The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I want to buy Motorcycle Levers by bulk from China

21elnegocio

WholeFlips Wholesaling Houses Virtually
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
I want to buy these Motorcycle Levers by bulk, to resell on ebay. One problem how do I deal with a transaction like that ? How do I know I wont get ripped off. Has any of you bought from this site ? Whats the most secure way to do it ? please help

Optional Color Motorcycle Adjustable Clutch Lever Brake Lever/spare parts products, buy Optional Color Motorcycle Adjustable Clutch Lever Brake Lever/spare parts products from alibaba.com

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
They probably will only take a wire transfer. There's no 100% secure way to do transactions with China. They will want all the money before they ship your the levers. You should start small and order 50 at a time. This is just part of the risk in dealing with China. It's part of the risk reward equation.

21elnegocio

Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
They probably will only take a wire transfer. There's no 100% secure way to do transactions with China. They will want all the money before they ship your the levers. You should start small and order 50 at a time. This is just part of the risk in dealing with China. It's part of the risk reward equation.

Ive read people who have paid with paypal, but yeah thats what im going to end up ordering around 100 pair because thats the least they accept by. Any suggestions on how to do it or like a guide so I wont get ripped of ? Have you ever bought from the China suppliers ?

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
Hey,

I would suggest extreme caution !

Think about it this way... In China a whole Apple store was replicated and people who were going into the store did not know that it was a fake.

IN FACT, the employee's working there, honestly thought that they were working for Apple lol.

The thing is, Apple is not concerned about this because they just innovate faster and still make profit even with this going on.

However...

In your case, you risk loosing some money upfront and the parts being of low quality. If you resold them and people complained, then your reputation goes down (I'm not sure if you care, but that's beside the point).

Now, to answer your question: The only way to make sure you are not getting ripped off is to have someone you personally trust go to the manufacturer and see the parts themselves. Granted if you don't have someone there already this is probably not worth talking about any further, but then again, that's up for you to decide ;)

Hope that gives you some insight

Cheers!

Ive read people who have paid with paypal, but yeah thats what im going to end up ordering around 100 pair because thats the least they accept by. Any suggestions on how to do it or like a guide so I wont get ripped of ? Have you ever bought from the China suppliers ?

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
The company shows as verified on that site.
If your total investment is a couple of hundreds and you can afford it, go ahead, do it.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
DO NOT send money through a wire transfer or western union. I can almost guarantee you you will never see your money again or see your product.

Alibaba is full of scammers. You can't do business with these chinese companies based on what i've heard. Try to get into contact with a wholesaler here in the U.S. and buy the stuff upfront so you can observe the quality and get your product. Based on the picture the metal looks like horrible quality. One drop of the motorcycle to the side and the levers will break.

Be careful, I don't like seeing people get ripped off.

21elnegocio

Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
DO NOT send money through a wire transfer or western union. I can almost guarantee you you will never see your money again or see your product.

Alibaba is full of scammers. You can't do business with these chinese companies based on what i've heard. Try to get into contact with a wholesaler here in the U.S. and buy the stuff upfront so you can observe the quality and get your product. Based on the picture the metal looks like horrible quality. One drop of the motorcycle to the side and the levers will break.

Be careful, I don't like seeing people get ripped off.

Your right, but where in the world would I find motorcycle levers or any wholesellers here in the US ?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

I have bought from China and Taiwan. You should be able to find legit suppliers over there. Ask a couple of them to send you some samples.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Your right, but where in the world would I find motorcycle levers or any wholesellers here in the US ?

Once you find them, you'll find that they are ordering them from China and wholesaling them to you. ;)

I would keep looking in China. Start a conversation with them, you'll find the real suppliers.

21elnegocio

Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Once you find them, you'll find that they are ordering them from China and wholesaling them to you. ;)

I would keep looking in China. Start a conversation with them, you'll find the real suppliers.

Thank a lot biphase, HEY !!! I just saw that your from where I am ! AZ but I stay in Tempe good to know partner !

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 13, 2012

Go with your feelings. The wholesalers have found the legit suppliers in China (as most everything is made in China these days), but that just throws in a middle man and increases cost for you. There are real suppliers in China, but you are right to be cautious. I would say study the businesses of the possible wholesalers in the States and see if you can get a better idea of their suppliers in China. The more you talk to the suppliers, the better an idea you will get of the quality. And as mentioned earlier...stay away from wire transfers and WU.

21elnegocio

Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Thanks man little by little its making more sense like you said

Giles

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 11, 2007
Wire transfer it is then. I've bought from many suppliers and haven't been burnt once. I don't think Alibaba is as dodgy as everyone thinks as long as you aren't searching for brand name products.

21elnegocio

Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Yeah Ill see whats up for now im doing my homework researching how much profit fees, all that "good stuff" Some how I need to make my American Dream come true

stinirene

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 23, 2012
China
It's very wise for you to verify your partners before payment.
On the one hand, there are more and more scams among international trade, and trade risks exist in every step, We've checked out countless scammers every year in China and abroad. On the other hand, you can make a wise decision based on our investigation or verification report, especially whey you're building a long term relationship with your partners worldwide.
Mail me for details: stin002@hotmail.com , or talk with me on skype:stin002
Irene
STIN (CHINA) BUSINESS SERVICE CO., LTD

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.