The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Young French Entrepreneur 21y/o, Canada, Québec

Eskaroots

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 31, 2013
Quebec, Quebec
Hi,

First of all english is not my native language so with the help of google , my own knowledge I will do my best to offer you a great thread about me and where I want to go.

I'm a student in business at University, I'm 21 and I work in sales part-time (15-20h/week). I turned down a lot of Multi-Level marketing scheme ( ACN , Verma , etc...) had an offer to own a student painting gig franchise but turned it down too because If I wanted to operate a Painting gig I could by myself seek contract in my city, open bank account and operate all the operations aka creating my own franchise and being my real own boss but I'm not really into painting.

I read The Millionaire Fastlane book I think 8-9 month ago, the knowledge are inside me but I could reread it, I have so much book to read with University and my own self-developpement ( non-fictional book ( Now I'm reading Mindset the new psychology of success http://www.amazon.ca/Mindset-The-New-Psychology-Success/dp/0345472322 ).

So lets begin, I have this idea of a organic nootropic drink based from green tea, giving the same benefits of an energy drink/coffee without the sugar crash and a much more healthier( Green tea).

I don't really know where to start. I found this industry near my city : http://www.aromatik.ca/en/ that could help me and my friend ( we are 2 for now, the idea is from me ). This company offer service like helping us formulating and producing it.

After creating the business plan( What does a business plan look like ? ) I could contact them to have at least 2 prototype within a month to start acquiring customer.

I have a contact that work in investment(http://www.investorsgroup.com/en/default.aspx) that could help us preparing all the documents to have investment from them. It only require at least the business plan.

I know that I can have money from student loan too. The interest rate are really low here in Canada.

I need to meet someone that could help me to bottle the product. Could rent his machine or invest in one for my company ... the investment is lower with the former than the latter.

I need to meet someone that could help us creating the design of the can/bottle, the logo brand etc...

I'm thinking going really aggressively on marketing because a lot of good product fail because they don't reach out enough people. I'm thinking having a distribution agreement with Couche-Tard ( A big gaz station brand here in Canada), with Popey's supplement ( http://www.popeyescanada.com) and even some groceries store.

Of course I will use the university campus !

So if any of you can give me tips , link , advice , mentoring I would greatly appreciate !

Greetings !
Julien.R

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Phenom

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Sep 7, 2012
Montreal, Canada
Welcome to the forum fellow Quebecer! I recall listening to an interview on Mixergy on one of the founder of Honest Tea (drink). He provides some tips on how he launched the company and eventually sold to Coca-Cola in 2011. I'm not sure if you can access the audio/video file but the text transcript is there. There can be some nuggets....

http://mixergy.com/barry-nalebuff-honest-tea-interview/

All the best!

Morethan1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Dec 6, 2012
Canada
Welcome fellow Quebecois! I have a question for you:

What makes your drink different from what already exists on the market today?

Eskaroots

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 31, 2013
Quebec, Quebec
Welcome fellow Quebecois! I have a question for you:

What makes your drink different from what already exists on the market today?

What makes my drink different from RedBull and drink like Gatorade is at the opposite of RedBull the peak of energy you get is not from sugar and caffein. Actually with what I want to create the focus you get is from the L-theanine that you found in green tea specially Matcha category ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matcha). I want to add Amino-acid that you can found in some pre workout : 5-HTP and Arginine . I will have a healthy drink with a ton of antioxydant ( From Matcha tea, I can even add Cocoa to the drink matcha and cocoa is a delicious and full of benefits mix ). The fun fact with matcha is that you drink the WHOLE LEAF ! More benefits !

Cacao : On the health side, ground up raw cacao beans are considered a superfood that is nutritious, rich in antioxidants, minerals such as iron, vitamins, and even 6 mg of protein per ounce! http://gotmatcha.com/matcha_cacao.html So those muscle guy that want a dose of protein or even our average guy will get it.

And I will add : "The key with Matcha is to drink it daily for optimal energy and metabolism increase. You will experience greater energy on a daily basis along with your workouts by the time weeks 8-10 approach with drinking Matcha daily. Various studies have found that physical endurance will improve as much as 20-25% when drinking matcha daily. "

Customer will want to stay on this ''diet'' to gain the benefits.

the L-theanine activate alpha waves to the brain that promote an elevation of concentration for study i.e. Theanine have an effect on anxiety level and is even recommended for ADHD medication. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L-Theanine

Arginine is to control blood pression and vasodilatation of blood vessel . Athlete use it to induce blood to muscle, I want to use it like catalyst for the L-theanine and if you ever used a pre-workout arginine give you this ''feeling good and pumped'' sensation. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arginine

5-HTP is used in depression and act on serotonins level . So by adding it to this Focus aid drink It can help user to not go on a downfall feeling ( Bad day ? not with my drink ) but the downside here is 5-HTP help falling asleep thats why we add Caffein ! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-HTP

Caffein : You know why I put it there . MORE ENERGY ! Regulate with L-Theanine you have all the benefits without the jitteriness. Everything is relocated to use your brain and pass thought a late study session or to recuperate from an hangover ( did I say that l-theanine is really good for the liver !!!! )

For sugar I will use Stevia. It's the newest sweetener. It start to becoming a popular one because stevia has a negligible effect on blood glucose it is attractive to people on carbohydrate-controlled diets. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevia

Taste I could go with flavour like Cranberry , Spices & Cinnamon , all type of berry, honey , cacao .

This drink will help its user to reach that momentum moment when everything work by itself. The ''Zone'' feeling that we get during a good day.

By mixing research that supplement companies offer and the ease of access to the public market for energy drink give. I think I have a great idea/product to offer.

People start to understand how an healthy lifestyle is important, FastFood start to look like Coffee shop ( See McDonald's) and we start to see much more people getting an subscriptions to there local gym.

Not everybody want to drink an hot coffee and/or mixing it with multivitamins.

With my product, I offer an organic full of healthy benefits based tea drink targeted for a person that want a kick in is butt during the day without having the withdraw of an energy drink or the dull flavour of the coffee.

My second plan is to grow a brand and penetrate the Supplement industry : Organic PreWorkout based tea. I just need to add Beta-Alanine and all the same things that other brand use + more caffein and I can reach a niche market.

Julien.R

I wrote all of that really fast in my ''natural'' english I know that there could be a lot of mistake here and there. I apologize in advance but we can get to the points.

Last edited:

Eskaroots

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 31, 2013
Quebec, Quebec
Welcome to the forum fellow Quebecer! I recall listening to an interview on Mixergy on one of the founder of Honest Tea (drink). He provides some tips on how he launched the company and eventually sold to Coca-Cola in 2011. I'm not sure if you can access the audio/video file but the text transcript is there. There can be some nuggets....

http://mixergy.com/barry-nalebuff-honest-tea-interview/

All the best!

Thanks a lot , I will read it !

yeah I want to sell my company eventually to start investing in more project. One day or another big company that were there long time before I was born will eat me alive. It's better if I know how the rules work. If I can survive through them why not going my own way if not I will try to get the best offer and reinvest in other project.

Eskaroots

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 31, 2013
Quebec, Quebec
[Updates] Went to a networking event at my university .

Found out about the BDC ( http://www.bdc.ca/EN/Pages/home.aspx ) it's a bank that promote entrepreneurship in the country and help young entrepreneur start project. Got the card and contact information of an account manager. He recommended me to go to the government bank of development first because they offer free time for consulting and start up to young entrepreneur. After having the first documents( business plan , evaluation of my project , etc... ) I will be able to contact the Account Manager and apply to an grant that will pay for the coaching and services they offer.

I'm so happy !

Eskaroots

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 31, 2013
Quebec, Quebec
Almost a year later...

I didn't follow up with my initial idea. It wasn't really from the hearth that I was doing that and after further reading creating a new drink is really hard and there is no real need to fulfill.

I followed up my education in Business Administration but along the semester my motivation did get down. I don't want to end up as an accountant or an economist. I do like numbers but the prospect from that diploma wasn't something I see myself doing. With further talking with my parents and with some research I will do a last push for the next semester and after that I will try to go in a Biotechnology program that is given. I always liked the science and the human body ( genes, DNA, brain function, enzymes, hormones).

I'm using the next semester to take control of my ADHD. I'm consulting a psychologist on a regular basis that give me the tools to manage my weakness. I will use the next semester as a laboratory to test my experimentation. The end goal is to get a work method that bring me good success toward my life. Managing my time and fixing a schedule and sticking to it. I need to restructure my pattern of thought and stop having negative thought about what I can achieve.

I took class that I think would bring me great asset toward living the good life.
1. Business communication : Public speaking and sharing your idea.
2. Entrepreneurship 101 : Tools to create a social project or how to bring an idea into action. Will learn how to write a business plan etc...
3. Principle of logic : How to write and think toward communicating your idea.
4. Sociology of innovation of technology : Context, processus and impact of the innovation of technology.

I purchased the mentorship that Tai Lopez is giving on his web site. I'm following right now the 67 step and I started to read more than ever ( It's a lie... I'm reading more but not always more classic books, only more blog post...) . I share is thought that by reading book you can feed you brain to think better and that help you to achieve greatness.

But his mentorship isn't really in realtime. I'm only listening to his video and audio that he give. My goal for the next Year ( 2015) is to find a mentor that can coach me in person or by skype.

But the question I'm having right now is that I don't know if I should quit my day job or not. I'm not financially independent. I'm just tired of selling iPad and computers to customer that do not want to force themselves at home to learn what is the difference between a 16go USBkey and a 32go one. I worked 40h in 3 day recently and the feeling I find myself in is this one : I'm giving my time and life to a corporation that will keep running even if I'm not there tomorrow. I'm giving my time on earth that I could use for myself and for the people around me just to sell depreciating object on the 26 of December. I see no end goal by staying there... but I have nothing except that right now. I would like to be a personal trainer as a day job but I don't know if I would be able to do that since i'm not the out going type of person.

I purchased a domain with my name. Don't know if I should use it to write a blog ... I find I should instead have a brand name and write a blog there... I'm afraid of people making fun of me or not taking me to serious because english is not my native language and I'm only 22 y/o... but then I see people like Marc Fitt (http://www.marcfitt.com) that are successful at 23y/o.

What should a 22 y/o do ? Investing in myself ( education and money) and wait until the day I come up with an idea ?

I think somewhere I would like to be told that I'm not forced to work for someone else and I can stay at home when I want. Tired of asking a manager when I can eat or if I can take a day off for school/family/myself.

I need a plan of action but I seem to not be able to think straight since i'm afraid of what would be the drawback of my next move...

- Julien

Eskaroots

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 31, 2013
Quebec, Quebec
Last edited by a moderator:

G2TS-Man

Inventor / Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 13, 2016
Somewhere in FRANCE
Hello Julien, My name is Julien too ! I'm french...

I don't know if we have the permission to speak french here but let's try... ???

Je suis donc français et je ne sais pas si tu consulte encore ce forum (tes posts ont 2 ans...) mais saches que j'ai 24 ans, et je me poses quasiment les mêmes questions que toi !!! C'est pourquoi j'ai lu attentivement...

Fais moi signe si tu veux discuter :)

G

GuestUser155

Hello Julien, My name is Julien too ! I'm french...

I don't know if we have the permission to speak french here but let's try... ???

I'm French and I do not know if you still consult this forum (your posts have 2 years ...) but know that I'm 24, and I almost poses the same questions as you !!! That is why I have carefully read ...

Make me know if you want to discuss :)[/ QUOTE]

Excluding the necrobump, have you posted your questions?

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
il n'y a pas de règle contre la langue française ici et il y a beaucoup de bons messages à lire (en anglais!!!)

je suis désolé, mon français n'est pas très bon :)

G2TS-Man

Inventor / Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 13, 2016
Somewhere in FRANCE
Excluding the necrobump, have you posted your questions?
Ohhhh I'm new on this forum (and so happy about it...) .. I'm so sorry for the necrobump (but you learn me a word, thanks !) You're right, I don't ask my questions but in fact, it's not really a QUESTION, it' a research of clearify I search and hope to find trough my readings of this forum... I have lot of ideas, lot of ambitions and lot of dedication but my brain is full of thoughts and it's difficult to me to see clearly ways I should takes etc....That's what I'd like to say.. and sorry for my english I'm trying to write without traductor....

G2TS-Man

Inventor / Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 13, 2016
Somewhere in FRANCE
il n'y a pas de règle contre la langue française ici et il y a beaucoup de bons messages à lire (en anglais!!!)

je suis désolé, mon français n'est pas très bon :)
Mayana, thank you for your confirmation about language.. Your French is good !! We are in a US forum and I dont want to be disrespectful for everyone in not make efforts to speak english... lol.

G

GuestUser155

Ohhhh I'm new on this forum (and so happy about it...) .. I'm so sorry for the necrobump (but you learn me a word, thanks !) You're right, I don't ask my questions but in fact, it's not really a QUESTION, it' a research of clearify I search and hope to find trough my readings of this forum... I have lot of ideas, lot of ambitions and lot of dedication but my brain is full of thoughts and it's difficult to me to see clearly ways I should takes etc....That's what I'd like to say.. and sorry for my english I'm trying to write without traductor....

I understand. There are so many ideas that you could do and you want to pick the best one, but it's overwhelming and you're paralyzed. I was just in such a place.

My recommendation? Pick an idea, if it has any chance at working out jump right into it. This gets tossed around in the forum a lot and I don't think too many people take it seriously, but it's one of the best pieces of advice I've ever read (and a recurring one at that).

Jump in. Pick a business name. Get the minimal amount of equipment/inventory/information you need and start getting clients/consumers.

Otherwise, you'll be stuck forever in limbo.

G2TS-Man

Inventor / Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 13, 2016
Somewhere in FRANCE
I understand. There are so many ideas that you could do and you want to pick the best one, but it's overwhelming and you're paralyzed. I was just in such a place.

My recommendation? Pick an idea, if it has any chance at working out jump right into it. This gets tossed around in the forum a lot and I don't think too many people take it seriously, but it's one of the best pieces of advice I've ever read (and a recurring one at that).

Jump in. Pick a business name. Get the minimal amount of equipment/inventory/information you need and start getting clients/consumers.

Otherwise, you'll be stuck forever in limbo.
Woooaaa....! Thanks for the advice. It sounds pretty POWERFUL in my head... Never someone has answer me a most simple but effective things to do... It makes me such an electroshock: 4 steps: I must choose the project I believe more, pick a name, takes actions and go get it. I had hear a sentence like this: even if you are not ready, jump in NOW or you will never do.... Huge thanks !!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...