The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Life Reflection: Best Returns of Time

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but parasitic people that drain you should be avoided whether family or friends.

Concept

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Dec 12, 2014
For me some of the best decisions have been:

• When I was 17 I decided to stop being the shy guy that went with the crowd. I started to do things at the beat of my own drum. I'm always asking the question 'why?' and 'how?'. It has led to some pretty wild and exciting endeavours and adventures. That decision really did define my life. I wish I did this when I was even younger, it would have made high school more enjoyable and easier.
  • In my 3rd year of University I decided not to drink for 6 months. It was tough! Particularly in the binge drinking culture of on campus life. But as a result I really came out of my shell. I could have fun in any situation without alcohol. By the end of the 6 months I could talk to anyone anywhere. It was tough but in the end it changed my life. I'm a hell of a lot more confident and comfortable in my own skin. If I do drink these days it is for pleasure, and I usually don't have more than one or two.
  • Make my health a top priority. Eating well and regular exercise. Just makes life sweeter and I feel great.

emanresu

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Oct 9, 2015
  • Look at what someone is doing, not what he's saying. Talk is cheap.
  • Listen more, talk less, look in the eye.
  • Don't laugh unless you find the joke amusing (especially with your boss).
  • Make it ok to be fooled once and don't get mad when it happens. You have just learned something.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DBXI

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Nov 24, 2015
I'll add a few that have made a huge difference and wish I would have started 10 years ago.

-Get up early 5:00am ish. Eat breakfast, workout 30-45 minutes a day minimum, take vitamins: multivitamin, vitamin D, omega 3. Start on work when everyone else is still sleeping. This is in the "zone" time and I get shit done so much faster during this time.
-Eat cleaner. Shop at farmers markets, co-ops, lean meats, fresh veggies, in season fruits. Avoid sugars and processed foods.
-Put the video games down bro and get to work.
-Get out more and network with people that are near your level or above. Put yourself around people that want to be where you want to be or are already there.
-Don't stress the little things. Cherish your loved ones like treasures. In toxic environments remove yourself from the situation.
-When it's work time it's time to work and when it's friends / family time you give 100% focus to those around you. Really be engaged to what they are saying / doing and don't drift thinking about what you need to do later that evening on the business. On the flip side family needs to respect "work time" so you can be dedicated to them after. These are conversations that need to be discussed cordially to work.
-It's ok to ask for help. You don't have to be the master of everything. There are people out there that can help you even when you think they can't.
-Have some time dedicated during the week to decompress with friends / family. Date night, day off etc. Burnout will set you back.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.