The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Quarterly Log

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jun 12, 2018
My approach
I choose one to a maximum of three goals per quarter. After determining the goals I want to pursue, I choose the Brick I need to lay daily to reach them. I Start with a small brick that I actually can handle. Later on I can scale up or even add more.
Besides that I have my baseline activities meaning the things I already do on a regular basis
In addition to that I keep my appointments and tasks in my calendar allocated to the day I want to do them.
The last thing I need is google drive to store my notes, Ideas, references etc.
Each Sunday night I take a 3x5 index card and write down the baseline activities in blue and bricks in red,in the order I intend to do them from Mo-Sunday
*Split activities up. For example write down meals as 4 slots
*Activities for the whole day like "No social media" go on the top
Throughout the week my job is to be a gritty construction worker, who methodically lays one brick after the other, day after day, while maintaining my baseline, until a house is built.
I aim at completing the items in the right order but life can happen sometimes so it’s okay if I don’t stick to the order perfectly. See it like a bingo
To stay accountable I will post every sunday in the progress thread
I will also keep the advice from the Bodybuilder John Meadows in mind because I tend to self sabotage myself when I make tiny mistakes.
"Move forward when you think you have failed or made a mistake. If you mess up a meal, or miss a session, don’t ruminate. Just get over it and get back on track.
There is no benefit to beating yourself up over it. Move forward ,always."
*This Thread was inspired by the Threads from Heavy_industry

https:// www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/heavy_industry-health-improvement-q1-progress.106934/
https:// www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/heavy_industry-q2-health-improvement.108073/#post-1061678
https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zyo7rpwhW8w&ab_channel=%E1%B4%80%C9%B4%E1%B4%85%CA%80%E1%B4%87
https:// www.reddit.com/r/GetMotivated/comments/b0pqe2/imagestory_found_my_notes_on_my_onegoalpermonth/
https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7prskYk8iA&ab_channel=VestedInterests
https:// www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=1782871618678963&set=a.1623985114567615
https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-bKpbdKYco&t=1830s&ab_channel=GiannaSimone
https:// www.instagram.com/p/C0bbYHWIlS8/?hl=de

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jun 12, 2018
2024 Q2 Goals:
  • Lose weight from 122kg to 110 kg ( focus is on changing my eating habits in a healthy and sustainable way)
  • learn basics of beekeeping
  • Read sa book and slowly apply (from a 7 /10 to a 4/10)
Bricks
  • Brick 1: Stick to 4 meals a day (Mealplan in Drive)
  • Brick 2: Read/Watch Beekeeping materials for 20min a day (Notes/details in Drive)
  • Brick 3: Read Sa book 10 pages a day (Notes/details in Drive)

Last edited:

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
Wow, thanks for posting this!

That stupid thread I started in Q1 of 2023 was one of the most transformative things I've done in recent years.

Things didn't exactly go according to plan and progress was not linear - to put it mildly. But even the flawed execution of a poorly formulated plan gave me an upward trajectory in life.

Here's how I fare 1 year later:

Squat: 85kg / 187lbs
I still squat 187 lbs... but now my body weight is 175lbs ;)

Body fat percentage: ~13%
About 10%.

Diet compliance: 69.8% (44/63 days)
A very modest 100%.

Full days of fasting: 4 days - absolutely ridiculous
4 days of fasting in 2 months? Now I'm regularly fasting 2-3 days a week.

Anyway, that's enough bragging and thread hijacking.

Good luck @Theorangeogre, I hope to see you achieving all your goals.

I understand that long-term planning is important, but may I suggest that we go back in time by 18210 years?

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jun 12, 2018
4 days of fasting in 2 months? Now I'm regularly fasting 2-3 days a week.
How do you combine fasting with bodybuilding?
I experimented with fasting in the past and was doing Omad and occasionally added 2-3 fasting days a week and loved the mental benefits of it. I didn't have to count calories and I could eat big meals which I loved. The things that made me stop was that I sometimes got really ravenous which caused me to overeat. Also I had the conflicting belief that I need to eat at least 30g protein every 3-4 hours to maximize muscle growth. This belief caused me to be uncertain and overthink this a lot and then finally messing up my fasting more and more. I have to admit that my one meal was heavy on carbs and I somtimes also ate junk food as a snack but overall I tried to prioritize protein.

What is your exact approach because I might give it a second chance?

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
How do you combine fasting with bodybuilding?
As I was instructed last year by a non-fragile Fastlane legend ;), "There are no priorities, there is only 1 priority".

Bodybuilding has taken a back seat.

I am not a pro - meaning that I don't get paid to flex my muscles, and I already have a very good physique.

As such, building more muscles won't make me happier. Building an indestructible brain will. This is what will bring success, this is what I am focusing on.

Fasting will get you insanely cut and lean. But for putting on mass, you need to make eating your full-time job.

You can, however, do this in a responsible manner and bulk on clean, non-inflammatory foods.

Due to how insulin works in the human body, I believe that eating high-carb while fasting can be very dangerous and can actually do more harm than good. I have paired low carb with fasting.

Last edited:
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jun 12, 2018
Fasting will get you insanely cut and lean. But for putting on mass, you need to make eating your full-time job.

You can, however, do this in a responsible manner and bulk on clean, non-inflammatory foods.

Due to how insulin works in the human body, I believe that eating high-carb while fasting can be very dangerous and can actually do more harm than good. I have paired low carb with fasting.
Thanks for the answer. So you eat low carb and mostly clean food. How many meals do you eat and when?

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
So you eat low carb and mostly clean food.
I exclusively eat clean food. My diet adherence is now 100%.

How many meals do you eat and when?
Fasting days (2-3 /week):
  • Pain and suffering.

Refeeding days:
  • 1-3 meals/day, low carb, avoiding eating at night
  • I am extremely careful with what and how much I eat, to avoid refeeding syndrome, which can be fatal.

Please don't try to emulate anything of what I am doing. I am a well-trained athlete and have a decent understanding of human physiology.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.