The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

TNT #1: "I wish I thought of that"

Marketing, social media, advertising

Joey El

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Mar 16, 2016
Down Under
How many times has a truly simple, elegant something made you say that?

Probably an invention that solved your everyday problems, or a meme that everyone is sharing?

For me, it's seeing a great brand name. *Sparks of envy.* (Un-?) fortunately I have the best job, discovering new business and consulting the owners for marketing. Naming comes naturally to these lucky geniuses! Fitburger, Shampooch, Jessicakes, ok these are all just blended words but they "stick."

And now it's my turn. My project's progress has been steady although slow. Naming is now the 1 thing.

Following Nick Kolenda's massive how-to, brainstorming and generating names, I was surprised how much hard work everyone does. Plenty of other resources and research showed me the teams who charge thousands probably sweat to earn their money. If it doesn't drive me mad I'll update soon.

Including how one of the first, easy blended words has surpassed all the "this consonant then this phoneme for that feeling" in every test on people smarter than me. (that's just about everyone btw; )

So I'm interested in opinions and experiences of this process, and times you thought "Why didn't I think of that?"

P.S. TNT #2 next week will probably have a poll depending on 1. interest and 2. my figuring out how!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JDx

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
May 11, 2016
Amsterdam
"Why didn't I think of that?" is not something I ask myself. It's a rhetorical question which is useless in answering, if at all possible. Look ahead, not backwards asking "what if".
Instead what I say to myself is; "That's genious" and then look at more information regarding the process and the actions they took, to gain inspiration.

P.S. what is TNT?

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
I have had those moments but they dont effect me , i know that the idea that i come with will win regardless of what anyone else is doing ,

Even if someone else has a similar idea i still will win b/c im just better at what i do

Focus on how to be the best you and not how someone else is being the best them

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
How many times has a truly simple, elegant something made you say that?

Probably an invention that solved your everyday problems, or a meme that everyone is sharing?

For me, it's seeing a great brand name. *Sparks of envy.* (Un-?) fortunately I have the best job, discovering new business and consulting the owners for marketing. Naming comes naturally to these lucky geniuses! Fitburger, Shampooch, Jessicakes, ok these are all just blended words but they "stick."

And now it's my turn. My project's progress has been steady although slow. Naming is now the 1 thing.

Following Nick Kolenda's massive how-to, brainstorming and generating names, I was surprised how much hard work everyone does. Plenty of other resources and research showed me the teams who charge thousands probably sweat to earn their money. If it doesn't drive me mad I'll update soon.

Including how one of the first, easy blended words has surpassed all the "this consonant then this phoneme for that feeling" in every test on people smarter than me. (that's just about everyone btw; )

So I'm interested in opinions and experiences of this process, and times you thought "Why didn't I think of that?"

P.S. TNT #2 next week will probably have a poll depending on 1. interest and 2. my figuring out how!
I must admit, if I see something really cool I normally think "How cool!" instead of wish I'd thought of it. Then I wonder how I can apply it elsewhere, or attach myself to it's cashflow.

Also, there's a thread somewhere in the forum that discussed naming a website/brand. I can't remember the title at the moment.

Joey El

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Mar 16, 2016
Down Under
Instead what I say to myself is; "That's genious" and then look at more information regarding the process and the actions they took, to gain inspiration.

P.S. what is TNT?

Thank you! Yes inspiration. Now I'm going through, "That's genious" so let's do the work learning from their methods.

I just use http://www.bustaname.com/ until I find something I like...

Thank you IGP looks really useful!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ha good one Raoul! Actually our time zones a few hours ahead and I'm usually too busy to spend enough time on here. So it's a reference to the night I make the thread.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Joey El

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Mar 16, 2016
Down Under
I must admit, if I see something really cool I normally think "How cool!" instead of wish I'd thought of it. Then I wonder how I can apply it elsewhere, or attach myself to it's cashflow.

Also, there's a thread somewhere in the forum that discussed naming a website/brand. I can't remember the title at the moment.

Thank you Andy! Of course you're way ahead of me in mindset but I am growing, thanks to alot of your threads actually. So I added you on SnapChat but haven't seen any story snaps yet. Hope you're still going well with that.

I read a couple I'm not sure which one you were thinking of.

Perhaps This one where you posted?

Or need-help-choosing-a-name?

One of the oldest was most helpful with Ferriss on Vimeo.

The main take-away here for me would be, keep a note of these exceptional "How cool/That's Genious" businesses and get into the process of absorbing excellence without any envy!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.