The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Working on web design...

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

AppleTree

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jun 27, 2023
Alright, I figured that making this thread will probably keep me on track and actually get going.

I bought Rob's course a while back but never got around to it(or attempted but didn't go through). Ultimately, it was because I didn't have a strong WANT or reason to follow through with the program, reach out to clients, do the design, etc. It's always been something that's good when I'm imagining it, but not good when I have to actually execute.

Anyways I've found a concrete reason to earn money and I want to do so via web design. This thread will be a track of progress. I currently have no portfolio projects and so I will focus on getting portfolio projects. I will look for potential clients around people I know but if I can't, I will then go for cold calling(mainly because I want to focus on local businesses and usually their emails are not available).

Today's progress:
- Made a website for the web design agency and hosted it

Anyways if you actually took the time to read until here, thank you! To thank you for your time, here's a little tip for you:

Whenever you're feeling nervous, tell yourself that you're actually feeling excited. You're not nervous to cold call, you're excited to meet a potential client. You're not nervous to quit your job, you're excited to finally pursue something you really like.

Think about it, the physical characteristcs of excitement and nervousness are the same. The only difference is your reasons. So translate your grim outlook to a positive outlook.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AppleTree

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jun 27, 2023
Alright day 2. I have realized that only focusing on cold email is really dumb. It doesn't make sense to focus on only 1 method(especially when I'm just starting out). I have decided to branch out and do different things to find what works best. Cold email buinesses(since that can be timed) that have emails and then follow up with calls. Cold call businesses with only phone numbers. Meanwhile, help people and comment on posts in Facebook groups to get better connections and build trust.

Today's progress:
- Gave people feedback in Facebook groups
- Set up business email

Anyways for those who are still here and want another fun tip, here's one:

If you're scared to do something, you feel nervous, anxious, or anything, just do it anyways. Think of the worst posibility of doing that something, and just accept it and do it anyways. The constant nagging of your mind imagining the fear is way worse than the fear itself.

KiwiEC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jan 5, 2023
France
Welcome on board!

While it's good to take action and not overthink, it's still useful to be prepared as much as possible.

As a solo webdesigner, you have to be good in:
- Design, how to make impactful sites built to bring value.
- Coding, how to give life to your creations on the web.
- Marketing, how to promote yourself in front of prospects.
- Sales, how to prospect and get contracts.
- Finance, how to set prices and be profitable with taxes and costs.
- Legal, how to protect yourself from disputes.

That's a lot, I'm right in the middle of this and you can easily feel overwhelmed. You have to start somewhere and making your first site/finding your first customer is obviously a nice start.

May I ask you which tools you use to built websites? Do you plan to charge one-time deals or subscriptions?

AppleTree

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jun 27, 2023
Welcome on board!

While it's good to take action and not overthink, it's still useful to be prepared as much as possible.

As a solo webdesigner, you have to be good in:
- Design, how to make impactful sites built to bring value.
- Coding, how to give life to your creations on the web.
- Marketing, how to promote yourself in front of prospects.
- Sales, how to prospect and get contracts.
- Finance, how to set prices and be profitable with taxes and costs.
- Legal, how to protect yourself from disputes.

That's a lot, I'm right in the middle of this and you can easily feel overwhelmed. You have to start somewhere and making your first site/finding your first customer is obviously a nice start.

May I ask you which tools you use to built websites? Do you plan to charge one-time deals or subscriptions?
Thank you for the advice! I plan on either using wordpress or html templates to make my first couple of websites. I do know how to code but I think it's unrealistic to code every website(especially if there are templates available).

As for charging, I plan on 1 time deals unless I branch out to seo or other services.

AppleTree

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jun 27, 2023
Day 3:

Today's progress:
- Connected with people on Facebook through cold messaging(all in small business groups). Not selling to them right now, just wanting to build connections

Got 2 virtual networking events tomorrow, hopefully I'll have some good conversations with people.

theazizmoh_

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Apr 29, 2022
Alright, I figured that making this thread will probably keep me on track and actually get going.

I bought Rob's course a while back but never got around to it(or attempted but didn't go through). Ultimately, it was because I didn't have a strong WANT or reason to follow through with the program, reach out to clients, do the design, etc. It's always been something that's good when I'm imagining it, but not good when I have to actually execute.

Anyways I've found a concrete reason to earn money and I want to do so via web design. This thread will be a track of progress. I currently have no portfolio projects and so I will focus on getting portfolio projects. I will look for potential clients around people I know but if I can't, I will then go for cold calling(mainly because I want to focus on local businesses and usually their emails are not available).

Today's progress:

Anyways if you actually took the time to read until here, thank you! To thank you for your time, here's a little tip for you:

Whenever you're feeling nervous, tell yourself that you're actually feeling excited. You're not nervous to cold call, you're excited to meet a potential client. You're not nervous to quit your job, you're excited to finally pursue something you really like.

Think about it, the physical characteristcs of excitement and nervousness are the same. The only difference is your reasons. So translate your grim outlook to a positive outlook.
Bundle up you're Web design services with CRO (conversion rate optimization) or SEO.

Learn beyond just web design.

Michael Ankrah

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Oct 23, 2023

Today's progress:

I’m actually thinking of starting something like this too where l am but what l was thinking to do is to like offer my services to people free or at a very low price at first so as to get that early experience and my name in conversations out there, then when l start to get more people l then start to charge them, what do you guys think about that idea, would love feedback though

AppleTree

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jun 27, 2023
Bundle up you're Web design services with CRO (conversion rate optimization) or SEO.

Learn beyond just web design.
Thank you for the advice! I'm heard it's good to offer this along web design so I'll definitely look into it. Although for now my focus is just to get people interested and to trust me to help them with developing a website.

AppleTree

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jun 27, 2023
I’m actually thinking of starting something like this too where l am but what l was thinking to do is to like offer my services to people free or at a very low price at first so as to get that early experience and my name in conversations out there, then when l start to get more people l then start to charge them, what do you guys think about that idea, would love feedback though
This is definitely my plan as well. Gotta get those first couple of clients first so that you have leverage to use in the future.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.