The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Gym getting in the way of business.

Mace22

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jul 10, 2023
So recently I tested positive for C0VlD-19.

Luckily I tested negative a few days later and started feeling better.
However
Getting back to exercise has been challenging.
I started going back to the gym for about an hour (+10 minute bike ride there and back). And doing Jujitsu again.
However, I like to go in the morning and when I get back I feel like I have absolutely no energy to work. I can't imagine any successful entrepreneurs who built great businesses getting up at 4 A.M to go to the gym.
So, should I
A) Continue doing what I'm doing
B) Take it slow, and build my way back up to where I can work out but not be completely gassed for the rest of the day
or C) Implement a training schedule where I train intensely for fewer days to allocate more time to my business.
I love hitting the gym, but I feel like it's getting in the way. I'm at a sort of dilemma. I care about looking good, and feeling good, but going to the gym has been making me feel tired during the part of the day where I need to be working the most. (The morning.)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States

However
I started going back to the gym for about an hour (+10 minute bike ride there and back). And doing Jujitsu again.
However, I like to go in the morning and when I get back I feel like I have absolutely no energy to work. I can't imagine any successful entrepreneurs who built great businesses getting up at 4 A.M to go to the gym.
So, should I
B) Take it slow, and build my way back up to where I can work out but not be completely gassed for the rest of the day
or C) Implement a training schedule where I train intensely for fewer days to allocate more time to my business.
I love hitting the gym, but I feel like it's getting in the way. I'm at a sort of dilemma. I care about looking good, and feeling good, but going to the gym has been making me feel tired during the part of the day where I need to be working the most. (The morning.)
So work first, then go to the gym after?

That, or option B.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany

However
So, should I
Get up at whenever, work for howeverlong you need to and then go to the gym to unwind you head.

That's kinda how I did it.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
635%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
You need to go 3x a week with progressive overload for a long period of time, you will get used to it. Sleep, eat your protein, avoid sugar and insulin spiking carbs and alcohol, take your vitamins and get your sunshine. I feel like a million bucks and I couldn't imagine being nearly as productive and clear minded without it.

Without exercise your life will get shitty without you noticing and you'll wonder what's going on, you'll get back to exercise and realize "dammit, that's what it was the whole time??? I just needed to be exercising?? What an idiot I am!"

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 11, 2019
I have/had a similar dilemma. I also like to go earlier rather than later (11 am to 1 pm is my preferred time) but I do feel tired after an intense 2-hour session and lots of caffeine.

So, I get the most important tasks for the day done before I go to the gym and grind out the rest after. If I have a larger task/project scheduled, I will complete it first and go to the gym later.

For example, if I need to: write a landing page copy, build the page, and connect pixels, I would write it before the gym, select a solid template, and go to the gym and then I don't need as much energy to get the template right (it's already there, just paste the copy and tweak the design) and fiddle with simple integrations, etc.

Now, if I did go to the gym first, writing it would be tough as it requires peak mental energy.

It's all about planning out your tasks for the day and setting priorities.

NathanN

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jul 27, 2022
Vancouver, B.C.
I have/had a similar dilemma. I also like to go earlier rather than later (11 am to 1 pm is my preferred time) but I do feel tired after an intense 2-hour session and lots of caffeine.

So, I get the most important tasks for the day done before I go to the gym and grind out the rest after. If I have a larger task/project scheduled, I will complete it first and go to the gym later.

For example, if I need to: write a landing page copy, build the page, and connect pixels, I would write it before the gym, select a solid template, and go to the gym and then I don't need as much energy to get the template right (it's already there, just paste the copy and tweak the design) and fiddle with simple integrations, etc.

Now, if I did go to the gym first, writing it would be tough as it requires peak mental energy.

It's all about planning out your tasks for the day and setting priorities.
This is my schedule as well. Get up, quick walk or run on the treadmill (I have an apartment gym), 3 hours of focused, most important work then head to the gym at 11 and back to working at 1.

I used to hit the gym first too but once you lift first thing in the day it can be tough focusing with such low energy for an entire work day.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I prefer to get the important hard stuff done first, then go to the gym. Cardio gives me the energy benefits the next day. Waking up with energy & wanting to get things done, that is worth any price.

I also switched from doing heavy barbell work to doing way more stuff using machines. Heavy squats and deadlifts kick my a$$ for days afterwards. I enjoy doing them though so if I decide to do them, it's because I don't have much left the rest of the day.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.