it should be. You need to have actual conversations and figure out what matters to them most. So each business will have different problems, but yet their product or service stays the same. it's the problems around those. I don't want to spoil too much as @Fox's course does such a fine job at teaching you these business skills. Not every person will be a good fit for a portfolio piece or a client.

You can still learn HTML and CSS. You can also use HTML themes and find them on Themeforest.net. The Technology does not matter, the problems your solve matter much more.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.