The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2016-17 Fastlane Fantasy Football (Official)

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
In all my years playing FF, I've noticed a disturbing pattern... when I kill it on Thursday, I lose the match. When my opponent kills it and puts me behind bigly, I end up winning. Its like pointing out a bizzarro future...

I wouldn't be too concerned.

Someone just offered Gurley for Forte -- gee, I dunno, should I take it? An underperforming RB who doesn't catch many passes and will be faced with a stacked-box all year? Or my old man workhorse?

Well played, your team rolling along smoothly.

I'm regretting making Coby Fleener pick 69, especially ahead of your old faithful Delaine Walker from last year.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

saigon

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Sep 25, 2011
NYC/CT/GA
Rough start to the year. This fantasy year has been a wild roller-coaster after 2 weeks. However...

... some of the trade offers and final trades I've seen have me utterly confused. Can someone explain how either of the trades that went through make sense? Why trade a mid-low end RB2 for a mid-low end RB2? Legitimately confused and would like some clarity :)

bigred

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 16, 2013
Colorado
Rough start to the year. This fantasy year has been a wild roller-coaster after 2 weeks. However...

... some of the trade offers and final trades I've seen have me utterly confused. Can someone explain how either of the trades that went through make sense? Why trade a mid-low end RB2 for a mid-low end RB2? Legitimately confused and would like some clarity :)
I think you may be referring to my genius trade. I am blaming it on...I have nothing. It's probably the lowest point in my football fantasy career. Thanks for the public shaming

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014

Just be glad you didn't see the situation in the league I admin where two guys did a 5 for 5 trade a few days after the draft. I'm guessing it was like "hey nice draft", "you too", "ok let's swap teams", "deal".

Richie Rich

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Mar 26, 2012
Louisville, KY

If you are referring to the Langford/Freeman trade, then I take responsibility for accepting that trade offer. Langford is a sinking ship, along with the Bears, so getting Freeman, who is splitting duties, but plays on a competitive team, was the difference.

Has anyone noticed MJ's roster? He only has Stafford in his starting lineup, with all the other roster spots empty.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Why trade a mid-low end RB2 for a mid-low end RB2?

Because you're speculating the mid-low end RB2 will turn into a RB1, and the other guy you're trading away, a bust.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
Has anyone noticed MJ's roster? He only has Stafford in his starting lineup, with all the other roster spots empty.

What I noticed more is his strategic pickup of whichever defense is playing Cleveland in a week or two should pay off this week.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
What I noticed more is his strategic pickup of whichever defense is playing Cleveland in a week or two should pay off this week.

I'm playing 4-D chess here, you guys are playing checkers.

Kinda sucks you lost out on a tight-end in the last waiver round and you're still rolling with Fleener.

Perhaps you want to make a deal for one? I have 3 that can start on any given week. Although I don't see much on your roster that is worth negotiating for...

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
I'm playing 4-D chess here, you guys are playing checkers.

Kinda sucks you lost out on a tight-end in the last waiver round and you're still rolling with Fleener.

Perhaps you want to make a deal for one? I have 3 that can start on any given week. Although I don't see much on your roster that is worth negotiating for...

Brutal, I'll just sit here quietly brewing on that.

We all know you want a Blake Bortles to go with your Steve Smith Sr, Jesse James and Eric Ebron. "Hi my names MJ and I have a fantasy football alliteration addiction. It all started with Tim Tebow...."

Richie Rich

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Mar 26, 2012
Louisville, KY
At first, I thought MJ's Yahoo account got hacked, but I figure he's keeping everybody guessing as to who he's going to play week to week by clearing out his starting roster and benching everyone. Still makes me do a double take when checking matchups.

Switching gears: the waiver wire is crazy. $20 for Trevor Siemian? And you've got Eli Manning? Wow! He put up solid numbers last week, hopefully he keeps doing that. But $20? Me thinks you've might have overpaid just a bit.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
At first, I thought MJ's Yahoo account got hacked, but I figure he's keeping everybody guessing as to who he's going to play week to week by clearing out his starting roster and benching everyone. Still makes me do a double take when checking matchups.

Switching gears: the waiver wire is crazy. $20 for Trevor Siemian? And you've got Eli Manning? Wow! He put up solid numbers last week, hopefully he keeps doing that. But $20? Me thinks you've might have overpaid just a bit.
Now now let's not judge who may or may not have overpaid for a QB or a 4th string Eagles running back who better turn out to be Barry Sanders 2.0.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Now now let's not judge who may or may not have overpaid for a QB or a 4th string Eagles running back who better turn out to be Barry Sanders 2.0.

Hell I would have dealt you Ryan Matthews for sixteen bucks.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
Hell I would have dealt you Ryan Matthews for sixteen bucks.
I know you secretly hope that there are scenes of panic at Team Huge Carrot HQ, people running around madly throwing out wild bids because certain people kept outbidding me.

I can assure you those scandalous rumors are just that. It just so happens our advanced analysis concluded that Wendall Smithers or whatever he's called was clearly the best back in the draft, perhaps the league as a whole, therefore a bid of $16 was entirely reasonable.

You think of me when Wendell Sanders is getting inducted into the Hall of Fame in a few years....."man that Carrot guy really knew his stuff"

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
I wonder what Jay Ajayi goes for in the bidding this week after rushing for 200 yards....

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
$1 MEEEEEELION DOLLLARS!

View attachment 13368
I have to commend you on your sane, sensible bids every week. A $5 bid here, a $2 bid there. Nothing too outrageous, happy to be outbid on the various flavor of the week guys. Sure some would say you're basically playing like an old lady, but generally it's been sound.

In contrast I've gone the "Hibernating Bear Strategy". Quietly napping away, watching the money get spent before going on a crazed rampage through the nearest town to pillage and plunder such prized loot as Wendell Thingywood, then going back to my cave for a sleep and waiting for the next rampage.

Not sure that Stafford schedule looks quite so easy now the way the Vikings are playing defense. Still it was a good block, I mean selection, for pick 96.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I have to commend you on your sane, sensible bids every week. A $5 bid here, a $2 bid there. Nothing too outrageous, happy to be outbid on the various flavor of the week guys. Sure some would say you're basically playing like an old lady, but generally it's been sound.

In contrast I've gone the "Hibernating Bear Strategy". Quietly napping away, watching the money get spent before going on a crazed rampage through the nearest town to pillage and plunder such prized loot as Wendell Thingywood, then going back to my cave for a sleep and waiting for the next rampage.

Not sure that Stafford schedule looks quite so easy now the way the Vikings are playing defense. Still it was a good block, I mean selection, for pick 96.

I appreciate the kudos but I'm not as confident ... lets be real: I've been lucky this year. I will start 5-1 ... I should be 3-3. And my roster looks weak.

Like you, I've been playing the running back "he's sure to get hurt" handcuff game... and it hasn't happened.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I wonder what Jay Ajayi goes for in the bidding this week after rushing for 200 yards....

With Arian Foster coming back, anything over $1 is likely too much.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I appreciate the kudos but I'm not as confident ... lets be real: I've been lucky this year. I will start 5-1 ... I should be 3-3. And my roster looks weak.

Like you, I've been playing the running back "he's sure to get hurt" handcuff game... and it hasn't happened.

5-0 is not an accident, and tonight is no gimmie.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
5-0 is not an accident, and tonight is no gimmie.

Yea, I guess I gotta hope for a hometown team collapse -- a Brandon Marshall 3 TD game will kill your AZ defense, but it won't eradicate Carson Palmer.

And I was a total bonehead in playing Forsett -- honestly I have no clue what I was thinking when his floor was ZERO (which I deservedly got.)

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Yea, I guess I gotta hope for a hometown team collapse -- a Brandon Marshall 3 TD game will kill your AZ defense, but it won't eradicate Carson Palmer.

And I was a total bonehead in playing Forsett -- honestly I have no clue what I was thinking when his floor was ZERO (which I deservedly got.)

Carson Palmer spent the last week in the concussion protocol.

Richie Rich

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Mar 26, 2012
Louisville, KY

I can understand you starting Forsett, with Riddick out and Washington not at 100%, it was worth a shot if Stafford targeted him a few times in the passing game. You never know with Fantasy Football. I was kicking myself last week for not playing Riddick, as his points would have put me in a comfortable spot, rather than having to stress, sweat and worry if Brate was going to save my week. I must be living right though, starting 6-0 (knock on wood). I will admit, I had the suck out of suck outs last week.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
For some reason I now feel like I should have bid a bit more on Ajayi...

Anyway-

*Trade Offer*

Dear MJ, remember how at the draft you brutally stole my 1st round target Allen Robinson one pick ahead of me? I had to settle for that hobo AJ Green instead.

In honour of Robinson's spectacular form, I'm now offering you the following trade

You Give-Allen Robinson
You Receive-A packet of Pineapple Lumps, direct from New Zealand

You can wow any guests with that caviar of candies. Sweet, chewy pineapple chocolate goodness.

Offer lasts two days.
Regards
Team Huge Carrot

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
In honour of Robinson's spectacular form

While I got the YING of his poor performance, you get the YANG -- his name is Blake Bortles.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
While I got the YING of his poor performance, you get the YANG -- his name is Blake Bortles.
*sometime in December*

"this just happened in Jacksonville.....oh it's another 75 yard catch and run for Robinson, that takes him past 500 yards on the day...."

*League Winner Huge Carrot dedicates victory to old foe MJ* "I hope he's doing ok in rehab following his battle with Pineapple Lump Addiction. I kind of feel partly responsible for him gaining 400 pounds in a month"

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
@Veloce Grey looks like your roster of backup running backs is starting to pay off...

You wanna deal Asiata for J. Thomas? Your Colby Fleener is hit or miss.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
*sometime in December*

"this just happened in Jacksonville.....oh it's another 75 yard catch and run for Robinson, that takes him past 500 yards on the day...."

*League Winner Huge Carrot dedicates victory to old foe MJ* "I hope he's doing ok in rehab following his battle with Pineapple Lump Addiction. I kind of feel partly responsible for him gaining 400 pounds in a month"

You gonna send me some when I beat your a$$ this weekend?

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
@Veloce Grey looks like your roster of backup running backs is starting to pay off...

You wanna deal Asiata for J. Thomas? Your Colby Fleener is hit or miss.
I got that impression when I logged in to see four trade emails today.

I don't know why Asiata was sitting there as a free agent last week so I just added him as depth. But I'm not really looking for a tight end upgrade. Fleener is boom or bust but apart from the big guns like Gronk/Olsen he's still got amongst the highest weekly ceiling. He can also put up 40 yards like last week but that's most tight ends.

Of course I turned down Ajayi for Deandre Washington two weeks ago so I may be the worst trader going around.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
You gonna send me some when I beat your a$$ this weekend?
Some Pineapple Lumps? No I have a different gift for you....

You see growing up in New Zealand we tend to build our perceptions of places in the USA based on tv and movies. So while I've never actually been to New York, I've lost count of the number of things set there I've seen and therefore have a perception of the place which may of course be completely wrong. LA also gets plenty of airtime, San Fran, Miami, Dallas and even somewhere like Detroit gets a decent movie like Four Brothers.

Which brings us to Tampa. Hmmm lets see where have I seen Tampa on the screen.....oh I remember

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009VB97EY/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

Magic Mike! Channing Tatum, various other oily strippers and learning the completely foreign concept of a "Hurricane Party"

You beat me by 20 points you get Magic Mike, to watch as many times as you want.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
I'll up the offer to 2 bags of Pineapple Lumps.

The Universe doesn't care that you drafted him in the first round, or that you once wore pink pants....

What matters now is the decision between sitting there next week aging a decade as you watch Bortles miss him by 15 metres per throw, or happily sitting there eating that sweet pineapple wonderfulness.

With two bags you can invite Vig aound to share some while watching that Magic Mike he's fully expecting to win this week.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.