The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bryan's Business Progress

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

BryanK

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 22, 2016
Alright so I've just decided to get into some eBay / Craigslist flipping again.
About two years ago what I've done is buying PC components, putting them together into a working computer (takes me about 30 mins), install windows and flip it for around 50-70% profit since the parts are mostly dirt cheap because theyre already used. Im also pretty familiar with PS so I can put up very appealing pictures in the ads (most listings have pictures with poor lighting, resolution and a really short description).
I dont really know why ive stopped doing it, probably because i was too busy playing video games back then but im gonna do it again and see how it goes.

• For now im gonna research some ads of PC's (probably 10-20) in my price range and take a look which ones get the most attention (or get sold) over a timeframe of 5-10 days so I can copy some of the "strategies". I'll be documenting this pretty detailed and take screenshots of the ads (and save the pictures included) im looking at in case they get sold or taken down for some reason.
  • After that I'll probably search for a few good components in my price range by sellers who got a good reputation so i hopefully wont get any damaged parts
Im not gonna do this forever obviously but i figured since im pretty good (and fast) at building PC's and because it has worked for me before im gonna try this to build some budget for other ventures i've got in my mind.
Thanks for taking the time to read this :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BryanK

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 22, 2016
Alright quick update
After I've been researching pretty much non stop for the last days, searching for good deals and documenting ~15 Ads in my price range to see how they perform (7 have been sold already), I've recognized that it makes most sense to buy a bundle (Mainboard; CPU and Ram) plus the other components. For everyone thinking about maybe doing this as well I'd highly recommend searching for those bundles, you can probably save 30% of what you would spent buying these 3 things individually. Im also looking at some already built PC's with the intention to potentially just flip em, but theyre pretty hard to find since most of the ads are listed a higher price than all the components would cost if you'd buy them individually (which is obviously good for my main objective), but it's just kind of a side thing im lookin at. That's pretty much it for now, i've contacted a few sellers who offer good priced parts and if everything goes right i can probably buy them all together for 200 ish and should be able to flip the PC for 300-350 let's see ... :)

BryanK

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 22, 2016
What kind of PCs are you offering? For $200 that's probably going to be a pretty barebones PC even if you use used parts.
200$ is a pretty tight budget but i was able (if i get the parts from the guys ive contacted) to fit in an i5 2400, Evga Gtx 660Ti 2 gigs, Pretty normal Gigabyte Atx mainboard obviously with PCIe 3.0 x16 for the graphics card, 4gb 1600mhz ddr3 ram, 1Tb Samsung HDD with sata 3 and 7200rpm's, 500W be Quiet Power Supply and a sharkoon vs-3 case. It'll handle games like battlefield 4 ect on medium probably at like 50-60 fps :) so pretty good parts for the price, just gotta search enough until you find those deals

Edit: I might spend a few more bucks to fit in another 4 gigs of memory. Gotta run the benchmarks first and then see

Last edited:

Havox

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Nov 9, 2015
California
200$ is a pretty tight budget but i was able (if i get the parts from the guys ive contacted) to fit in an i5 2400, Evga Gtx 660Ti 2 gigs, Pretty normal Gigabyte Atx mainboard obviously with PCIe 3.0 x16 for the graphics card, 4gb 1600mhz ddr3 ram, 1Tb Samsung HDD with sata 3 and 7200rpm's, 500W be Quiet Power Supply and a sharkoon vs-3 case. It'll handle games like battlefield 4 ect on medium probably at like 50-60 fps :) so pretty good parts for the price, just gotta search enough until you find those deals

Edit: I might spend a few more bucks to fit in another 4 gigs of memory. Gotta run the benchmarks first and then see
You could probably upsell SSDs. You can get Kingston SSDs for like ~$30

Hopefully you're not buying used HDD

BryanK

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 22, 2016
You could probably upsell SSDs. You can get Kingston SSDs for like ~$30
Yeah was thinking about the same, SSD's have become pretty cheap might actually be a good idea including one in the build
Hopefully you're not buying used HDD
nah dont worry, even if i'd consider looking for used ones on craigslist ect Id probably end up paying somewhat around the price of a new one at the hardware store of my choice lol

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.