The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How To For The Next Level Of Business

Growth & Learn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 1, 2015
Southern California
When I started my first online business there were some excellent blogs and books I read to help provide me a roadmap. They gave me great models and lots of clarity.

Now, as I start to bring on more staff, reinvest profits, and make efforts to scale my business I wish I had more models for this next level. I'd like to know how to systemize better, scale more efficiently, and reinvest smartly.

I read E-Myth Revisited and that was helpful. But, it really just opened a big door and was only a tiny piece.

Does anybody have other books they recommend for people in my situation? Anything that helped give you clarity or gave you a roadmap at this level? Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Good to Great. Built to Last. Both are part of a good series with a lot of research behind them.
Ready Fire Aim has a great map for you.

Yoda

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
710%
Nov 12, 2015
Dagobah
Anything that helped give you clarity or gave you a roadmap at this level?

First, congrats on making it this far, but I think you're over-complicating.

Keep doing what you're doing, but instead, focus on different metrics. Efficiency, then quantity. Reverse engineer, look for duplicity, look hard to find faults in your product/service, and act quickly to make them go away.

Do more, but don't sacrifice quality. The action you take is the learning environment now. You will learn more by trying new things than any book can teach you. But, you know this, you've already gotten this far. Seeking the right book is, most likely, your mind bringing up a fear of some kind.

For something more concrete:
  1. Build relationships with others who are ahead of you, and can give you real life experiences as tools for your toolbox. Asking a question in this forum is great, because you're attempting to do that, but lacks detail. We can't give you concrete answers without more concrete questions.
  2. Hire professionals where it leads to a definitive return. And once you hire them, hire another to do the exact same thing, and see if they can beat the results of the first guy. Quite literally pit them against each other (though, they don't have to know).
  3. Find a business which is as close to identical to yours as you can, but at scale, and become a customer of theirs. Watch like a hawk--what do you like, what don't you, what could you improve on THEIR product/service. This opens your eyes to the other side of the coin, where you're a buyer, not a seller. It's all about new perspective.
  4. Take a week (or a few days) 'off' and tell everyone you're available by email only. Now, don't take the week off, but work remote. What falls apart? What keeps moving? What 'emergencies' arise? Who works just as hard, and who doesn't? Again, it's new perspective, but from the owner standpoint.
Again, without more details, we can keep recommending books, but those take valuable time away from action when you can clearly put that time into scaling.

IGP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 24, 2015
So much depends on the type of business you run? However, I would look at your systems and processes.

Those are the two things that will allow you to scale.

You have to work "on" your business, not "in" your business. Which means you need to have a detailed processes for others to follow while you work on higher level stuff that actually makes you more money.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Built to Sell.

Please SEARCH before posting.