The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

advice on webpage

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
For the parent company website I want it to resemble this site
http://www.bienvillecapital.com/

but was wondering if it looks like a wordpress template or something else? not quite familiar with webpages and am now just beginning to learn the variances and different types. I am not a fan of wordpress pages as they appear to common. A full fledged website is an investment I learnt from many different people.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hercules P.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Sep 11, 2016
For the parent company website I want it to resemble this site
http://www.bienvillecapital.com/

but was wondering if it looks like a wordpress template or something else? not quite familiar with webpages and am now just beginning to learn the variances and different types. I am not a fan of wordpress pages as they appear to common. A full fledged website is an investment I learnt from many different people.

Hey Arun this is not a WP website. It is build using the standard PHP framework. But you can build a similar website using WP (using the revolution slider plugin at full width + a background video + a few layers of text) .

BUT I would not recommend this design because most of the times it is confusing to the user. It would be better to have the logo at the top left corner and the main navigation bar at the top. (check my website http://www.oneuserexperience.com to see the difference)

The next time you want to see in which framework a website is based use http://builtwith.com/ Just write the domain name and it will tell you everything about the website. It's a great tool!

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
Thank you sir I want my site to be created via PhP AND like you suggested only difference would be the navigation menu bar on top

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
Wordpress website can have any look you can imagine. The fact that 99% of websites look the same doesn't mean anything.
If you need to be able to edit content of your website yourself - Wordpress is your only option.
If you don't, neither you need to use databases - I'd go with a static html website.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Hey Arun this is not a WP website. It is build using the standard PHP framework. But you can build a similar website using WP (using the revolution slider plugin at full width + a background video + a few layers of text) .

BUT I would not recommend this design because most of the times it is confusing to the user. It would be better to have the logo at the top left corner and the main navigation bar at the top. (check my website http://www.oneuserexperience.com to see the difference)

The next time you want to see in which framework a website is based use http://builtwith.com/ Just write the domain name and it will tell you everything about the website. It's a great tool!

Good resource, thanks! Rep++

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Personally, if you're budget constrained, go with wordpress. There are an infinite variety of webpages that you can design with Wordpress. Themeforest has a bunch that are all very nice. I use the Avada template. It is very flexible. And quite cheap. The developers of it have 10 or 15 different (and I mean DIFFERENT) looks that they've created with it ... you can install a look and customize it for your needs.

If you have $10k=$15k, then have one built by a marketing company that knows its stuff. If you don't have that kind of money, then learn how to do it yourself. I'm not sure that someone who charges $2k for a website (or less) is worth paying.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
If you are working within a limited budget but want to stay away from WordPress, I recommend Weebly websites. Weebly is very easy to use, and the sites come out looking professional. This site for pole barns in Shipshewana, IN is just one example of how Weebly sites can look.

Thanks

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
Personally, if you're budget constrained, go with wordpress. There are an infinite variety of webpages that you can design with Wordpress. Themeforest has a bunch that are all very nice. I use the Avada template. It is very flexible. And quite cheap. The developers of it have 10 or 15 different (and I mean DIFFERENT) looks that they've created with it ... you can install a look and customize it for your needs.

If you have $10k=$15k, then have one built by a marketing company that knows its stuff. If you don't have that kind of money, then learn how to do it yourself. I'm not sure that someone who charges $2k for a website (or less) is worth paying.

Good info thanks

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.