The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

When was the last time you bought something after seeing an advertisement?

D

Deleted20833

Well Teespring campaigns have been very effective on Facebook for affiliates and their percentage would be a lot less than your margin so you should be able to make it work. Mind you $30 for a T shirt seems high so could that be the issue? Also are you breaking your age range down or have them as one Adset? What does your sales funnel look like?

Yeah, I'm thinking maybe a $25 price point would workout better

I haven't broken down the age, when doing research on the competition
I saw that the people who most like their page and similar pages were
18-35men who work in sales/food prep/labor jobs

My sales funnel is none existent - what would a t shirt line funnel look like?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted20833

Put some thought into this before you blow money on ads.

I know it's tempting..don't do it.
Sales funnel would mean I'm getting sales, which I'm not...my first obstacle I need to work on is how to
get a profitable first sale online...once that's solved..then I move into a sales funnel

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Sales funnel would mean I'm getting sales, which I'm not...my first obstacle I need to work on is how to
get a profitable first sale online...once that's solved..then I move into a sales funnel
If you say so.

First sales don't always need to be profitable. It's a good start but not a necessity. I have no idea what you're selling. Maybe you said something on the first page but I don't feel like going back. One thing (or two) to keep in mind is prices are flexible and there's an enormous amount of traffic outside of facebook.

D

Deleted20833

If you say so.

First sales don't always need to be profitable. It's a good start but not a necessity. I have no idea what you're selling. Maybe you said something on the first page but I don't feel like going back. One thing (or two) to keep in mind is prices are flexible and there's an enormous amount of traffic outside of facebook.
I'm selling t shirts to the tattoo culture to men between 18-34yrs old who work in labor/sales/food prep jobs

I need profitable first sales because I don't have much cash reserves to wait 30-60-90days

Where would you advertise a shirt?

Stu_Hefner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Mar 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
You need Your ads to reach those peoplr more then once. Try retargetting. People are Probably interested But won't buy your shirt from seeing one ad. Plus, someone else said it already But your shirt is way overpriced. Teespring campaigns are usually $14-20. Nobody is buying your shirt for $30. They might if you establish and brand yourself.

Also, have you done any validation of your design? We recently tried a t shirt before I put up the campaign I showed people from my target market the shirt and asked them would they buy this shirt. Everyone said Yes, But more importantly people I spoke to wanted to pay me for it on the spot.

D

Deleted20833

You need Your ads to reach those peoplr more then once. Try retargetting. People are Probably interested But won't buy your shirt from seeing one ad. Plus, someone else said it already But your shirt is way overpriced. Teespring campaigns are usually $14-20. Nobody is buying your shirt for $30. They might if you establish and brand yourself.

Also, have you done any validation of your design? We recently tried a t shirt before I put up the campaign I showed people from my target market the shirt and asked them would they buy this shirt. Everyone said Yes, But more importantly people I spoke to wanted to pay me for it on the spot.
Yes I'm starting the retargeting process on facebook

Drop the price to $26 free shipping

Ive been getting likes on my ad and on my facebook page...they have showed interest but havent bought yet and honestly havent driven enough targetted clicks to the store to know...i want to sell in person to see real time feedback on why they did or didnt buy

Basilius

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Feb 26, 2015
Czech Republic
Hugo, I'd suggest to get to know your market better. The age group seems to me to be too big. I'd narrow it down, because 18 yo guys might have a different approach than those in their 30s. Therefore you can't talk to them with one message/language simultaneously.

Why do they want to buy a tattoo t-shirt? And how are you different from other people selling tattoo t-shirts?

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Hugo, I'd suggest to get to know your market better. The age group seems to me to be too big. I'd narrow it down, because 18 yo guys might have a different approach than those in their 30s. Therefore you can't talk to them with one message/language simultaneously.

Yes break the ages down into much smaller segments plus also create lots of different ads using the same text but different shirt designs. Also if you have a funnel it will be easier to split test prices to see where the sweet spot is.

D

Deleted20833

Why do they want to buy a tattoo t-shirt? And how are you different from other people selling tattoo t-shirts?

I'm going to test the age thing - younger people might like a more girls and money type ad
where older guys like a more straightforward approach - heres what i got, heres what it will do for you, this is what to do next

I'm targeting people who have liked other tattoo brands

Harestock09

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Sep 22, 2014
I've been trying to do direct response type ads on
Facebook and I'm not getting the best type of results
I could which had me thinking...my ads must suck!

But then I remember seeing great ads on facebook
and also not buying, not because the ad and product
sucked (it was great) but due to not knowing who the
hell the person was...which made me come up with a question

when was the last time I bought a product from a social
media advertisement which I didn't have prior knowledge
from and the answer I came up with is "Never."

Which makes me think...I wonder who else has had
this experience?
Very rarely. I'd say I'm pretty measured in purchasing, and rarely impulse buy. It's usually an identified and considered need.

I guess you need to think about targeting those that are likely to have a need, and make sure you appeal to them by differentiating from others who may offer the same product / service?

D

Deleted20833

Very rarely. I'd say I'm pretty measured in purchasing, and rarely impulse buy. It's usually an identified and considered need.

I guess you need to think about targeting those that are likely to have a need, and make sure you appeal to them by differentiating from others who may offer the same product / service?

How do you usually go about buying your clothes? Have you ever seen something on social media that made you want to buy it? or is it all done at the mall, known websites etc?

Basilius

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Feb 26, 2015
Czech Republic
I'm going to test the age thing - younger people might like a more girls and money type ad
where older guys like a more straightforward approach - heres what i got, heres what it will do for you, this is what to do next

Do you know this, or do you just assume it? If you just assume, I'd suggest to talk to guys from your target audience (as long as selling tattoo t-shirts is something you want to stick with for a while).

D

Deleted20833

Do you know this, or do you just assume it? If you just assume, I'd suggest to talk to guys from your target audience (as long as selling tattoo t-shirts is something you want to stick with for a while).
Yeah I'm assuming thats why I'm going to test it and see the results...I am that target market and I'm going to do cold drop ins at tattoo shops to get some feedback this sunday

Harestock09

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Sep 22, 2014
How do you usually go about buying your clothes? Have you ever seen something on social media that made you want to buy it? or is it all done at the mall, known websites etc?
I tend to know what I need, then go to a few pre-determined stores in the mall to find the best deal / item.

I don't think I've ever bought from social media.

I'm quite into sports, so some of the Adidas/Nike/Reebok video adverts have made an impression on me, but not to the extent that I bought a product I don't don't already need.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.