The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dallas....are you in here?!

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas

PTP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
766%
Dec 28, 2015
DFW, TX
I'm on spring break next week so I'm free whenever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
On spring break next week too. Another day next week would work better for me than Saturday. I'd be cool waiting for a day that @Kung Fu Steve could join. Especially with the lack of response to your saturday time.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
On spring break next week too. Another day next week would work better for me than Saturday. I'd be cool waiting for a day that @Kung Fu Steve could join. Especially with the lack of response to your saturday time.

My break too, but I am pretty booked up. Someone else may have to set this one up.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
My break too, but I am pretty booked up. Someone else may have to set this one up.

Yeah in Frisco to be Jill's manservant.

I'll be in town until the event. June 26th-ish.

Nothing wrong with just getting together and grabbing a bite to eat. No need to be formal!

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
When you have an official date. PM me. I'm flexible.

Grüßt euch Dallas!

Let's get another one of these up and running.

1. What did you guys like the most about the last meetup?

2. What do you think could be improved on?

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
I'm going tomorrow for first time. I might need a workspace in the future with miter saws
Was up Evil_Jester it's that you on the motorcycle? Btw I live south of Dallas.

AFMKelvin

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
No that's Jason Statham stealing a police motorcycle in the movie Crank. It's a great movie to watch when you hit rock bottom!
Lol right I've seen it. Don't forget to message me if you guys ever have a meetup.

AVizzle

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 4, 2018
Austin
I am in the North Dallas area right now, and I realized that all my friends have active Slowlane social lives that I am now too aware of. Looking to change that :^)

AFMKelvin

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
I am in the North Dallas area right now, and I realized that all my friends have active Slowlane social lives that I am now too aware of. Looking to change that :^)
I live in Fort Worth now would be cool to meet everyone somewhere in the middle of cities.

AFMKelvin

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
i'm in the plano/far north dallas area. would love to meetup sometime

Yeah me too but unfortunately it might never happen. This thread was started in 2014 and still today nobody has ever met. Even if we agree on a date most people might bail at the last minute.

The only way to make it official is if we make a Meetup with of it.

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014
I'm officially moving to Dallas on September 18th. Not sure of the exact area but I was thinking Plano or Frisco.

Would love to meet some new people here :)

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014
Where are you moving from?

Why are you thinking Frisco or Plano?

I am moving from New Jersey.

I visited Dallas 3 weeks ago and found that Plano and Frisco seemed more suburban, roads/shopping centers seems new and well developed. Also I plan on renting for the first year, and they have some new apartments (that are pretty cheap) by Legacy West. I'm open to other new apartment complex though.

I haven't signed a lease yet. The plan is to sign a lease on 9/8. I would even consider renting a house but I don't want to pay more than 1,700 a month.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I am moving from New Jersey.

I visited Dallas 3 weeks ago and found that Plano and Frisco seemed more suburban, roads/shopping centers seems new and well developed. Also I plan on renting for the first year, and they have some new apartments (that are pretty cheap) by Legacy West. I'm open to other new apartment complex though.

I haven't signed a lease yet. The plan is to sign a lease on 9/8. I would even consider renting a house but I don't want to pay more than 1,700 a month.

Are you going to be doing work or something that you must be directly north of Dallas? Personally, I don't like it that you must pay for the toll road every time you go some place in that area. It's only that way in that part of the metroplex. In other parts of the DFW area you have the choice to get on the expressway and pay a toll or drive for free. I do use the expressway a lot but personally, I don't like being forced to do anything like it is up by Frisco/Plano. You really should check out other parts of the metroplex. Before you sign a lease drive down 35w (west by Fort Worth). Drive from the city of Denton to Golden Triangle Drive. It's all new.... everywhere down here is new these days. lol Over to the west there are miles of brand new houses and apartments..... really, miles and miles. Or, drive on 380 just north of Frisco. That area is really nice but you should see the entire metroplex before you make a decision.

Good move to rent for awhile. Keep us updated where you choose.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.