The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

YouTube channel about Google Sheets / Apps - Script - Progress thread

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Hey @Timmy C ,

Quite good, hope you're doing great too!

Sorry to hear your project did not go as planned. Did you completely completely drop it or still exploring alternative ways to turn it into business?

There was no way to turn it into a business anymore, that's why I dropped it completely a few months after google deindexed my website. I could not rely on youtube as a single income stream, and the amount of views needed to make that viable at all just using that platform was not worth the squeeze.
Talking about business, on my side, most of the opportunities I get are requests to write some dedicated files in Apps Script to automate tasks. People find me thanks to the channel and contact me through the contact form of the website. Overall I notice many people are interested to learn but at the end many of them don't have the time or miss motivation to do the work by themselves.
That's cool, make sure you get paid for doing that work. I used to buy into the ''give value for free'' mindset, but I don't anymore personally, if you do work for free for people, they with think you are a chump, as they should.

I had a call this week with someone asking me to create a script to automate the creation of a specific file for real estate management. I'm working on it this WE. For now it's only direct service of course but there could be opportunity to propose the same file to multiple people ... or also other files for different niches.

Let's see where we can go from there ... but I agree with you I need to face the next step and get things in place to make a sale. That's a big next step for me that I have in mind.

Thank you !

Sounds like a good plan mate, you might have something, keep pushing a bit I think.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
What if you also did Google Ads scripts?

Cybom

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Dec 18, 2021
There was no way to turn it into a business anymore, that's why I dropped it completely a few months after google deindexed my website. I could not rely on youtube as a single income stream, and the amount of views needed to make that viable at all just using that platform was not worth the squeeze.

That's cool, make sure you get paid for doing that work. I used to buy into the ''give value for free'' mindset, but I don't anymore personally, if you do work for free for people, they with think you are a chump, as they should.

Sounds like a good plan mate, you might have something, keep pushing a bit I think.
Thanks mate !

For the work I'm currently busy with, I actually have no clue of what could be the price (or let's say I have a rough idea but not sure enough to be confident). And as I am currently looking to get the structure to propose services (or to sell anything), I proposed him to work on the project and if I can't be on-time with everything, I proposed to not get paid at the end ... but actually he wasn't comfortable with that. Although I think he may be more an exception.

What if you also did Google Ads scripts?

I actually do not know it but you have sparked my curiosity. I'll make sure to have a look at it but I need to catch up with Google Ads first. I think you made some content on the topic so I'll have a look at it too :blush:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.