The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Quitting Slowlane road to go fastlane

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
I have learned about the importance of having a unique brands and giving a great story to customers. I´m currently developing it according to what I want to achieve with it. After that, I need to make some massive action, to make it come to life. And improving it according to people´s recommendations.

I will try to keep that thread updated about what I learn, so that one day I can repeat the process.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
The Brand of You-
What are YOU DOING? That is what people know you for. Design your own brand.
At the same time it is what you wanted to do all along. It is your passion.

And to be your brand. you need to be consistent! Everything you do should match, and do it consistently, meaning that you even have to design your schedule around your brand.

I have told a friend about my entrepreneurial endeavours. What would they say, if I suddenly stopped? Only through consistency, will I gain trust and become.

"But amazing is what spreads.

In markets where some people expend unreasonable energy, we get uneven results, and those results are things we seek out, again and again."- Seth Godin
___
An Entrepreneur is really just an artist. He designs his brand and life according to his passions and what he does.

For example: I´m building my own product and website, my own brand, therefore I am an artist.

Last edited:

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
I have a lot of unused drafts and learning material in drawer and hanging on the wall. Either I´m not ready to execute them yet, or they weren´t as neccesarry as I thought.
However, lately, I DO have a current draft and I execute according to that. I also get some feedback from people, so my executions plans are pretty straightforward.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
I´m getting some subscribers to my email list, and I´m getting more and more anxious! I really don´t want to mess this up. I somehow need to have a plan of interaction with my subscribers and got to find out what they expect from my product and how I can make it better for them.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
Hello!
My progress was really slow so I had to analyse some of my time investments.
I have looked at my productivity score in the app RescueTime and it seems the last two months weren´t as productive as they should be. RescueTime said that a lot of time goes away to distracting websites like facebook and youtube, even though I used time blocks and scheduled a lot of time for work.

I´ve sinced blocked all distracting website elements and now I only use FB and YT for work and for communication. No website feeds. Since then, not a lot of time is wasted anymore.
I´m now using TopTracker and strive for at least 4h of highly focused execution. I get a lot done in 4h. My max. since was 6h 20min. I strive for 8h of highly focused execution. 12h is unrealistic to me(even if you say "I work 12h on my business every day". I need to make a lot of breaks or else my brain becomes mud. If someone has some opinions on that, I would be glad to hear them.
I think most of my off time now goes to breaks, workouts, cooking and eating, which seems to be a lot.

Waking up at 6am and working 4h helps me get a lot of stuff done without me feeling bad, if unexpected things come up.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
"P" beats "E".
We can execute, but according to MJ it depends on the quality of execution as well.
The quality can improve by learning the neccessary skills to execute better! Just doing something, we will hit the wall of our natural abilities very soon.

Now, we also can´t just learn all the time!

What MJ also says, is that the revenue stream/money tree can/should start pretty small.
So what we can do without learning endlessly,
is to learn just enough to start a small money tree. And to execute something that might not take a lot of time, but a lot of skill!

Once we have that money tree we can invest even more time to learning and to even higher quality execution.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
I needed to reconsider what my product and my marketing is about. I think I´ve found a solution and it is something I just had to remind myself of about again and I´m now pretty confident to provide great value according to my abilities. Struggled with this for 1-2 months.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
Expanding my means

For rapid business growth I need to do big actions. Some of these big actions can be achieved with money.

For every month there is a specific amount of money I need achieve my business targets.
That means I´m at the same time working on the side to make the funds available because they are key to success.
These are investments with high ROI.
There is no time for small decisions.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
Law of Effection

Just imagine. How awesome is it to impact millions.

It doesn´t matter what you do as long as you impact those people.

Last edited:

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
List Building Growth

Numbers. Numbers. Numbers. All of the successful built their numbers over time. Exactly 114 people are on my email list now.

There are days I have big doubts. Then there are days I´m 1000x motivated(like now).

Milestones for the next 1 1/2 months:

1000+ emails
Several Epic Blog Posts(Credibility)
A Small Product(The Trip)
An Email Course leading to Launch(Conversion Automation)
(Guest Posting)

(Instagram Marketing on the side)

P.S.: I need to do a survey as well.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
USP

The better I know my audience, the better I know my USP.
I notice that, because as I´m writing stuff for my audience I find out about hidden benefits of my product.
These benefits are really the things I was going to give with my product.

In fact, I made the mistake not building an audience first to build trust.
Doing marketing after product creation is almost like starting from zero.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
Words that have huge impact on your fastlane business

I´m just compiling them here. I wrote them down after evaluating, how to execute even better. I think all of them are important and shouldn´t be neglected in any way.

Trust
Execution
Law of Effection
Good Enough
One Thing
Value
Customer
Truth
Audience First
Finish Project
Scarcity
Lead
Guru
Better Execution(than competitor)
Chess
Tribe Direction
Brand
Customer Experience
Expectations
Complaints
CENTS
SUCS
Minute Response
Customer=Boss=Stakeholder
Look Big
Knight in Shining Armor
Relationship
USP
Benefits
Price

Last edited by a moderator:

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
Monogamy

"To hit the top of your game, business or otherwise, you have to eat, live and shit your thing"

To teach I need to do multiple things:
-application
-educate

Last edited:

InnovateDesign

777 MPH
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 16, 2016
Taxco, MX
I am stuck in the dilemma of having a slowlane job which has amazing benefits and the pay is good, but I know it only keeps me from reaching my full potential. I am considering quitting..

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
I am stuck in the dilemma of having a slowlane job which has amazing benefits and the pay is good, but I know it only keeps me from reaching my full potential. I am considering quitting..

Hey man!

"The pay is good". What is your goal of having a good pay? If you take it just to have money, then you are trading time for plain money.

Take the money to have financial cushion, so you can work on your fastlane for a extended period of time.

or

Use it to invest in your business.

Money should be only enabling you to go fastlane. Quit as soon as you have saved enough money or have enough to invest.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
Strategy

My content strategy has been working pretty well so far. My blog posts are in-depth and give tons of value.

I captured ~350 emails from content strategy and
1400 from sweepstakes.

I´m reading all I can about closing the sale and creating a so-called stadium pitch seems to be the way to go now. My biggest objectives are trust and authority.
I´m planning for pre-sales starting in 1.8. Exciting times, but my fear of failure is still apparent.

The first 5 months I spent on creating the product FIRST makes me cringe, but I still feel like I like it more than building the audience first. I wanted to have a tangible and sellable product which will be my vehicle to the fastlane.

If I fail, then I know that I still provided tons of value and this is what is important to me. I will keep up helping people and make their life better.

I don´t know yet what I´m doin in september. October is my 1 year anniversary in the fastlane and I certainly want to put some time to rest and recharge for the second fastlane year.

1. 7.
-1 Epic Blog Post
-1 Stadium Pitch
(-Email Content?)

-2 Epic Blog Posts

1.9. ???

1.10. Building more Authority and Building More Assets
Also refining the product if it is somewhat successfull(there are some things I´m not quite happy with yet).

I´m also going to the gym in the morning now. Instead of the outcome I just have fun working out and focus on the progress of improvement every day. I feel a lot better throughout the day. The few days before that were horrendous.

Again, I want to focus more on progress instead of outcome, otherwise I´m becoming crazy.
I certainly don´t like to think of "sacrificing" for outcome and instead think of the progress that I make.

Every Outcome is the result of Progress.
IF you focus on Progress, then Outcome will be INEVITABLE.

Progress every day.
Progress in yourself and in your business.

Last edited:

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
Starving

I´m pretty much starving these days. Working on a project for almost a year without revenue can be pretty tiring.
Also, there are constant push-backs I feel.

Still, gotta finish this!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111!!!!!!!

IAmLegend

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 18, 2016
just keep focusing on what you're doing and never give up, the subscribers list is your ASSET, keep growing it, its like a gold... Good Luck

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
First Sale - No Launch

I don´t know what to say. Yesterday I made the first sale for my course from an outdated sales page.
I didn´t market my product and didn´t launch it yet.

Awesome.

P.S.: My last blog post got a lot of traffic and the email list is growing well. Exciting times to inspire.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
Changing of Plans and Launch Plan

I miscalculated some things. Anyway, here is my new timetable:

-Launch Preparation

-Launch Preparation
-Post-Launch Preparation