The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Finding motivation when you have a 9-5

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
634%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Hey everyone, I just joined this forum yesterday.

Anyway, I am having major motivation issues. I work a 9-5 and when I should be working (like right now), I am constantly thinking about my business and what I can do to improve. The thing is when I get home, I literally have no energy left, so I don't work on my business then either. Basically, I can't concentrate at work or at home. Does anyone else deal with this, any tips?

Bummer! You got unlucky!

I guess I got lucky. I somehow was lucky enough to have the energy to work 16 hour days while I started my company while having a full time job.

I feel so bad for you! It’s unfortunate this thing totally out of your control is stopping you! :(

Actually that’s all bullshit and the truth is that you are going to need to find some damn energy.

You must hold yourself to a new set of standards. Standards you would never hold another human being to. You cannot be a typical person anymore.

I would never expect someone to spend 3 days without sleeping. Or to be on their phone doing work while sitting in an ER bed. Or to dump their girlfriend so they could get more work done.

Figure out a way to work and then to work some more. Maybe stop eating like shit. Maybe stop drinking. Maybe stop seeing your loser friends so much. Maybe hit the gym and get your blood moving more.

How tf can you have motivation issues? You get one life here on earth and it’s a mediocre one right now and you can entirely change it yourself. In what way shouldn’t that fire you tf up?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Nov 21, 2016
Discipline is what you should be looking for but you need motivation? That's easy.

You hate every second of your job. Your coworkers are tolerable at best, some even likable but the work you do is meaningless. While you waste your life away in the office you dream of being anywhere else, but you have bills to pay. And you know the car is going to break down any day and who the hell knows how you're going to manage that. Not to mention, due to some C-Suite dipshit deciding to increase shareholder profits by any means necessary, they took away your healthcare. Hopefully you don't break down at the same time your car does. You barely get to enjoy your weekend because you're recovering from the bullshit from the previous workweek and preparing to start it all over again on Monday.

And today is Monday. But today is very different. Today you checked your bank statements to find that your business that you forced yourself to work on even when you were drained is making you more money than your job does. And not only has it been proven to be consistent, but you don't see any reason why you couldn't double it in a few short months if you could dedicate more time to it. Today you're going into work to quit and you'll never step into another job again. No more meaningless work, lousy pay, or insufferable boss. No more wishing about what could have been or dreaming of a life you wish you could have -- you're going to start working on it full-time starting today.

You. Are. Free.

JayS5

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
May 12, 2024
Hey everyone, I just joined this forum yesterday.

Anyway, I am having major motivation issues. I work a 9-5 and when I should be working (like right now), I am constantly thinking about my business and what I can do to improve. The thing is when I get home, I literally have no energy left, so I don't work on my business then either. Basically, I can't concentrate at work or at home. Does anyone else deal with this, any tips?
What about on the weekend? Can you set aside 4 hours each day of the weekend to work on your own thing? You can make a lot of progress if you can manage that.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.