The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Limitless

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Brittany is an Army vet. living in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

I first met her during a personal development meetup group where she walked in about 20 minutes late. As she was crossing between the presenter and the 10 other attendees, she shielded her face and eyes so nobody could see her.

The presenter called her in front of the audience, teasing her and putting her in the 'hot seat' for one of the exercises.

I could sense the anxiety and stress all across her face. She was nervous and couldn't wait to sit down. For the rest of the event, she sat in the back, hiding out of sight. A reminder of how my life used to be when I suffered from social anxiety and never wanted to be the center of attention.

After the event, she says she recognized me from a YouTube video of mine that she saw. This is actually the first time someone in public came up to me and said they recognized me from something they saw on the internet.

We got dinner and drinks together, and I began talking about what I do with personal development. I began telling a lot of stories to her about my experiences and life. On the outside, they were entertaining stories and she enjoyed them, but deep down, they were metaphors that opened up her mind to new insights that I knew would help her life.

I went through a few NLP exercises with her, because she showed an interest in learning.

The following day I thanked her for helping me with something in regards to my relationship life. Her reply:

upload_2016-9-3_10-16-54.png

I saw her again on Thursday at another meetup group.

At this group, she was more outgoing, being sassy and sarcastic with everyone, and at one point was actually enjoying being the center of attention. After talking to her some more, she was saying how she went to a meeting for the real estate company she works for, and while most of the people there were all nervous and shy, her and another one of the agents were the 'alphas' in the room, radiating with confidence.

Reflecting this back to my business:

Problem: People suffer from social anxiety, nervousness, and stress. It impacts their behavior and limits their true experiences in life.

I already have the solution with the skills I've acquired over the years.

How to turn this into a possible branch of my business?

1. Where can I locate people who suffer from this problem?
2. How can I allow them to realize that I can help them very quickly?
3. How can I effectively communicate my value proposition to them, so they will realize that they would be doing themselves a disservice by not working with me to fix this problem for them?

From there, I already have products and services that solve their problem

Things holding me back from acting on this right now...

I got a lot of stuff on my plate already - FOCUS.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 1, 2015
Around 18% of the US population suffer from anxiety disorders. It´s a very widespread problem, and if you can find ways to heal them it´s pretty cool!
Which remins me that I should take your NLP course sometime, haha. I´m suffering more or less from social anxiety and still look for the magic pill.
Exciting posts you got these days Andrew!

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
upload_2016-9-7_19-8-13.png

Estes Park, Colorado - 9/6/2016 - Mountain Sunset

My friend and I climbed up a rock formation 20 miles north of Rocky Mountain National Park, enjoying the scenery and philosophizing about life.

We began talking about our life purpose.

In some circles, they say that each of us was put on this planet with a purpose to serve. And events unfold in your life that nudge you in the right direction when you are going too far off track from your purpose.

Stages of Evolution:
  1. Helping yourself.
  2. Helping others.
  3. Helping the community or world as a whole.
In business, we see the same concept, using a different language.
  1. Self - "I want to make $1 Million"
  2. Others - "Help the customer"
  3. World - "Serve the market"
I feel as if my friend is pulling me in a new direction with my business.

I used to care about myself and making money. Then I served customers (making money and helping people). But now, I'm starting to look at the bigger picture.

I've been studying how to change systems instead of individuals.

Theoretical Example - We complain how the education system sucks for entrepreneurship. Up until now, I create self-study training courses to help re-education people after they've been through the system. (I teach them how to think for themselves, be in control of their life, and not rely on others to lead them).

But that is level 2 thinking.

Level 3 would be to work with the education system itself, and work the things I learned about personal development and other things into the curriculum. Starting to do so with private schools (most open to change) and then carry it over to public schools.

When you change the system, millions of people are going to be impacted, instead of going for one-on-one.

That's just one example, but the intent behind this is different now...it's about creating a change in the world as a whole, instead of just for myself and one person at a time (customers).

This feels much more rewarding...I chased the money, I got the money...and something was missing.

Now, I feel like I'm at the point where I should serve my purpose to the world, and be the change I want in the world.

Going forward

My friend and I joining forces together to tackle an issue in an industry that is growing very quickly. She has the passion and drive to make a huge difference. She has the industry knowledge. I have the knowledge to reach millions of people and all the sales/marketing stuff, applied to something meaningful.
  • She wants to make the training courses I sell be for free to increase impact.
  • I want to make sales, knowing that this will fund the growth of the movement, reach more people, sustain growth...and pay the bills
Gotta pay the bills! Now to use my influence training to allow her to understand all that :)

We'll see where this goes.

upload_2016-9-7_19-58-59.png

Have you thought about finding a purpose beyond yourself and one-on-one customers to create a meaningful change in the market (or the world)?

Last edited:

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Business Update #1 - Second guest article published on Secret Entourage - http://www.secretentourage.com/entrepreneur/surround-yourself-with-success-the-90-million-mentor/ They said they are looking forward to my next one.

Business Update #2 - I am doing a video interview with the founder of Real Social Dynamics. He requested a video interview - and he said he spent over $1 Million on camera equipment for his business. I, on the other hand, work from my computer at home, so been spending all day running around, looking for a place to film.

1. Booked a room at the public library.
2. Reached out to my network - and a friend who runs his business from here said he booked me this conference room to do it.

upload_2016-9-8_15-59-38.png

3. I could do an outdoor video interview on pearl street in boulder.
4. I have a friend with a nice sized, well-lit house, and good camera gear - so that is another option.

I'm learning towards #2

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
The library looks good ! But what's up with the plant ? It's....small. You need a bigger plant.

Joking aside...how's the sound in the room ? It looks like it might echo ?

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Limitless Success Magazine - First Video Interview
14238342_956441314464551_2055951673753874484_n.jpg

Just finished my first video interview for Limitless Success Magazine - Did a 60 minute video interview with Nick Kho | Founder of Real Social Dynamics. The transcription of the interview/article will be in my magazine, and the interview will be on his YouTube channel.

Some background information about the interview:
  • It's amazing how just a couple of years ago I used to watch YouTube videos from this company as an ordinary viewer, and now I'm interviewing the founder of the company and being featured on the same channels I used to watch. Never used to think something like this is possible.
  • To be honest, I was extremely nervous going into the interview. The setup was with myself talking to Nick on skype, and then looking into, and talking into my camera the whole time, which was unique because I didn't see him via video at all during the interview. Most of the video is me staring into the camera, hearing him on headphones...but hey - gotta start somewhere :).
  • I noticed talking faster than normal, kind of like when I did my first YouTube videos on my own...something that I know will get more comfortable in time.
  • The most important things I learned were the lessons from him, and the overall sense of his personality and perspective on business and life. He takes business seriously. I believe he said he has invested over $1 Million in his education.
Getting Started

The interview started off with me rushing to find parking in Downtown Denver on a Friday Afternoon after a traffic accident on the highway. It's 2:50 p.m. and the scheduled time to start is 3:00 p.m.

I'm carrying my camera, tripod, and duffelbag with my laptop, lighting, and some other things in there into a co-working space on Champa Street.

As soon as I get in, I message Nick via Skype on my cell phone saying we are just getting everything setup, and will be ready to go in 5 minutes. I meet up with a friend of mine who was working from the co-working space that day, and we begin to setup shop in the meeting room. My friend and the owner of the office are troubleshooting my wi-fi as I setup the tripod, camera, and lighting. Great team effort there, and great friends to count on when needed.

Nick and his cameraman do the final touches on their setup, as we begin to film. Nick jumps right into the introduction as I'm still unsure of what to expect. Before the interview, he says he is going to upload this on his channel, where each video gets about 60,000 hits.

Lessons learned: I gave myself 30 minutes leeway based on the GPS time to get to the office, and even that was cutting it close.

The Interview

It's interesting being the interviewer on this side of the interview.

For most of my YouTube videos, I'm the one who holds the frame, I'm the one who holds the conversation, and I'm the source of information based on what I've done in the past. But this is about learning someone who has build a much larger busienss than I have. From this interview, I'm the one open to listening more than I talk. At one point, I go into my experience for 30 seconds, but I immediately cut back because I wanted to keep the main focus on him - 1. it's his channel and his show. 2. I won't learn as much by talking about myself. Two ears and one mouth for one reason.

It's amazing how I always used to go around YouTube searching for answers to my specific questions. But during the interview, everything Nick was talking about is something that applies directly to my company.

His video editing team has his side of the recording, which I don't have access to yet, but one of the most powerful takeaways I took from the interview is level of thinking, and his ability to push forward regardless of what adversity he faces.

When asked what his motivation is when he has to push through tough times, the response he gave me was "I always win." Then a long pause, with me expecting more. It wasn't so much the words he said, but HOW he said it. I could hear in his voice, that he was 100% convinced without a shadow of a doubt that there is no other option, only to succeed. At one point he was sleeping in his car and using free hotel wi-fi when he was rebuilding his business. He was sleeping on the couches of students he was coaching for dating (his brand). And no matter what...he wins.

I ALWAYS WIN - is the motivation/MINDSET I'm using going forward.

I won't go all the way into the content of the interview before things get published, but the overall sense of professionalism and confidence on his part is still the main takeaway I got. His way of thinking radiated over to me going forward with my business. When shit happens like his company being banned from countries, getting ripped apart by the mainstream media, when business crashes during the recession - the level of confidence and power to charge forward through adversity is there.

When he was in the negative spotlight of the mainstream media - he hired a PR team and learned the ins and outs of PR.

When his business went down during the recession, he strategized to learn new things and make it work.

His company is always ahead of the curve, realizing that the things that worked yesterday, won't work today (example: myspace being the big social media site). He's always pushing out content on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat. Over 14,000 hours of content.

(this is my way of phrasing it off the top of my head - he said it different) - If everyone loves you, you're doing something wrong. A lot of his biggest haters turned into his most die-hard loyal fans. The community he created in different cities, and the community online were so loyal that they had hundreds or thousands of volunteers help out the company, simply because they wanted to learn from him.

He stays away from investments, and thinks the best way to grow the business is organically through revenue.

The company is led by him and his partner, Owen. Owen is the visionary who sees all the angles, puts things together, and he is the leader/CEO who executes on everything they need to do. I was talking to my friend after the interview the importance of having both sides covered, even in one person. The mission/vision of the future you stay true to..and then the person who does the execution of the ideas.

I always leaned towards being the visionary, and on one of my magazines - I partnered with the guy who handles the day to day tasks - which is working out well for that.

He attributes the success of his company to his community, staying true to his vision, and leading by example. Other companies in the industry preach things they read in books, but they don't lead by experience. He shares a lot of the same philosophies of the leaders of this forum such as @Vigilante @Andy Black @AllenCrawley @MJ DeMarco - and all the others. Referencing Gary Vee as one of the guys he learns from, to lead by example. Business schools and classes teach about business plans and all this other stuff..but when he had nothing, he held his first workshop for his business in a starbucks in New York City - and within 6 months, they've done over $1 Million in revenue, and he said the most important thing to do when you start a business is get your first sales.

Overall - going forward, I'm networking with a lot of highly successful entrepreneurs through running this magazine - and I'm noticing common themes about their insights on life and their personality traits. You become who you surround yourself with. Your beliefs in the past and the beliefs of most people can hold you back. And when you believe anything is possible...anything is possible.

But that belief and confidence in yourself is only the beginning. I spent a lot of my journey in entrepreneurship working on that confidence and belief in self - because I struggled with that for so long - now that it's here - it's time to execute day in and day out.

You just have to hustle every day and do it.

upload_2016-9-9_23-25-6.png

upload_2016-9-9_23-25-34.png

upload_2016-9-9_23-26-35.png

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
The library looks good ! But what's up with the plant ? It's....small. You need a bigger plant.

Joking aside...how's the sound in the room ? It looks like it might echo ?
Definitely an echo...good thing the other guy was talking 99% of the time, and video editing :)

Last edited:

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
Use overhead position for microphone to get rid of unwanted reverberation (echo). Or you may also invest in acoustic treatment which you'll be able to make use of anywhere anytime you need it.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I imported an interesting item last year to sell through one of my magazines, and decided to list it on Amazon. I ordered the products and setup the item listings, and then my business partner ran some paid advertising campaigns to them.

It's amazing how easy it is to sell stuff that people want and are interested in.....It took me like 2.5 years to get my first sale as an entrepreneur...probably because I had no clue what I was doing and made excuses to hold me back.

Now I just randomly get emails of making sales as I am out and about doing whatever...

Things to think about going forward:

With advertising costs and amazon fees - the campaign is not positive ROI. The product sells for between $15-$20 and we get it for under $4 shipped to the door.

Get more reviews on the item to boost organic rankings.

upload_2016-9-19_18-49-59.png

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
the campaign is not positive ROI.
we get it for under $4 shipped to the door

Obviously you can't lower the Amazon fees. Can you sell without so much advertising ? How about selling through your own site ? Is it something you can wholesale ? Just seems there should be a way to sell whatever you have at a profit.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Obviously you can't lower the Amazon fees. Can you sell without so much advertising ? How about selling through your own site ? Is it something you can wholesale ? Just seems there should be a way to sell whatever you have at a profit.

In bulk quantities, we could get the cost down from $4 per unit to $1 per unit.

It's a very competitive market that we are selling through right now. Our original plan was to advertist it through the magazine and email list, which has a decent sized reader base, but for the first 2 pushes - it didn't produce many results.

I like your idea for wholesale - there is definitely potential there, as well as other offline strategies, as well as continuing to promote it through our own site/following over time.

I'm not a huge fan of making Amazon the primary long-term marketing source.

Thanks for the insights, I'll look into the wholesaling!

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Doing some testing on brand building. How can my brand stand out from the rest?

There are plenty of personal development companies out there that teach some of the same stuff I do...how do I stand out.

This guy has his subtle sarcastic persona...

Test 1 - going to take this video down soon, and make it more professional, but this is one of the themes I'm going for:

Test 2 - About page that is not so...boring, so people will read it to the end.

upload_2016-9-20_17-16-33.png

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
I don't 'get' the guy in the first video. Maybe because I don't know who he is ?

Excluding the first part of your video filming all the food stuff...I think the rest feels honest and true.

I'm a really creative guy. I'd like to Skype with you...get to know you...get a 'feel' for the true 'you', then brainstorm for ideas. I don't know what it is that just isn't quit 'clicking' with the above branding. I understand to hold an audience you have to be a bit entertaining....different...and most of all, Honest. I kind of feel like you're holding back something that maybe you don't know you're holding back that would be awesome.

Anyway...of course maybe no one will agree with me and that's ok because I don't care if I'm right....I care about results.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I'll be leaving Denver in 2 days, to drive my car to my family's house and then spend the rest of the year backpacking through Europe, growing my business from my laptop in coffee shops.

Just got a call from a person in Colorado Springs, who said the services I offer can help groups of people in the military...they are putting me in touch with the decision makers for the program....

But I'll be gone soon, so I'll make the intro and then see where it leads to when I come back next year.

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
Doing some testing on brand building. How can my brand stand out from the rest?

There are plenty of personal development companies out there that teach some of the same stuff I do...how do I stand out.

This guy has his subtle sarcastic persona...

Test 1 - going to take this video down soon, and make it more professional, but this is one of the themes I'm going for:

Test 2 - About page that is not so...boring, so people will read it to the end.

View attachment 13217
I went Vegan about 6 months ago. Started my vegan/ lifestyle blog the other day. Going for two posts per week.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I went Vegan about 6 months ago. Started my vegan/ lifestyle blog the other day. Going for two posts per week.
Awesome! What's your purpose for the blog? Recipes? Activism? Etc?

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
Awesome! What's your purpose for the blog? Recipes? Activism? Etc?
I probably won't do any recipes because that is super over done on vegan blogs. Half of my posts will be about the health benefits of veganism, explaining studies, vegan diet hacks etc. Will probably dip into environmental, and ethical aspects of veganism as well but not as much. Mostly regurgitating information from popular youtubers to explain the studies and do it without the drama. the other half of my posts will be motivation hacks, health, life, fitness hacks, etc. I pretty much want it to be the whole package in reguards to improving yourself with actionable things you can do right awy. I.e. quit caffeine, myofacial release, diet for weight loss, bodybuilding vegan diet etc. It's going to take a lot of work. What is your website?

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I probably won't do any recipes because that is super over done on vegan blogs. Half of my posts will be about the health benefits of veganism, explaining studies, vegan diet hacks etc. Will probably dip into environmental, and ethical aspects of veganism as well but not as much. Mostly regurgitating information from popular youtubers to explain the studies and do it without the drama. the other half of my posts will be motivation hacks, health, life, fitness hacks, etc. I pretty much want it to be the whole package in reguards to improving yourself with actionable things you can do right awy. I.e. quit caffeine, myofacial release, diet for weight loss, bodybuilding vegan diet etc. It's going to take a lot of work. What is your website?

Awesome!

The route I'm taking is to not even use the word veganism because it is a trigger word. In the beginning, I'm working with some of the larger non-profits teaching them what I learned from the business world, and applying these lessons so their cause in activism. From there, I'll be partnering up with a vegan girl to attack the health/fitness markets - without using the word vegan, but suggesting more plant-based diets, to avoid the resistance from people who aren't vegan but are in the health/fitness market.

The site for that isn't up yet - but my personal site is http://andrewalexander.org/ where I'll be posting a lot of articles and stuff. I just put it back up after it got hacked the other week.

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
Awesome!

The route I'm taking is to not even use the word veganism because it is a trigger word. In the beginning, I'm working with some of the larger non-profits teaching them what I learned from the business world, and applying these lessons so their cause in activism. From there, I'll be partnering up with a vegan girl to attack the health/fitness markets - without using the word vegan, but suggesting more plant-based diets, to avoid the resistance from people who aren't vegan but are in the health/fitness market.

The site for that isn't up yet - but my personal site is http://andrewalexander.org/ where I'll be posting a lot of articles and stuff. I just put it back up after it got hacked the other week.
Good thing people are going different routes. I'm going the veganism route because it's already so big and I can effect current vegans and possibly get people to join the group. (People like joining groups) And I figure why try to start a new movement when we can just make the current movement (that is growing, check google trends) better.

I will probably be very tactful going forward in using the word "Vegan" But the title of my site is Davethevegan.com so it's going to be out there lol

I like your blog. I wish the font was a little bigger. Was hard to read. I think size 16-18 is a sweet spot for blogs.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Good thing people are going different routes. I'm going the veganism route because it's already so big and I can effect current vegans and possibly get people to join the group. (People like joining groups) And I figure why try to start a new movement when we can just make the current movement (that is growing, check google trends) better.

I will probably be very tactful going forward in using the word "Vegan" But the title of my site is Davethevegan.com so it's going to be out there lol

I like your blog. I wish the font was a little bigger. Was hard to read. I think size 16-18 is a sweet spot for blogs.

Thanks!

Updated the font size to 18px. How's that work? Might consider bumping it up to 20

Nomangee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
May 11, 2012
Germany
Funny how law of attraction works. I literally watched a video by Owen with Nick for the first time since a few months, right before I went onto this forum and found your thread. :D

Thinking already for quite some time about starting some sort of business in the plant-based industry. If you look at the growth numbers of these companies, the market is huge! One food company got an offer for around 350 million, I think it was, from Google and they declined it. :wideyed:
I even know a vegan food product, that is quite a niche, but doesn't exist yet, only as vegetarian and not well marketed. Which is the one I "missed" the most, when I went vegan. :)

Dunno where you are heading on your backpacking trip, but if you are at one point near cologne, Germany we could have a chat.

Nomangee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
May 11, 2012
Germany
Nutritional yeast? Seitan? Am I close?

It's a sausage called frikandel, which is here mainly used for hot dogs. If you ever eat one of these, you never want to go back to a "normal" hot dog.
One small vegetarian butcher already made a version out of lupines, which is sold in some super markets in a few areas.

If you get the texture and taste right, I could see it sold all over the world in the vegan sections as a hot dog replacement product,
which I have also not seen yet. Sausages yes, but not specifically marketed for hot dogs.

Last edited:

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
Thanks!

Updated the font size to 18px. How's that work? Might consider bumping it up to 20
Opened your blog and proceeded to read a full post.
You write a lot of text, I think you will benefit from a major redesign of your website, because currently it doesn't look like a lot of effort was put into it.

Kind of devalues your content and makes one take it not serious.

Regarding typography, I'd say Caravel, 19-20px, no sidebar, 1.5+ line-height, less-black colour and more intelligent formatting will make it look solid.
GbDYsFxyPmk.jpg

Last edited:

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Funny how law of attraction works. I literally watched a video by Owen with Nick for the first time since a few months, right before I went onto this forum and found your thread. :D

Thinking already for quite some time about starting some sort of business in the plant-based industry. If you look at the growth numbers of these companies, the market is huge! One food company got an offer for around 350 million, I think it was, from Google and they declined it. :wideyed:
I even know a vegan food product, that is quite a niche, but doesn't exist yet, only as vegetarian and not well marketed. Which is the one I "missed" the most, when I went vegan. :)

Dunno where you are heading on your backpacking trip, but if you are at one point near cologne, Germany we could have a chat.

I'll be base out of Granada, Spain for the next few months and will do random trips! I'll let you know if I swing by!

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Opened your blog and proceeded to read a full post.
You write a lot of text, I think you will benefit from a major redesign of your website, because currently it doesn't look like a lot of effort was put into it.

Kind of devalues your content and makes one take it not serious.

Regarding typography, I'd say Caravel, 19-20px, no sidebar, 1.5+ line-height, less-black colour and more intelligent formatting will make it look solid.
GbDYsFxyPmk.jpg

Thanks! I had the site setup with a whole different design and then began modeling Ryan Holiday's site with the content and articles - which must be doing well for him.

I'll check into the font change when I get back to updating it!

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I'll be base out of Granada, Spain for the next few months and will do random trips! I'll let you know if I swing by!

When will you set up base in Granada? I'd be interested in a meetup. Always looking for an excuse to go to Spain :)

Nomangee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
May 11, 2012
Germany

If you are looking for cheap flights, there is an Irish Airline called Ryanair, which does mainly flights around Europe. For example you can get from Germany to London for 10€ quite often.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.