The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Would you join an entrepreneurship bootcamp?

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
What do people on the forum know about you? The answers you will get depend a lot on your experience, what you have done to help people, and your overall goals.

What you have stated to the forum is that you want to help. There is nothing about what you will get in return. On top of that, the participants of this forum have not seen proven results from you.

If you have some other plan or idea about how you are going to bring the skills, they must be stated.

Otherwise, you will get very guarded and skeptical responses.

Completely understandable. Thanks for the reply!

My goal is not to market myself as some sort of success, I'm not by any means.

I was just trying to see what people would like to learn about in an immersive situation. I put the blank canvas out, and everyone draws the picture of what they want.

Seems I misworded myself somewhere!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Completely understandable. Thanks for the reply!

My goal is not to market myself as some sort of success, I'm not by any means.

I was just trying to see what people would like to learn about in an immersive situation. I put the blank canvas out, and everyone draws the picture of what they want.

Seems I misworded myself somewhere!
Boot camp is the wrong way to label what you are describing then. Perhaps a mastermind group?

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Unfortunately! :)

Why, what's up?

I think it's unfortunate that you think of DFW as unfortunate. I am not sure what area of DFW you are in but there are areas that have highly motivated people and high end baubles to show for it. You have what you think you need right in your back yard and not taking advantage of it.

It seems like you are waiting for something to happen to get something done?

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
783%
May 5, 2014
This forum has a summit every year, I would recommend going to that if you want to meet real entreprenuers, establish strong relationships with cool people, and learn about business.

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
To add onto what @AndrewNC and @SteveO wrote:

Drawing a blank canvas won't stand out. There are 100 new people coming onto this forum and making similar threads. They don't get noticed.

It all comes down to time and effort (regardless of results).

Have you messaged anyone on this forum that you can help in some way? Perhaps you are good at graphic design and you saw that their Facebook cover photo sucked, so you made them one and than just sent it to initiate a conversation?

Have you created a small mastermind group with 5 other people and shared your experiences with the community?

Have you created a website? made a cold call? pitched an idea? went to an awesome event where you learned a ton? ... and shared it with others to learn from?

Did you pay $1700 to fly out for 2 days to attend the Fastlane summit? Where you the first guy there and last one to bed because you were making friends and creating memories?

I think you get my point (and yes I did all of the above personally).

I would go and execute on something, come onto the forum and share your experience. Maybe you spend $500 on facebook ads and tell us about it (could be totally off topic, but i'm just throwing out ideas)? These are the kind of threads that will get attention. When you get attention, creating masterminds or getting people together is much easier. There is substance and value there.

Hope that helps :)

Hey all!

I'm playing with the idea of an entrepreneurship bootcamp.

I want to take a small number of people, help you grow your network, boost your self-confidence in business, and give you some of the skills necessary to reach financial independence.

So now, I turn to you all!

If you joined an entrepreneurship bootcamp, what would you expect to learn? What kind of environment would you expect? What cost would you anticipate?

Thanks!

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
To add onto what @AndrewNC and @SteveO wrote:

Drawing a blank canvas won't stand out. There are 100 new people coming onto this forum and making similar threads. They don't get noticed.

It all comes down to time and effort (regardless of results).

Have you messaged anyone on this forum that you can help in some way? Perhaps you are good at graphic design and you saw that their Facebook cover photo sucked, so you made them one and than just sent it to initiate a conversation?

Have you created a small mastermind group with 5 other people and shared your experiences with the community?

Have you created a website? made a cold call? pitched an idea? went to an awesome event where you learned a ton? ... and shared it with others to learn from?

Did you pay $1700 to fly out for 2 days to attend the Fastlane summit? Where you the first guy there and last one to bed because you were making friends and creating memories?

I think you get my point (and yes I did all of the above personally).

I would go and execute on something, come onto the forum and share your experience. Maybe you spend $500 on facebook ads and tell us about it (could be totally off topic, but i'm just throwing out ideas)? These are the kind of threads that will get attention. When you get attention, creating masterminds or getting people together is much easier. There is substance and value there.

Hope that helps :)

Wonderful advice. I'm not surprised that the key be, once again, take action!

Much appreciated. :)

Tony I

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Apr 9, 2013
MA
Project Scottsdale

The view of our balcony was a clear view of what would surpass any high end beach resort: Palm trees, year-round sunshine, a pool with a waterfall, an outdoor clubhouse with a bar and big screen TV, cabanas, and a volleyball court all directly below our third story balcony view.

Our apartment had golf carts that picked us up and took us to some of the most luxurious nightclubs of Scottsdale, Arizona. Still being in the 80s in November, taxi cabs weren’t needed.

If you haven’t been to Scottsdale, it is a hidden gem in the middle of the desert. Hollywood style nightclubs, upscale dining, exotic cars a common sight, and high end living, at the fraction of the cost.

If you wanted to be surrounded by success, you couldn’t ask for a better place.

A six month lease for this luxury living in a three bedroom condo was $1,500 per month, split between myself and two other aspiring entrepreneurs.

While this type of living might sound like the end of my journey, it was far from it. With total living expenses being just above $1,000 per month, it was only the beginning of our ascent.

Six months of building our online businesses, going out to nightclubs, attaining the wisdom of millionaires, and expanding our network was the goal.

OK I'm sold. who wants to do this lol.

@AndrewNC would you mind if I repost this in the meetup forum as a reference? I'd love to do something similar either in scottsdale or another city.

I'd like to set up something similar to @AndrewNC's operation Boulder.

like an entrepreneur house? this might be what you're thinking: http://theentrepreneurhouse.com/

Last edited:

Greg Black

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
325%
Aug 24, 2016
Bournemouth, UK.
Not what you are describing.

I believe Appsumo had some type of event kind of like that but they actually helped you launch a business in a week. It seemed quite compelling for the right person. They had proven successful entrepreneurs there, with experience launching businesses quickly & profitably. That was a key selling point.

"Learn skills and networking" sounds like a waste of time & money.

I agree, something with a tangible outcome is far more valuable.

codonnell

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Aug 15, 2013
You have been honest in your responses confirming you are not yet a fast lane success. Neither am I. As somebody seeking to become a FL success, I would have no interest in attending an event organized by someone who cannot provide hard evidence they are FL success. How would you assess what experts should attend to teach FL success if you have not done it? You can't, it is simply guess work without foundation of a prove FL successful business to back it up. We all love MJ as he is the real deal, with runs on the board, which we can independently verify. I think before anyone should contemplate such an event, they should have proven FL success which can be independently verified. Otherwise it is just Rich Dad Poor Dad crap with fake gurus. And even if you had FL success, you would need to carefully think what value you can add to MJ's teachings. Not an easy task. Good luck with your business endeavors.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.