The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do I afford flight school?

Zayan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Dec 31, 2023
I'm 16 and I have narrowed down my career choice to being either a pilot with a side business or an IT job with a side business.

Being a pilot sounds better, I looked at all the negatives then I looked at all the positives and realized the negatives are all things I can tolerate but the limiting factor I found is BECOMING a pilot,
The 1500 hours + expensive flight school are both things I cannot afford.

I have considered being a military pilot for a limited amount of time to rack up hour but that's about the only thing I can thing off other than getting a non commercial job for a few years and racking up hours from that

If you are a pilot or know a thing or two about aviation can you please share your knowledge on this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I'm 16 and I have narrowed down my career choice to being either a pilot with a side business or an IT job with a side business.

Being a pilot sounds better, I looked at all the negatives then I looked at all the positives and realized the negatives are all things I can tolerate but the limiting factor I found is BECOMING a pilot,

I have considered being a military pilot for a limited amount of time to rack up hour but that's about the only thing I can thing off other than getting a non commercial job for a few years and racking up hours from that

If you are a pilot or know a thing or two about aviation can you please share your knowledge on this?
Start a business and be a pilot on the side. Pay for your pilot training with your business.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
If there are student loans available for university liberal arts degrees surely there are student loans available to people going to flight school.

Or am I wrong?

Zayan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Dec 31, 2023
Start a business and be a pilot on the side. Pay for your pilot training with your business.
Easier said than done of course, continuing a successful business whilst putting mind and effort into flight is going to be difficult

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Zayan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Dec 31, 2023
If there are student loans available for university liberal arts degrees surely there are student loans available to people going to flight school.

Or am I wrong?
U are right but i'll still have to pay off the debts and i prefer not going into debt

Alexandrel

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 1, 2024

Hi Zayan,

It's good you're thinking about your options already.

Military is an option for the pilot license. Depends on what you mean by "limited time". Usually the deal is that you need to serve for X amount of years, and you'll owe them money if you quit. They're not giving you a free pilot license...
I'd say don't join just for the pilot license (or be ready to commit for many years) and find some other way to pay for it.

IT can pay well; 6 figures are common at good companies. It's a decent career path. A job that pays bills and a bit more, but unlikely to lead to the Unscripted life if it's just a job.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.