The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Instant Connections: The Art of Networking

shubham___3011

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 29, 2023
India
Hey there fastlaners! As an entrepreneur and freelancers we all know the importance of networking and meeting new people either online or offline.
This bring us to the question how should we network? I generally reach out to people after reading something they need help with and provide free value to them, this not only helps me make connections faster but also learn new things. But I often come across the problem that if a person doesnt need any help how do I connect with them? How do I reach out to them, what should i say that will help me not only connect with that person but also build a long term valuable relation. Any suggestion or any strategy that you use?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Just be genuinely interested in their lives, people want to know that they are of value and cared for.

Let them know that you care a lot about them and want to know their story, what they've gone through and see anywhere along the line how you can help them.

Don't try to impress or fit in either. Just be you and show empathy.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hey there fastlaners! As an entrepreneur and freelancers we all know the importance of networking and meeting new people either online or offline.
This bring us to the question how should we network? I generally reach out to people after reading something they need help with and provide free value to them, this not only helps me make connections faster but also learn new things. But I often come across the problem that if a person doesnt need any help how do I connect with them? How do I reach out to them, what should i say that will help me not only connect with that person but also build a long term valuable relation. Any suggestion or any strategy that you use?
Context matters.

Are you doing bulk cold outreach? Are you reaching out to people who responded to something you posted? Etc.

You don't always have to help people btw. Sometimes just thanking them or saying hello and asking how things are going can be enough.

I used to go to in-person courses with fellow business owners. We'd be asked to introduce ourselves. That's a quick way to build a local network.

What's your end goal? Just to build up your network, or to get more business?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.