The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

China + Asia in October? Canton Fair + Travel.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Hey guys,

I'll be in Guangzhou October 15th to the 19th for Canton Fair. I'm also thinking about adventuring around Asia if anyone's in.

I have friends in Beijing and Shenzhen that I'll likely visit. Other than that, I'm interested in going to Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, the Philippines, Singapore, or Hong Kong. All options.

If anyone's up for it, I'd be glad to meet and travel together.

Tickets from Chicago to Guangzhou are $493 roundtrip for economy right now. Tickets around Asia seem to be $150 roundtrip. Nice AirBNB's are around $50 a night. Just some numbers so you get a better idea.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Still mulling it over. If I go, probably Hong Kong only. Meet up potential for any fast laners in the area. I will decide on my own schedule within the next few weeks. Hong Kong Electronics show is right then. Great show.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
$493 for round trip :woot:

So tempting, need to go visit my manufacturers anyway... Thanks for the heads up

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Hey guys,

Tickets from Chicago to Guangzhou are $493 roundtrip for economy right now. Tickets around Asia seem to be $150 roundtrip. Nice AirBNB's are around $50 a night. Just some numbers so you get a better idea.

$493 for round trip :woot:

$910 roundtrip - Memphis departure. This is pretty tempting.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
In for a BKK meet. May be able to meet in Shenzhen / HK if the dates line up

SweetTooth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 20, 2014
I'll be traveling in Thailand around that time.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Confirmed that I will be in Hong Kong for the Electronics Fair in mid October. Once I reserve a hotel (in the next day or two) I will organize a cocktail meet up at my hotel for anyone in town for the show(s). Meetup probably early evening of 10/15.

@Arrabista @Hong King Kong @Jake

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States

Ronak

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
Sep 13, 2013
Confirmed that I will be in Hong Kong for the Electronics Fair in mid October. Once I reserve a hotel (in the next day or two) I will organize a cocktail meet up at my hotel for anyone in town for the show(s). Meetup probably early evening of 10/15.

The view from the Intercontinental in TST is to die for, definitely one of my favorite skylines in the world. Awesome place to stay or to meet for drinks.

Lobby-Lounge-©-2012-Intercontinental-Hong-Kong.jpg

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
I'm still finalizing details, but likely in.

I'll also be traveling with two friends that are making big things happen (outside of import/export). So we should have a good group.

However, I don't know if I can make the 15th. I was thinking of flying in the 14th/15th. Taking the first day easy, then going to Hong Kong later in the week. But I'll try to make it work if that's what you guys settle on.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok

I may need to do an inspection north of the border around that time so will keep you posted. Won't be able to confirm until close to the date. Sounds like a good enough reason to visit HK though..

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Stumbled upon another product that might be worth pursuing as a second venture. If so I'm considering going to Phase 3 (Oct 31- Nov 4). Flights from Toronto are dirt cheap right now on Hainan Air - $700 CAD round trip.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Anyone headed to Phase 1 at the Canton Fair?

I'm finalizing travel arrangements and would be open to splitting an airbnb apartment with a fellow fastlaner.

Also, headed to Beijing after the fair to meet friends and visit the sites (if anyone's from Beijing/wants to travel).

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Hi guys,

I live in HK and will definitely go to the HK Electronics fair and possibly the Canton Fair as well.

Would be very excited to meet up some fastlaners here in HK!

Were you born and raised in Hong Kong? What kind of business are you in?

Gravy South

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Were you born and raised in Hong Kong? What kind of business are you in?
I was raised in HK initially, but then moved to the UK when I was 12, but has moved back to HK recently.

Part of the reason to come back to HK is because I am running an e-commerce business, so being accessible to China and knowing the language are great advantages over my competitors.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
I was raised in HK initially, but then moved to the UK when I was 12, but has moved back to HK recently.

Part of the reason to come back to HK is because I am running an e-commerce business, so being accessible to China and knowing the language are great advantages over my competitors.
Do you speak Mandarin as well?

Gravy South

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Do you speak Mandarin as well?
I can understand okish and can speak a little bit, but I wouldn't be too confident to speak face to face with a supplier.

Luckily nowadays it is very easy to communicate via the likes of WeChat or QQ so I can just type Chinese or use voice chat, which is more than good enough.

The Racing Driver

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Apr 20, 2015
UK
Hi guys,

I live in HK and will definitely go to the HK Electronics fair and possibly the Canton Fair as well.

Would be very excited to meet up some fastlaners here in HK!

Same Here! I live in Hong Kong too. Would be happy to meet whoever is coming over. Let me know if you guys need any help.

hughjasle

AutoPilot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Dec 25, 2012
Anywhere with internet
Hong Kong for the Electronics Fair in mid October
Didn't even know about this one, but would love to go to it if I pull the trigger here and end up out there.
Anyone headed to Phase 1 at the Canton Fair?
This is the main one I was looking to attend if I go. I REALLY should go. Just spent a lot of time traveling this year already and not looking forward to a long flight and time away from my kids. I'll bring my wife along, but no way will I fly that long with kids. :vomit: :puke:

I've noticed that hotel prices are way higher during that time. Any tips or tricks as to where to stay while there? I've never been...

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
I've noticed that hotel prices are way higher during that time. Any tips or tricks as to where to stay while there? I've never been...

Yeah the chain hotels are all super expensive (to me). Guangzhou has good public transportation and the metro will take you directly to the fair so I would recommend staying away from the fair but close to a metro stop and then just taking the metro everyday.

Honestly the hotels I have stayed at have been kind of shit if you are comparing it to American hotels but I am not too picky so its never been an issue for me (I also havent spent more than $100 a night). I think where you stay would really depend on what type of experience you are looking to have. Zhujiang New Town is a nice area with some really nice hotels (also a good range of prices), more of a big city look/feel. Haizhu Square is another area I have stayed which will be a lot cheaper and more run down but good enough for me ($50/night).

You could also just stay in a Spa, you dont get a private room so I am not sure its the best option if you are traveling with your wife but thats probably what I would do next time I go. I forget how much it was but all the food is included (buffet but good food) and it's the only place I haven't seen roaches. To sleep you get a reclining chair thats actually pretty comfy but its just a big room of chairs to sleep and some people sleep loud so it can be an issue if you don't being ear plugs. The spa area is a pool, gym, sauna (same sex) and you can also get massages for a bit extra. If I was going solo I would definitely do this again.

I think Agoda is probably the best site to book a hotel through, I tried Airbnb too but the person never showed up to let me in the place, I dont think I would do Airbnb again because it was a huge pain.

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014
I would recommend airbnb.

I stayed at this place last year for only $42 a night. It was a very nice brand new building that is 2 stops away from Canton Fair by metro. The metro was 1 block away from the apartment.

There should be plenty of other listings and you can look at the map to see how close you are from the fair/metro.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/6000674

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
I'll already be in Asia, so very likely I'll be at Canton. Definitely interested in an Air BNB.

I've been to most of the countries you've mentioned, but I'd be interested in going to Hong Kong and the Philipines.

Let's make this happen for people who are serious.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I will be at the Sky City Marriott in Hong Kong on October 13th (Thursday) and will plan on being available around 8:00PM at the Lounge at Sky City Marriott.

http://www.marriott.com/hotel-resta...arriott-hotel/the-lounge/5737704/home-page.mi

If you all are going to get together (I have vendor meetings earlier in the day so I can't do dinner), let me know who and what time and I will meet you at the Lounge for a drink and some Fastlane motivation. - Vigilante

p.s. this invite is for non-dabblers only

HackVenture

Digital Marketer
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Mar 11, 2011
Planet Earth
I'll likely be at Canton Fair this year. From Singapore, currently working from Bangkok so shuttling between the 2.

Would be great if this is confirmed and we could do like a Skype group or something?

Greg Black

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
325%
Aug 24, 2016
Bournemouth, UK.
I'm very tempted, though I think this may be too soon as I'm fully committed for the next 4-6 months.

Does anyone know if the fairs in the Spring are just as good?

safff

Redlining
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 11, 2015
I'm very tempted to head over there as I'm only a $400 flight from HK and have a few clear days. It would be my first time at the rodeo that said.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.