The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need a change of environment? Project Boulder!!!

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Day 2 of 98 - Super productive
Spent the whole day wrapping up the May edition of Limitless Success Magazine and another magazine I'm helping a friend with.
upload_2016-4-30_17-37-40.png

Day 3 of 98 - Total Focus & Progress With The Book
..and the day's not over yet...

upload_2016-4-30_17-37-11.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MotiveInMotion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 14, 2016
Independent
That's so awesome! Happy for you guys... I would love to meet up, haha as I was living in Boulder for 7+ years... I am across the world doing my think in SE Asia right now

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Project Boulder is turning into an epic disaster.

We got no work done all week, and our businesses haven't grown at all. This is not turning out like expected...

You see, it turns out we moved into a college frat house in the middle of the University part of town (THANKS craigslist sublet...).

The first night in, things started to go downhill...

A few of the 'brothers' were still living there and college didn't let out yet - so they had strippers over. It was some goodbye party for the graduating seniors...There was booze, there was cocaine, there was lots of...umm.. "group activities". There is one sorority that is over the house ALL the time...i'll leave it at that.

The partying life is simply irresistible.

So yeah - that went on for a week straight.

We lost track of time from all the partying and things finally settled down enough where we can get back to the computer

Partying like rockstars takes it's toll on you and gets in the way of business....

We might get enough work time in before the summer-time brothers move in... because from what they are saying, this partying with beer, drugs, and the Delta sorority happens nonstop until the end of the summer..

What did we get ourselves in to?

Like how the heck are we supposed to get work done in this terrible living atmosphere?

To those of you still thinking of coming to boulder, don't do it. You won't get any work done. Project Boulder is not turning out like we thought it would. Run while you can.

Going forward, 1 of 2 things can happen:
  1. This is going to be an epic party summer, and three months we'll never forget (or remember), or
  2. I'm totally practicing my creative writing, you believed it, I woke up this morning, did some meditation, drank some tea, and I'm getting a shit ton of work done....

upload_2016-5-8_10-19-28.png

deepestblue

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 11, 2011
Arizona
I applaud you for realizing that we only live once and for F*cking going for it - I enjoy Colorado and Arizona and you have chosen good places to experience your journey.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Project Boulder is Over:
  1. Lost 45 pounds.
  2. Met a girlfriend who I may travel Europe with.
  3. Transitioned my business into a market that is rapidly expanding.
upload_2016-8-5_18-49-49.png

upload_2016-8-5_18-38-38.png

So many lessons learned, mistakes I've made, successes I've had, new life experiences, and new people I brought into my life. Some things went amazing and others not so much, but in the end, I would always ask myself, what would my life be like if I never made this change?

germandude

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jan 4, 2016
Europe
Hey man really great to see you have succeeded. F*ck, partially because of your braveness to move and MJ's Phoenix story I am doing the leap and going to move in another country at the beginning of September. I have never washed my own clothes, but F*ck it, I guess I will learn.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
@AndrewNC First, I love this thread. This has inspired me to make the leap.

Second, why did you leave? I thought you were staying there?

Thanks again for this (your) amazing content!

I currently have the personality type where I value constant change and new environments in my life. Too long in one place, and I feel I get stuck in a routine.

For the past few months, I've made relationships and fitness a priority, putting the hustle of business as a secondary priority. This habits were anchored to my environment in Boulder.

I'm living in downtown Denver for a month because the environment here is more congruent with the hustle for my business. Plus I'm living with a friend/influencer in the market I'm serving next - and she's going to show me the ins and outs of the market.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Hey man really great to see you have succeeded. F*ck, partially because of your braveness to move and MJ's Phoenix story I am doing the leap and going to move in another country at the beginning of September. I have never washed my own clothes, but F*ck it, I guess I will learn.

My gauge of success is a lot different than most.

There was one point where I put all my money into a product and my bank account hit the red - that taught me to hustle and find a way to make it work.

Before the relationship, I spent 3 weeks super emotional wondering what was wrong with myself and why all the girls I dated put me in "the friend zone".

Before I moved to Boulder and improved my health, I was in and out of doctors offices 5 times over the winter dealing with stress and poor diet decisions.

The environment you are in is one thing. But nothing external can change who you are and the actions you take. I'll write an article about this one day, but the best words I can sum it up as is this...the change in environment and taking that leap into a new life was the best decision I ever made (I've done it 6 times since 2012)...but it's not a miracle cure for changing your life.

When you face things that others will never want to face in their life, remember this - turn inward and develop the character traits that turn you into a person who has experience pushing trough anything. What others call failure...I call opportunities to learn from and change my life.

Keep that in mind - and there are many others on the forum here that you can reach out to, to help with the leap.

germandude

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jan 4, 2016
Europe
When you face things that others will never want to face in their life, remember this - turn inward and develop the character traits that turn you into a person who has experience pushing trough anything.
Keep that in mind - and there are many others on the forum here that you can reach out to, to help with the leap.

Yeah, the entrepreneurial leap is not something my family really support me in. I have however built my knowledge, character and work habits so strong that I am at the point that I don't really care.

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
Jesus Christ what a story. Any chance of something like this happening again in the future?

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007