The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone import food, snacks or beverages?

bizboy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Dec 25, 2007
Florida
Anyone import food, snacks or beverages?

While I was in Europe (don't want to state the country) this year, I really enjoyed the candy in that country and been thinking about importing candy into the states.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

bizboy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Dec 25, 2007
Florida
kurtyordy thanks for the reply, I found that thread, sounds like his son wanted to start that business.

lol, I still eat alot of candy, alot of it is too sweet for my taste but the candy that I tried in that country was just perfect.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
his son is either preteen or early teen, so I imagine the he would at least have a good handle on what his son is discovering.

Smurf

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 14, 2008
Portugal-Brazil
do you think that even with the current €/$ situation the candy you sepak off would have a market in the USA?

just curious because i know that most of the exportations on the food area have really slowed down in the last year...

bizboy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Dec 25, 2007
Florida
do you think that even with the current €/$ situation the candy you sepak off would have a market in the USA?

just curious because i know that most of the exportations on the food area have really slowed down in the last year...

It would be at competitive prices for the mass market, while the market is still slowing down but yet again it's still a huge market therefore there is room to grow.

dkt91

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Aug 15, 2008
Lima, Peru
Hi bizboy!

I have been thinking about this idea, too, although the other way round: Importing food from the US and then selling it in Germany.
I mainly thought about things that people do instantly associate with the USA, that is for instance donuts, peanut butter, etc.

The problem I've come to, however, is that I would have to find a way to keep the food (especially the donuts) fresh and in an undamaged condition which I'd say definitly is some sort of challenge unfortunately...

I would have opened a "US Shop" (maybe in the internet) but I haven't advanced the idea further yet.

Anyway, maybe I can assist you with putting your ideas into practice. Just send me a PM or add me in MSN and we can talk.

Regards,

Florian

bizboy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Dec 25, 2007
Florida
Hi bizboy!

I have been thinking about this idea, too, although the other way round: Importing food from the US and then selling it in Germany.
I mainly thought about things that people do instantly associate with the USA, that is for instance donuts, peanut butter, etc.

The problem I've come to, however, is that I would have to find a way to keep the food (especially the donuts) fresh and in an undamaged condition which I'd say definitly is some sort of challenge unfortunately...

I would have opened a "US Shop" (maybe in the internet) but I haven't advanced the idea further yet.

Anyway, maybe I can assist you with putting your ideas into practice. Just send me a PM or add me in MSN and we can talk.

Regards,

Florian

I think importing food into Germany would be a good idea, example would be like Pizza, we have many different types of frozen pizza at our supermarkets that are priced anywhere from $1 for cheap, average $4 and very good big size pizza $7-$10.

Thank you very much for the offer to assist me with my idea but at this time I'm not ready for this type of business, I would like to focus on my marketing internet company first after I have success in that industry then I would be ready for another challenge.

dkt91

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Aug 15, 2008
Lima, Peru
I think importing food into Germany would be a good idea, example would be like Pizza, we have many different types of frozen pizza at our supermarkets that are priced anywhere from $1 for cheap, average $4 and very good big size pizza $7-$10.

Thank you very much for the offer to assist me with my idea but at this time I'm not ready for this type of business, I would like to focus on my marketing internet company first after I have success in that industry then I would be ready for another challenge.

Wow... I'm slowly getting hungry but I just don't know why ;)

Let's see - I really like the idea of selling American products because there are still a lot of Americans (e.g. ex-soldiers and their families) or people with American origin living here. But just like you I'm not ready for that type of business - I'm simply lacking the capital.
I'll probably get back to the idea as soon as I have eventually solved the problem.

In case you come to the decision that you want to start this kind of business just contanct me - I'm always glad if I can help.

Regards,

Florian

White8

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Dec 6, 2007
Salem, OR
What about becoming an exchange student and spending some time in the US? You should be able to get a job in a pizza restaurant, learn how to make American pizza, and return home with your knowledge and start making pizza yourself. Initially you could do "take and bake" pizza from home and eventually work into a restaurant.

dkt91

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Aug 15, 2008
Lima, Peru
I am going to be in Texas for three weeks next year so I'll have the opportunity to check out the American food market and look for something special you really can't get in Germany.

The problem with American pizza (as the only product to be sold) is that there are already
huge food companies selling frozen pizza in all shapes and forms (Wagner, Dr. Oetker, etc.) plus there is Pizza Hut, too.

All in all I think it is more advantageous to concentrate on the e-commerce I am just planning and probably get back to this idea later.

Regards,

Florian

bizboy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Dec 25, 2007
Florida
If I were to import candy, I would think I would need to have the product tested and approved by FDA. Has anyone gone through this process?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.