The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What software do you use to help manage your personal finance

Anything related to investing, including crypto

Nur

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Apr 4, 2014
Do you use software to manage your personal finance,portfolio and business or do it manually?

I am having hard time tracking my expenditure despite there's many software available,i have no time to keyin manual transaction and i cant sync my bank to the software/saas (not in developed country)

I've tried toshl,pocketsmith myclearcheckbook,gnucash,homebank

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

yahdmon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
May 3, 2012
I live in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
It is hard to suggest anything because more information may be needed to say what one may thing would be best for you.

Are you paying for most your transactions via credit card? That may make it easier to get your transactions into a software also. And are you taking orders via cash only or do you also accept credit cards also?

ProblemSolver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Mar 18, 2014
Orlando
I've used Mint.com in the past and liked it. Very customizable and connects with most financial vendors. Not sure how it will work with the country you are located in but it is worth a try. Easy to signup and test it out. Easy to delete the account as well.

jpmartin

Jedi Master
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Sep 7, 2013
Do you use software to manage your personal finance,portfolio and business or do it manually?
I am having hard time tracking my expenditure despite there's many software available

Can't beat Excel spreadsheet. Do it once a month... but more importantly, why are you focusing on your expenses? You should be focusing on how to increase your INCOME. If you have a credit card, why not pass all your expenses through that, you might even get some points in the process (but remember to have discipline in payments, better still active auto-debit from your bank if they have the facility)

harryvent

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
May 13, 2016
Before I use the spreadsheet for keep record of my finance but sometimes missed to note my finance. Some problem will arise to manage my finance, One of my clients suggest Apptivo finance management software. They installed software for their business finance management purpose and I asked it suitable to all our needs, based on our requirement we customize it. See cost of this software very affordable and easy to use. Now I use this software managing both my business and personal finance. Try to reach them.

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
Stick to one thing.
I write in a notebook every night before I sleep.
And I add it in excel in the weekend.

If you have a lot of transactions everyday because you are affiliate marketer or something you will have to use tools. Don't use tools if it only takes 5 minutes to manage by hand.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
For personal finance I have a spreadsheet of major items, and pay myself a weekly disposable "wage" after bills are taken care of.

The spreadsheet is just rough. Personally, I think if I spend my time counting pennies then I'll keep earning pennies.

I'd rather focus on adding more MRR. As they say, "Sales solves everything."

For my business, I forward receipts onto a book-keeper. Best thing I ever did.

Make it the first thing you outsource as a way of trying outsourcing on for size?

Michael Clark

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Aug 22, 2016
Scotland
I use YNAB Classic (Desktop app) - though I'm not sure if they sell it anymore, they do it all online now - check http://classic.youneedabudget.com/. I've used it for over a year and check it almost daily.

It's all I'll ever need I think. I like it a lot.

BrandonS85

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
378%
Sep 8, 2015
Ohio USA
Excel is so flexible and so amazingly useful for businesses, that you might as well start with it so you understand it inside and out, then if need be move on to other things. It isn't just good for tracking finances, but assets, expenses, and anything under a gigantic financial umbrella.

Cascade

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Nov 3, 2013
Singapore
i have no time to keyin manual transaction and i cant sync my bank to the software/saas (not in developed country)

The question is really about sync & getting data grabbed automatically. Once this is solved there are many tools

If country don't have such function, decide

1. Manual entry (is it really worth your time?)
2. Send copies of all statements to be converted to csv format (privacy issues?)
3. do you really need to know the details? what if consolidate all transactions to single account and use that statement?

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE

illmasterj

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Jan 19, 2016
1360m
Google Sheets kicks a$$. You can use functions to query Google Finance such as:

=GOOGLEFINANCE("LON:VWRD", "price")
=sum(B10*(GoogleFinance("CURRENCY:CADUSD")))

Do some reading into it, it's very powerful and stays up to date. Best of all, it's free!

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
Quickbooks Online. Best $10 I spend every month.

Agreed. Nothing even comes close to the quality for that price, and it's so quick that it more than pays for itself when compared to the time spent using the free stuff.

JustAskBenWhy

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Sep 8, 2015
Lima, OH
QuickBooks for all non real estate companies and personal/
Excel for budget-building and financial statement reconciliation
Buildium for real estate

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.