The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane website after 14 months execution - we will become millionaire

Share your FTE moment...

PND

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 7, 2011
France
MJ was right. There is a fastlane to become millionaires. It's awesome.

I registered on this forum a long time ago. Since I've been busy with execution: www.nativefrenchspeech.com

I create this brand with my wife. Our brand is fastlane. We try to respect as much as we can the Law of Effection and the Five Fastlane Commandments. We even think we will call our future office CENTS.

Here is our story

• A lot of ideas until May 2011. We were slowlaners then sidewalkers.
  • In June 2011 we decided to build a business. Time to stop overthinking.
  • On July 17th, 2011 we bought MJ book. It was a fast read. We decided to be fastlaners, to build a brand.
  • On September 5th, 2011 we opened the website after 3 months of preparation. We try to execute the vision found in MJ book.
  • Today, after 14 months, we are confident MJ is right. We will be millionaires in a few years!:tiphat:

Financial success
We have paying clients and we have hundreds of (mostly free) members. We now earn enough money to be able to start paying great people to help us (website design for example). If we sustain the same growth rate we will surely be millionaires 5 years after our start. Awesome!

The growth
Starting was hard work of course. Everything was new. We bought some google adwords to check if there is a market. After that we were confident we could do better than the competition. We went from literally no visitor on low days to dozens of visitors on low days. We will reach hundreds of visitors in a few months. Then thousands... We will impact millions and make millions.
The growth is mainly a factor of people being happy for paying us and spreading the word. Superior Unexpected Customer Service WORKS.
One good move was to publish a link on reddit. We saw a jump in members registration.

In 2013 we will develop by adding online exercises. We also need to create a good Unique Selling Proposition. So many things to do... We have a looooong list of things to do to improve the website.

Many people can be on the fastlane
If you can apply the fastlane recipe, the best could happen to you! You just have to commit yourself to it. No excuse. We have 3 young children and 2 goldfishes, we started with low capital, I have a job with 5 (yes five) hours commute everyday, there is too much fog in winter in our region... No excuse.
Hard work + stay focused + faith in what you do + fastlane recipe + accept to wait before you see results = millionaires.

Thanks to many people:

• MJ and other people on the fastlane forum. Sometimes when on a bad day I would come here and read a few good threads to regain motivation.
  • Khatzumoto from www.alljapaneseallthetime.com who showed us there is a possibility to become rich with language lessons.
  • Chocolate manufacturers.

If you have questions, I will do my best to answer.
Advice from fellow fastlaners is also welcome!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
Hey so is this competing with rosetta stone? I just googled "learn french" , they came up first but your ad didnt. Do you plan on expanding into different languages? How big is the market for just french? If not big i would change your brand and domain now using a re-direct. I love actual idea just as i love the business of Rosetta Stone.

One thing i have noticed is for me at least.. there is too much stuff, i would rather see a cleaner splash page (too many links) and i 100% would make a really, really, compelling video, that could differentiate you from others and really pull people in. Design is nice, i like the pricing page for sure.

One other thing i noticed.. when people click plans and pricing, i would throw them to /signup-1 which would ask for name and email, then have a button that says proceed> then go to /signup-2 which would then show the pricing.... now you can gauge alittle better what the best pricing strategies are.. if people signed up to register-1 they are obviously serious... now if you see 15% pay after that... start playing with pricing and see if it goes up or down and obviously if you charge more sometimes less can actually be more as far as registrations. I personally think you should have three prices, there is generally a rule of 25%low 50%mid and 25%high.... you currently have no high... what about the 25% of people that are REALLY SERIOUS about learning french?
Nice site overall though, great progress.

I promise i did not click the rosetta stone link before i gave the advice but i just went back and as i suspected... very clean landing page and it even has the video.

free photo hosting

another thing as stated before, you need to add a third pricing tier, your prices are too cheap, which actually may make some say .. well how good is this service its pretty cheap? Some people want to learn french..period. I would maybe pay the more expensive company if i thought they would help me learn faster. Some people have alot of money, take it from them.

PND

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 7, 2011
France
Thank you theBiz. You have a lot of great comments.

I think we are not directly competing with Rosetta Stone. We will add something to explain that on our website.

We currently have no ad that's why you didn't see them.

The market for French is actually big with more than 100 million second language speakers. Yes we think of expanding to other languages. When all the process are defined for French (in a few years?) it will be easier to add languages.

The splash page is not very good because it's done by me. We will soon pay someone to help us on this one. We also bought recently some stuff to create an efficient video! OK for the compelling video!

I've never thought of the 2-steps registration. I will try that.
A higher price to add? I've never heard before about "25%low 50%mid and 25%high". That would be awesome. I will work to create this 3rd price level.

Again thank you for all the tips. I am glad you took the time to tell us.

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
"learn french" is searched 50,000 times exact match per month (global) (15k local). The cost is $3.78 per click which is pretty expensive. I would look into media buying which is just directly buying banner space through websites.

A way to test this is run adsense....(where links are shown upon thousands of sites) .... if you find a few that are working, great... now month two on adsense.... target ONLY those sites.... NOW create many variations of your ad....

Want to learn french?
Looking to learn french?
etc

At the end of month two you will say hey this one is really converting well..
Now create an image banner, but make the text blue and look like adsense..... go to those sites directly and place that banner on the site. Now you have just cut out the middle man... damn google. Great about the video, please do a really nice one with people giving testimonials in HD etc, do not go make a $5 one, its a small price to pay for a business like this, IMO it will make the a world of difference.

Also promise me one thing... after you make the two tier registration.... once people sign up but dont go on to pay send them and auto email out within 5 minutes saying

Nous avons remarqué que vous n'avez pas terminé votre inscription ... était-il quelque chose nous a manqué?

.... that means We noticed you didnt complete your registration... was there something we missed?

Obviously include the french than english under it just to be playful with people....I even impress myself sometimes....

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PND

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 7, 2011
France
Understood. Nice trick "make the text blue and look like adsense".
I promise!

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Hey nice work

I got a suggestion

YOU SAY;

You don't need years to try and get to this step.

That makes my brain fry trying to work what that means.

Why not change that to something simple like;

We'll show you how easy it can be!

Just a suggestion, good luck ;)

bernieshawn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 14, 2011
Hey nice work

I got a suggestion

YOU SAY;

You don't need years to try and get to this step.

That makes my brain fry trying to work what that means.

Why not change that to something simple like;

We'll show you how easy it can be!

Just a suggestion, good luck ;)

+1, I was going to post the exact same thing. "You don't need years to try and get to this step" sounds like a bad translation to English from another language. The font size could also be slightly bigger.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Great to see a success story in the works...

As others have mentioned, try to get up to speed on landing pages and conversion strategy.

You have about 4 seconds to convey the value to your visitors. Your headline will do the majority of this legwork -- make sure it's strong!

"Learn French. Fast. Easy. Cheap."

Looking forward to reading more updates.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.