The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Finding A Large Plant and Good People

Repurpose451

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 26, 2019
Sun 5-26-19 7:43 p.m.

Reference 1: Persico, Joseph E. Colin Powell - My American Journey. New York: Random House. 1995.

Hi:

For the last 3 years I have been trying to acquire a very large plant for repurposing discarded items. To date, this has been an extremely frustrating experience. Some facilities are expensive. Others are tied up with legal or USEPA Brownfield issues. Looking for abandoned / derelict plants on the internet has proved fruitless.

My dream plant would have a steel truss roof and a bridge crane. I can fix most anything; therefore, four walls and some kind of roof would be helpful. A security fence would also be helpful to keep out trespassers. Utilities are a big issue in older plants. It would be nice to have a restroom.

The GSA offers some large facilities for sale, but again they can be expensive. In addition, if the local code enforcement agency wants upgrades to meet current code requirements, it can run into the millions.

I have looked at steel mills, railroad repair facilities, factories, cement plants, warehouses, casket fabrication facilities. missile silos, aircraft hangers, mines, nuclear power plants, power generating facilities, etc. just to name a few - no luck. Many of these facilities can make money for contractors if the facilities are demolished.
Some facilities were purchased during the last recession and have been converted to grow medical marijuana. For an old square like me, I am not particularly trilled about this use of old industrial plants.

Finding workers is another matter. It would seem that workers are allergic to the words: creativity, engineering, and work.

I am skilled at making something out of nothing. In today's world, I really feel out of place. Until I read about what the Koreans used to do with brass artillery shell casings in the reference, I was kind of feeling lonely. The Japanese did something similar after WWII. One issue of National Geographic showed an African youth sitting in front of a scrap yard with a Mercedes grill. He made the grill from scrap metal.

Where are all these interesting workers? I would like to meet some of them.

Regards,

Repurpose451

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.