The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking for a Web 2.0 / SaaS Based Personal Budgeting Software?

A topic related to SAAS or APPs

Maddog

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Oct 9, 2011
Haddonfield, New Jersey
Hello All,

I heard Fiona in another thread recommended "You Need a Budget" but I believe its a windows application. It would be nice to have something completely web based and hopefully free I am sick of buying into things that tend to not be what I need. Thanks for all your help. Hope everyone has a happy new year!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
YNAB is for the Mac as well. Not web-based, however. ;)

Maddog

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Oct 9, 2011
Haddonfield, New Jersey
YNAB is for the Mac as well. Not web-based, however. ;)

Thx I was a lil tipsy last night just realized YNAB is $60 to own.. I've been dealing with SalesForce and their monthly charges too much lol. I'll prolly go with YNAB their methodology seems straight to the point.

wiredniko

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Dec 31, 2011
Excel or Openoffice.....or you can use Mint.com for your personal finance

If you can't afford $60 for a budgeting software its telling me that you are not making enough money to have to worry about a professional solution.

My dad used to be a CFO for a big corporation so I bugged him about budgeting.

The short version is:
Create a spreadsheet with all your costs on the first column and then a column for each month
Look at your existing costs and how your costs grew in the previous year
Extrapolate costs for this year
Make sure to include costs such as taxes, seasonal raises (example heat during winter, presents for Christmas)
So now you have a plan, but your job is not done, as the months progress you need to revisit your budget and see if you went over or under it. Modify your future plans accordingly, look at the numbers, not the emotions money generates from you

Hope that helps.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BeachBoy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Jul 12, 2011
I use Quicken, but it's not free, although you can pay once and not upgrade.

Maddog

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Oct 9, 2011
Haddonfield, New Jersey
Excel or Openoffice.....or you can use Mint.com for your personal finance

If you can't afford $60 for a budgeting software its telling me that you are not making enough money to have to worry about a professional solution.

My dad used to be a CFO for a big corporation so I bugged him about budgeting.

The short version is:
Create a spreadsheet with all your costs on the first column and then a column for each month
Look at your existing costs and how your costs grew in the previous year
Extrapolate costs for this year
Make sure to include costs such as taxes, seasonal raises (example heat during winter, presents for Christmas)
So now you have a plan, but your job is not done, as the months progress you need to revisit your budget and see if you went over or under it. Modify your future plans accordingly, look at the numbers, not the emotions money generates from you

Hope that helps.

Looks good. I'm actually doing well for myself but my money comes in at the end of every month and well basically I've not had much of a budgeting plan and I realize i've hemorrhaged money for the last 4 years but I've always gotten by somehow, until last month lol. And also reading the book, I make good money but I'm just wasting it on bs & momentary satisfaction. I'm just trying to get in control now. =) But thanks again for your tips =)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.