The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Smartphone Lifestyle is sick

Anything related to matters of the mind

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
It is sad! This world amazes me sometimes!

MayaMagpie

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 11, 2014
London, UK
Poor Danny. That's a bit extreme...

When I'm out and about, I rarely ever use my smartphone, and especially not when I've got company (except for looking up directions). My b/f does it, unfortunately, and it tends to annoy me. It just comes natural to him, to quickly look up what's new on facebook while we're waiting for food in a restaurant.
At least we don't have a TV. I watch stuff on the internet, but it's always something that I consciously choose to watch, as opposed to just randomly flipping through channels. My biggest distraction are online games though. It's not as bad as it used to be, although I can kill hours playing instead of doing something useful.

But yeah, smartphones...

zombie-apocalypse-now-smartphone-zombie-apocalypse-people-pic-1363696706.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
This was posted in my poker thread as the rule is no smartphones...

This video is actually great.
Love the ending of it showing the second scenario.

McCoyH

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jul 28, 2013
Iowa
8 hours / day?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Where do people find the time to even do that?!? Between running my 2 companies and handling the family I'm lucky to catch an episode of Shark Tank as I fall asleep....

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
This video is actually great.
Love the ending of it showing the second scenario.

It's a must watch. I know when someone sees 5 MINUTES they say, eh, TL;DW, but it really exposes the danger of how we are sacrificing a digitized life over a REAL life. The photo of the ladies at the club is really SMH worthy. You're at the FN club! Put the FN phone away!

Parents nowadays really have their work cut out.

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
Just being a little devil's advocate here but it is possible that some of those people are building a business/ running one from their smartphone. In the mobile world we live in it is possible that person you are looking down on is creating the next multimillion dollar business while sitting on a park bench on his phone.

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
It's a must watch. I know when someone sees 5 MINUTES they say, eh, TL;DW, but it really exposes the danger of how we are sacrificing a digitized life over a REAL life. The photo of the ladies at the club is really SMH worthy. You're at the FN club! Put the FN phone away!

Parents nowadays really have their work cut out.
Agreed but even the Grand-Parents these days are using technology constantly. Dont know how many 50/60+ are using the iPad daily. If things keep going the way there are will be scary to see what it will be like in 15 years. Its crazy I remember always watching "Demolition Man" and seeing people talk face to face on the TV thinking thats amazing. Its already happened now so whats next in store.

Just being a little devil's advocate here but it is possible that some of those people are building a business/ running one from their smartphone. In the mobile world we live in it is possible that person you are looking down on is creating the next multimillion dollar business while sitting on a park bench on his phone.
Dont doubt that for a minute tbh. A lot of networking or programming to be done just mast majority unfortunately use it for self approval rather than to its potential.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.