The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Current business isn’t CENTS but I don’t want to quit - Momentum paralysis or something else?

Feedback

KJFast

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Dec 8, 2023
Hello all,

So my current business isn’t CENTS, I’ve thought loads about quitting because of this but here’s the current situation:

I really enjoy this business, it’s a business I created within one of my passions so I was thinking, is there really any need to quit it? It doesn’t take too much time to run and could keep it going on bare minimum until I’ve succeeded in another business which will fulfill me more monetarily and within CENTS. I have no outgoings and probably won’t have for all this year, plus loads of free time.

If it got to it and it wasn’t sustainable me keeping my current business I could always quit. It does turn a *small* profit.

Would people say this is momentum paralysis, maybe that I am passionate about it as it’s making small sales so feelings of fulfilment arise?

I’m going to make a start on the next business anyway, though currently my only two sources of income are a £9 an hour job and this current business.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rdan

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 13, 2023
Hello all,

So my current business isn’t CENTS, I’ve thought loads about quitting because of this but here’s the current situation:

I really enjoy this business, it’s a business I created within one of my passions so I was thinking, is there really any need to quit it? It doesn’t take too much time to run and could keep it going on bare minimum until I’ve succeeded in another business which will fulfill me more monetarily and within CENTS. I have no outgoings and probably won’t have for all this year, plus loads of free time.

If it got to it and it wasn’t sustainable me keeping my current business I could always quit. It does turn a *small* profit.

Would people say this is momentum paralysis, maybe that I am passionate about it as it’s making small sales so feelings of fulfilment arise?

I’m going to make a start on the next business anyway, though currently my only two sources of income are a £9 an hour job and this current business.

Congrats on already receiving profits!

Mike Rowe's quote "Never follow your passion but always bring it with you." might be a good reference.
If you want to stay small with the passion as a business, that is totally fine.

If you say the business does not take up much time and you have a lot of free time aswell, would it be possible to start the second business next to the passion?

KJFast

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Dec 8, 2023
Congrats on already receiving profits!

Mike Rowe's quote "Never follow your passion but always bring it with you." might be a good reference.
If you want to stay small with the passion as a business, that is totally fine.

If you say the business does not take up much time and you have a lot of free time aswell, would it be possible to start the second business next to the passion?

Yeah, though I think I have established a positive feedback loop with this current business and it’d be more worthwhile selling it

futurebillionair

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Nov 4, 2022
Hello all,

Your business doesn't need to be cents to be successful, it does def help, but don't take CENTS as gospel

If you ever get tired of the business, and genuinely want to quit, try selling it if possible

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.