The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Organic Traffic - where is it coming from?

Marketing, social media, advertising

BlahBlahBlah

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Apr 9, 2015
Ireland
Hi,

looking to see if someone can advise here as I am a bit confused. around 6 months ago I launched my first E-Commerce website, I have been very active on Social Media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) and setup some basic Paid Ads on Adwords. My weakeast point is certainly SEO, all I have done is buying some cheap backlinks on Fiverr for like 30$ and forgot about it. When I search for the main keywords in Google I cannot find my website coming up in the search (please note, I don't have many competitors in the area, so if I don't show up it means my SEO is really bad).

When I run an acquisition report in Google Analytics however, it looks like a big part of my traffic comes from organic search, which doesn't make any sense to me. I would have expected way more traffic from social network. Could you please advise what this can be due to? Could it be that I am actually google ranked in other countries, which is why I cannot see my website from my location and still get traffic?

PS: please ignore "Referral" traffic, this is mostly generated by the mobile version of my website pointing to the desktop version.

1rqdzs.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
Run a backlink report on your site and check the anchor text. It will point you in the right direction.

Avoid buying cheap SEO services - you'll regret it later.

IGP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 24, 2015
Click on organic search, then click on keyword. The majority will show up as "not provided", but some will show up. Make a note of them. (This obviously works best over a long period of time.)

Then switch to "landing page" and see which LP has the highest traffic.

Correlate the two together and that is likely where your traffic is coming from.

If you are not tracking the keywords that show up in that report, add them to your rank tracker and see where they rank.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jetsetter883

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Mar 15, 2012
Click on organic search, then click on keyword. The majority will show up as "not provided", but some will show up. Make a note of them. (This obviously works best over a long period of time.)

Then switch to "landing page" and see which LP has the highest traffic.

Correlate the two together and that is likely where your traffic is coming from.

If you are not tracking the keywords that show up in that report, add them to your rank tracker and see where they rank.
Good advice for OP.

Are there any particular rank trackers you recommend? I've heard good things about Advanced Web Ranking, however there seem to be dozens of them out there. Curious to your thoughts.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.