The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

GERMANDUDE progress thread

germandude

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jan 4, 2016
Europe
About me: Dropped out of college at 21 to pursue entrepreneurship. Saw people that have less knowledge about business than me making way too much money. I decided to not follow TV watching sheeple anymore, instead use my time to create value in order to earn money which I will spend in quality experiences.
I live in Germany and am a single dude. I will not reveal my name or published literature in this post in order to protect my privacy.
Let's start:

24.01.2016 - Finishing my first book. I will have around 25.000 words at the end, which is sort of enough as it is a book that is non-fiction. It took me around 20 days to reach where I am now. I will probably be publishing via KDP and Smashwords in order to make it more flexible and omnichannel. Managed to finish a now very good looking cover design. [bank account status: €1.3]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
You won't be able to edit after a few days..

germandude

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jan 4, 2016
Europe
29k words at the end. It turned out pretty good, tomorrow afternoon to commence a 3 day marketing and around 7 pm launch.

EDIT: change of plan, delays ensued. Nothing out of the ordinary though.

Last edited:

germandude

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jan 4, 2016
Europe
I read through the progress threads on this subforum and noticed that barely any of them stay updated and to make things interesting and for respect to MJ, I promise that I will keep this thread all the way until I reach an exit or quit publishing.

Although I planned to launch the book earlier, difficulties such as tax problems for Germans, synch between Amazon and CreateSpace and more have pushed the launch for a week or two later. I am not getting discouraged, I know that half of publishing work is the marketing, so if I do well there it should be good. Also, if you are a german publisher, the ACX is not available outside the U.S, so I am F*cked. Any solutions to this would be great.

germandude

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jan 4, 2016
Europe
Ok, so the book is published, I did a bit of marketing, got the book on a popular website about hunting new products. I guess Amazon takes time to update all reviews and download numbers, so we will see the numbers these days. Also, weirdly Amazon is showing my book as number 1 in its category, yet when I go to the category it is not there. I am guessing it's an issue of synchronization.

I put the book on amazon select, so I guess that helped plus I made it free for 3 days. Got one paperback sale too, woohoo.

Starting a slowlane labor job these days to cover bills and next thing I am doing is a super duper idea for a fiction book. I love the idea and I think it will go well plus i have the cover already, and its magnificent and original.

Hope someone sees this and it helps him/her. Hustle on!

germandude

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jan 4, 2016
Europe
I don't want to jinx anything, but the story thing on my second book is going incredibly. I might be arrogant enough to say that it might be my fastlane! LEGENDARY, HERE I COME!

But back to work.

germandude

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jan 4, 2016
Europe
Almost after 1 month, update! After having a set of personal and business problems, I am able to regain focus on this again. As it is taking much of my time, I will be paying around 200 dollars for someone back in my country (I live in Germany, but come from another place) to write around another 3 sets of the same book (4 books serie). I have to put the pedal on the metal when it comes to marketing the book and gaining traction, if anyone can help with that, I invite you to.

germandude

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jan 4, 2016
Europe
Hey Germandude,

Are you writing in english or German? And where exactly are you based?
All in English. Germany/Serbia based.

I guess I will do a little update. I wrote the first book, failed but learned a lot and got a lot of useful material I can use to showcase when applying for some article writing gigs.

I am working on my second book now, should be great.

GerTranslator

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 9, 2016
Siegen, Germany or Tokyo, Japan
Do you write under a pen name or do you use your real name? With books that are selfpublished in Germany, you are required to have your real name in the book, which basically defeats the purpose. I guess when you write in english and publish it on english/american sites that changes?

germandude

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jan 4, 2016
Europe
Do you write under a pen name or do you use your real name? With books that are selfpublished in Germany, you are required to have your real name in the book, which basically defeats the purpose. I guess when you write in english and publish it on english/american sites that changes?
I write everything in English. German is not native for me, so I don't write anything in German. I believe there is a good german market tho. My first book was under my real name, the second one is going to be under pen.

germandude

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jan 4, 2016
Europe
Nothing much new. Had to start copywriting and havent finished the book yet, but the cover is designed, the story is there and only the writing is left to be done. I expect to have it done in a couple of months.

Definitely using fb\online\amazon ads on the second book thanks to the advice of @ChickenHawk

Carlitos

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jul 13, 2016
New York City
Do you have an author website? Are you using any social media for your marketing? Do you have an author Facebook page? Did you made any money from your first book?

germandude

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jan 4, 2016
Europe
Do you have an author website? Are you using any social media for your marketing? Do you have an author Facebook page? Did you made any money from your first book?
That would be a NO to all.

JoeB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jul 17, 2014
UK
Writing a book seems to be the worst possible way to make money for 99.9% of people.

eTox

Expect success, but prepare to fail.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
May 21, 2016
Toronto
Writing a book seems to be the worst possible way to make money for 99.9% of people.

Perhaps, it's what seems that most of us can do, but not at the level people want it. Books feel like the app rush: everyone is doing it but only the few make the bank. I hope I am wrong.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.