The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Enough thinking, it's time to execute!

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

jjolley

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Apr 25, 2024
Hi everyone,

I'm posting this firstly to keep myself accountable for taking action rather than just thinking and achieving nothing. Secondly, if anyone would like to add anything to the feed it would be highly appreciated. I've seen a few others do this and really enjoyed reading through the feed so thought I'd try it.

Many young people fall into the trap of wantrepreneurship, inlcuding me. For the last few days I've been escaping action because it will massively take me out my comfort zone.
After a few days thinking of business ideas I've settled on car washing because eventhough it's saturated and difficult to turn fastlane, I need to take action and start the journey asap.
I feel like the process of starting a business (even if it's small) will teach me a lot.

So starting tomorrow (I can't wash cars in the dark lol) I'm throwing myself out my comfort zone and knocking on doors to get some work. I'll update the thread tomorrow when I achieve my first goal of getting one client.

All the best,

Jack

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CONAN

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Nov 1, 2019
Good luck! :bicep:
Did you prepare for tomorrow in the sense of knowing what to propose to a potential client?
Will you just make them an offer and schedule the cleaning or will you be ready for the job on the spot?

This reminded me of those YouTube guys going house to house, offering to clean their windows :smile:

Anyway, I hope you land a client and get the push you need!

jjolley

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Apr 25, 2024
Good luck! :bicep:
Did you prepare for tomorrow in the sense of knowing what to propose to a potential client?
Will you just make them an offer and schedule the cleaning or will you be ready for the job on the spot?

This reminded me of those YouTube guys going house to house, offering to clean their windows :smile:

Anyway, I hope you land a client and get the push you need!
Thank you!
Yes, I’m all prepared knowing what I can offer people and how I’m gonna deliver it.
Ideally, I’ll do the job for them on the spot but if not i’ll leave them my email and schedule a day in.
Hahaha I watched one of those types of videos earlier for a bit of inspiration.

Thanks mate, I can’t wait to get the ball rolling tomorrow

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
God invented modern cars for entrepreneurs.

From cash washing, and detailing for small guys to EV manufacturing for billionaires.

People need to travel and men love cars. I guess this won't change in the next 30 years too.

Good choice and good luck!

jjolley

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Apr 25, 2024
God invented modern cars for entrepreneurs.

From cash washing, and detailing for small guys to EV manufacturing for billionaires.

People need to travel and men love cars. I guess this won't change in the next 30 years too.

Good choice and good luck!
That’s very true… I’ve always loved cars.

Thanks a lot!

jjolley

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Apr 25, 2024
Quick update:

I knocked on a load of houses today and either no one was in or they didn’t want their car washed.

A lady I spoke to gave me the idea of posting flyers around so I’m gonna try that since most people were at work.

CONAN

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Nov 1, 2019
Quick update:

I knocked on a load of houses today and either no one was in or they didn’t want their car washed.

A lady I spoke to gave me the idea of posting flyers around so I’m gonna try that since most people were at work.
Did you get and idea for why they didn't want it? No need? High price?

The lady had a good idea, it cheap, it's not tied to your time and it gives people some space to think I guess for those who are more like that :)

Great job, keep us posted!

aeBry

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Apr 24, 2024
Quick update:

Congrats on getting out of your comfort zone and knocking on doors! I'm in my mid 40's and something like this terrifies me. Just take the first step and get it over with!

jjolley

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Apr 25, 2024
Did you get and idea for why they didn't want it? No need? High price?

The lady had a good idea, it cheap, it's not tied to your time and it gives people some space to think I guess for those who are more like that :)

Great job, keep us posted!
Most houses I walked past had really clean cars anyway so I didn’t bother knocking and the people who had dirty cars just didn’t want it. I don’t think my pitch was very good so I could try with a better one but I dont wanna sound to sales and scare them away.

Ordered the leaflets yesterday and I’m pretty happy how they turned out! When they arrive I can do some experiments delivering them to different types of people (wealth, age, location etc) to find the audience who have a demand for my service.

The leaflets will definitely be quicker to post and it won’t matter if people are at work either. I ordered 100 of them so I only need 2 sales out of 100 to break even. I’m hoping that’s doable lol else I might as well move onto something else if the demands not there.

Thanks mate!

jjolley

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Apr 25, 2024
Congrats on getting out of your comfort zone and knocking on doors! I'm in my mid 40's and something like this terrifies me. Just take the first step and get it over with!
Thank you, I was pretty scared but after the first door it all went away. The woman said “no thanks” and I was so relieved cause all my nerves left then lol. The first step is definitely always the hardest but it’s the only way of getting better!

Cheers!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.